Craft Shop Supervisor near Winter Park

The YMCA Snow Mountain Ranch is hiring a Craft Shop Supervisor. Compensation is $360/week + room and board. This would be up to an 8 month work agreement preferably starting in late July. The position has access to the Grand Pass Program with free skiing at Winter Park.

This is a great opportunity for someone who essentially wants to manage a small business, or is a recent graduate with a degree Art Education or a BFA.

The Craft Shop Supervisor manages and directs operational aspects of the Craft Shop. You'll supervise, schedule and train volunteers and seasonal staff. Move from one project to another while assisting guests. Order supplies. Set prices for the services and projects sold in the Craft Shop. Develop new craft ideas to fulfill the needs and interests of the guests. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests and staff. Teach crafts to guests.

Requirements:

Minimum of one year experience teaching crafts to all ages.
    Able to stand/stay on feet for long periods of time
    Able to lift up to 30lbs four feet off the ground
    Knowledge of running kilns helpful, but not a requirement
    Friendly, welcoming personality
    Experience supervising staff, scheduling
    Experience with ordering, managing inventory
    Retail experience

Please apply at snowmountainranch dot org

Is the Grand Pass Program really a ski pass or a promise of maybe a transferable pass that you may be able to use?

If I'm over 21 can I use recreational marijuana or drink beer on my days off?

Can my girlfriend say with me on weekends?

Thanks

The Grand Pass is a transferable pass for Winter Park, with a limited number of days to Steamboat and Copper. Snow Mountain Ranch employees can buy a season pass to nearby Ski Granby Ranch for $20. We don't allow alcohol on the property but you can drink off grounds. We also don't allow marijuana on property. There is a chance that you may or may not have roommates so no visitors after eleven are allowed.