Why aren't posts and forums being marked read?

For a week or so posts and forums that I look at aren't being marked as read like they used to be. Haven't changed anything my end (Firefox, Windows 8.1).

Either I am the only one having this problem or I am the only one who cares

The "new posts" button hasn't worked for a decade.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I'll clarify my earlier comment since I wasn't thinking about the "new posts" button in the header at the top -- that "new posts" button at the top of the screen works to bring up new posts -- but the forum doesn't keep track of what posts I've read in any given thread. So when you click the small "go to first new post" button next to any particular thread (green circle), that feature doesn't work, and hasn't worked in a looooong time.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

No it isn't that. I can read a thread and the next time I look it is still shown as unread even though nothing new has been posted. I can mark the entire forum as read and next time I look threads with the last post made well before I did that are shown as unread. The behaviour has certainly changed from what I was experiencing for years.

The only change I have made recently is to load Adblock Plus on Firefox - it couldn't be that could it?

ya, i'm [obviously] not tech savvy, but seems like it would block cookies/gadgets that relate to history-
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

New posts works for me with Adblock in Chrome, maybe it's pooched in Firefox?

Just started working as normal again. Turned a few things off on the PC, wonder which one it was.

Quote Originally Posted by nickinbc View Post
    Just started working as normal again. Turned a few things off on the PC, wonder which one it was.
    could have been that, or the stuff the tech team has been working on, something to do with cookies. dunno.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's