Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nwslide View Post
    A lot of people mention the extra focus on team play in the women's game which is spot on. I'm curious why. Any thoughts?
    Women players aren't as good, so yes naturally there's more relative focus on team play. Not that team play is less important in the men's game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Grape_Ape View Post
    Softball chicks? Whewwwww! They have to be the most disgusting of all women athletes (after the shotputters of course).
    ORLY?

France's Louisa Necib is hot:

I'm going to the China-Netherlands Canada-New Zealand double header Thursday. Should be a great afternoon/evening out with the family.
    Move along nothing to see here.

I watched a part of the England-Mexico game yesterday. I was NOT impressed with the skill level and the game was boring as shit.

That said, I am glad women's soccer exists...I just can't watch it.
    They think I do not know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Grape_Ape View Post
    I watched a part of the England-Mexico game yesterday. I was NOT impressed with the skill level and the game was boring as shit.

That said, I am glad women's soccer exists...I just can't watch it.
    you should check out Brazil then... Mexico sucks this year and England always sucks. I look at it like college basketball... yes there are better players out there in the world, but the competitiveness and clean, tough play are compelling to watch.
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Watching US vs. Nigeria now - SOO much better than Norway vs. Ivory Coast last night. Watching Ivory Coast was driving me nuts. It didn't help that the commentators kept pointing it out, but you would think that even the worst of the teams could, I don't know, learn to play with both feet?!? I mean, the girls on my daughter's U10 team could do that. I have to admit, the Ivory Coast goal was a beauty though.

Well, I heard the announcers were saying the U.S. looked good against Nigeria, and they had it wrapped up. Seeing it live we thought they looked sloppy, and that the coach doesn't know the line-up yet. In our group, 2 people say they'll bow out in the final 4, and one thought they'd only make the group of 8. Any predictions?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Womens World Cup Soccer

The USA looked like shit vs an inferior opponent. The game announcers all fucking THREE of them sure did their best to blow sunshine up everyone's ass just like all the other games. Why is there the need to have three announcers for women's games? You never, ever see that in the men's game. All of the broadcasts are over the top in how earnest they are in a way that lacks authenticity to what is happening on the field and just feels forced. The broadcasters need to shut the fuck up for more than two seconds. It's ok to let the game be played and not talk constantly. See NBC EPL broadcasts for much better commentating.

There simply isn't enough talent in the world for there to be 24 teams at the women's WC. 16 was a much better number. The gulf in talent from the best teams to those below is massive compared to the men's game.

Overall, I have found the US games fun to watch and some of the others ok as well. However, nothing compelling has happened yet to get most of the country spontaneously interested beyond the usual title 9 obligations.

Looking at the knock-out brackets, I'm picking Germany over Norway in the final, with the U.S. Taking 3'rd over Japan. Too bad Sweden drew Germany in the first knock-out round - they are actually pretty good and don't deserve to go home so early. I couldn't believe the German lady on the wrap-up broadcast picked Australia to go to the final. Did she not watch the game against the U.S.? U.S. Got 3 of their 4 round robin goals against Australia and it really wasn't that close.

I don't know what to think of some of the round-robin performances against lesser teams. It could be they just didn't put in a full effort or they could have just not prepared for those teams. Regardless, I didn't see any real upsets as far as which teams got through to the knock-out rounds.

I fucking love soccer.

I don't care who wins this though.

Copa America is where it's at.
    They think I do not know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    We're going to the June 16th USWNT game v. Nigeria. Anybody else?
    I was there. What a great atmosphere! 52,000 people.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Well, I heard the announcers were saying the U.S. looked good against Nigeria, and they had it wrapped up. Seeing it live we thought they looked sloppy, and that the coach doesn't know the line-up yet. In our group, 2 people say they'll bow out in the final 4, and one thought they'd only make the group of 8. Any predictions?
    I agree- I thought the midfield looked very sloppy. Nigerians had some excellent opportunities, and Dede (GK) was on fire.
    I say they make it through the 16's, but the QF's will be a match. Going to be a tough one against Colombia though. If China beats Cameroon (thoughts?) then USA will have a pretty straight shot to the Semis. If Cameroon wins, and USA wins, that QF match might be the best game of the Tourney.

Going to the QF on the 27th, looking forward to it!

Womens World Cup Soccer

The USA can win it all on the back of the defense, but it won't be easy.
    Last edited by wolfelot; 06-18-2015 at 06:57 PM.

Womens World Cup Soccer

On a whim we're going to Japan v. Netherlands Tuesday. My nephew wears a lot of orange.

Thoughts on China/Camaroon? Maybe the Chinese coach can straddle another player for the win.
    Last edited by plugboots; 06-19-2015 at 07:40 AM.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Watching the Canada v Switzerland game. The quality, or lack thereof, makes this almost unwatchable.

The Fox sports commentators also sound completely ignorant of the laws of the game.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

The women have my admiration for not crying like pussies every time they fall down. Unlike the men that lay down faking injury, the women generally pop back up and get after it.

Quote Originally Posted by boarddad View Post
    Looking at the knock-out brackets, I'm picking Germany over Norway in the final, with the U.S. Taking 3'rd over Japan. Too bad Sweden drew Germany in the first knock-out round - they are actually pretty good and don't deserve to go home so early. I couldn't believe the German lady on the wrap-up broadcast picked Australia to go to the final. Did she not watch the game against the U.S.? U.S. Got 3 of their 4 round robin goals against Australia and it really wasn't that close.
    You were saying something about Australia?

^ Oh I had them beating Brazil. It's Japan they are going to lose to.

no posts from tonight's game? That red card seem a little harsh to anyone else?
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Yeah it did. Same with the two yellow cards against the U.S. Missing those two players could certainly impact the next game...

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Yup. All cards seemed a little harsh to me. A breakaway penalty on the GK deserved a yellow at most because of the situation though.

US coordinated attack seemed lacking to me despite being the overwhelmingly better team.
    I still call it The Jake.

Absolute bullshit yellow card on Rapinoe. Referee is French...what a surprise

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Meh - I thought the game was called fairly. Can't give the red to the goalie if you don't give the yellows to the U.S. Players. Rapinoe got her card because she had committed several fouls of increasing intensity in a short period of time. If you watch it back you'll see it. The foul she got the card for wasn't that bad, I'll give you that.

Man, England was my bracket buster. They played much better than I expected. Norway should have sat on the 1 goal lead, but then they got that goal pretty early. Still, England schooled them once they got the lead. Hate to say it, but the U.S. Side of the bracket is MUCH stronger! Germany, the U.S. And China are all much better than anyone on the other side of the bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Kind of bummed about the general lack of love. We don't have a tv, so I mostly depend on pubs for this time of entertainment and games have not been playing in my neighborhood. I guess most guys just prefer to watch men runnin around.
    How do you expect us to take our eyes of the WNBA?......................................serious ly.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianskis View Post
    Yeah it did. Same with the two yellow cards against the U.S. Missing those two players could certainly impact the next game...
    Captain obvious has entered the building!!!