USA - Germany Soccer Friendly 6/10

US taking it to z germans! 2-1

Beating the Dutch and the Germans within a week! That would be crazy talk
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Saw the starting line up:

#USMNT lineup: Bacon; Jamestown, B-2 Spirit, Eddie Pope, Fried Chicken; Star Wars, Mississippi River, Liberty, Donut; Bald Eagle, John Wayne
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    That would be crazy talk
    If they were competitive games, not friendlies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

And the feather in England's friendlies cap right now is a draw with Italy.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

^^

To some extent, I agree but just because they are friendlies doesn't mean they don't have a lot of significance for the growth of the program. I love what Jurgen and his staff are doing with changing up the lineup and formation. Going back an forth between a 4-4-2 and a 3-5-2 makes it very hard for teams to prepare for them and change up on the fly during a match.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    And the feather in England's friendlies cap right now is a draw with Italy.
    Yep. Sounds about usual.

the only way that the Amis can beat the Germans would be if all 11 Germans drank a keg of Andechs before the match.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I am always a day late and dollar short. I missed this game.

PNW is right...just a friendly, but it IS better to win these things.

I find EPL games to be more entertaining than national team games these days.
    They think I do not know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do.

That game and the Holland game was awesome! Just friendlies yes but good to win. Think of what the tune would have been had they lost 3-1 both games?

Ha, and Mexico lost 2-0 to Brazil the other day. Again, just a friendly but Mexico would have liked to win.

I really, really, really hope they change the World Cup location from Qatar to anywhere-but-Qatar-or-the-middle-east. I hope they strip Russia of it too. Rebid the whole fucking thing. Fuck Russia.

It would be unfortunate that all of those migrant workers would die in vain, though...I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Grape_Ape View Post
    It would be unfortunate that all of those migrant workers would die in vain, though...I guess.
    Seriously... What would the lives of those 1200 workers mean if we don't kill the remaining 4000? If there's one truism in life... Once you start killing migrant workers, make sure you finish the job. Nobody likes a quitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Seems a little odd that the U.S. is leading the investigation, yet the U.S. Is the most likely country to get the WC if the Quatar and/or Russia end up losing the WC.

That said, I went to some of the games at the Rose Bowl when the U.S. hosted and it was AWESOME!! Would really, really like to see the U.S. host again and, let's face it, is there really any other country that could pull it off at such short notice?

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    Seriously... What would the lives of those 1200 workers mean if we don't kill the remaining 4000? If there's one truism in life... Once you start killing migrant workers, make sure you finish the job. Nobody likes a quitter.
    Weren't you skeptical in the FIFA thread that they would just die anyway because they were dying before the stadia were being built?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by boarddad View Post
    let's face it, is there really any other country that could pull it off at such short notice?
    English FA have already offered. The premiership stadium infrastructure would cope no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    English FA have already offered. The premiership stadium infrastructure would cope no problem.
    Yeah...but what about the rampant and horrific problem of hooligans?

The U.S. doesn't have that problem because we don't give a shit...so give us the Cup, bizatch.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Weren't you skeptical in the FIFA thread that they would just die anyway because they were dying before the stadia were being built?
    Yep - still am. Not sure if that's really the case or not, but the assumption implied in that article is a little hard to accept at face value. Regardless, that doesn't mean FIFA (or anyone else) should voluntarily participate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Shit, so could pretty much any European country, especiallySpain, Italy, and France. Hell - let the Scandi countries split it between DEN, NOR, and SWE.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Shit, so could pretty much any European country, especiallySpain, Italy, and France. Hell - let the Scandi countries split it between DEN, NOR, and SWE.
    Yep.