Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Womens World Cup Soccer

No threads on this? No love for the ladies? Norway full of hot blond chicks. (news?)
    USA faces Australia tomorrow.

Kind of bummed about the general lack of love. We don't have a tv, so I mostly depend on pubs for this time of entertainment and games have not been playing in my neighborhood. I guess most guys just prefer to watch men runnin around.

we should take bets on how many women that play in this comp identify as gay ...

percentage ???

I'm guessing 77% ...
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

I was at the last US win when Brandy took her jersey off, of the horrors of horrors.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

while the men are obviously much more individually talented, i find the womens game much easier to watch at times

except for the south american teams who dive and foul just as bad as their male counterparts
    holy fucking shitballs

Seems like upping the draw to 24 teams might have been a little premature. The Germany - IC match really highlights how large the discrepancy still is between development of the women's and men's games in many places... It's great that it's not just the US that invests in women's soccer any more, but overall, there's still a ways to go. Tough to figure out how to bridge the competitive gap when a significant portion of the draw doesn't field professional players. And for a lot of the counties, development of the men's and women's programs is a zero-sum game - it's not just a matter of choosing to throw more money at the local FA. Wouldn't think the FIF looked at that match yesterday and thought to themselves "boy, we should do this more often".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Thailand and Ivory Coast weren't ready for the moment for sure. I actually felt sorry them. I have to agree that the Norwegian's are HOT!
    More cowbell!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadam View Post
    we should take bets on how many women that play in this comp identify as gay ...

percentage ???

I'm guessing 77% ...
    I can't tell if this is sarcastic or not...
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by spudbumkin View Post
    I have to agree that the Norwegian's are HOT!

These chicks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

I'll be watching tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post

These chicks?
    I have to admit that this particular photo is not very flattering.
    More cowbell!!!

Used to attend the Atlanta Beat home games in 2002, really fun. Good to see Shannon Boxx and Abby still playing at the highest level. Do miss Brianna Scurry tho...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Watched for a bit and saw some ok but sloppy play. Soccer women have great legs. The most interesting thing to me was hearing the announcers talk about how the women's WC team plays training matches with the mens under 15 teams and they are very competitive.

Christen Press is yummy. Good start for Team USA!

Quote Originally Posted by legallyillegal View Post
    while the men are obviously much more individually talented, i find the womens game much easier to watch at times

except for the south american teams who dive and foul just as bad as their male counterparts
    Yup. Watched my younger sis' team win national titles and many, many regional titles growing up and I have to say their 'team play' was way more focused than us guys' game. Clean passing and coordinated scoring. I got to play at a very high level before college and we never instituted the 'no scoring before 4 touches rule' as much as I saw my sister's club do it. Much less on as much of a routine basis.

Stoked for the ladies.

Beats the shit out of watching the WNBA.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by brizz View Post
    Watched for a bit and saw some ok but sloppy play. Soccer women have great legs. The most interesting thing to me was hearing the announcers talk about how the women's WC team plays training matches with the mens under 15 teams and they are very competitive.
    My bro played at a high level - his U16 team played the Canada women's nation team one season and creamed them, winning by something like 8 goals, if memory serves...
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

I always found women soccer players to be sexy for the most part. When we played them, they couldn't hold our jocks though (after the game though, they could if they wanted).

I just can't get excited about women's soccer but I may try to watch a few games.

Softball chicks? Whewwwww! They have to be the most disgusting of all women athletes (after the shotputters of course).
    They think I do not know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    I guess most guys just prefer to watch men runnin around.
    If the women wore bikini bottoms like the LFL it would be more watchable.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    My bro played at a high level - his U16 team played the Canada women's nation team one season and creamed them, winning by something like 8 goals, if memory serves...
    There's a lot about this post that needs explaining.
    They think I do not know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I would rather watch you pulling my toenails out with a pliers than watch the WNBA

Quote Originally Posted by Grape_Ape View Post
    There's a lot about this post that needs explaining.
    it's common in Canuckistan for the high level (national team) womens teams to play the high end teenage boys teams to gain experience as their isn't enough competition just in the womens ranks
    at one point the hockey team that has won the Olympic gold forever used to play the better league teams in Calgary (whatever age 15-17 year old boys are) they stopped as far as I know because they would regularly get crushed by these same boys teams. Sounds like the soccer team has the same program (and problem?).
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

We're going to the June 16th USWNT game v. Nigeria. Anybody else?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I have to say their 'team play' was way more focused than us guys' game. Clean passing and coordinated scoring.
    Yep. I did undergrad at Santa Clara and that was always my impression too.

That as well. Women's soccer is by far my favorite women's team sport to watch (beach volleyball, surfing, and skiing don't count).

A bunch of new stuff out about Solo's assault stuff recently. The team would be lost without her...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

A lot of people mention the extra focus on team play in the women's game which is spot on. I'm curious why. Any thoughts?