Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    HAAAHHHHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHHHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

(thanks ... needed that laugh)
    Yah - no shit. You have to change rotors every time.

Don't rotors cost about $50ea?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Dude don't do it.

Dude.

Don't buy it man.

You'll regret it.

Just don't buy it for Christ's sake.

Think about the children, THE CHILDREN!

Talk me out of buying this car.

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Don't rotors cost about $50ea?
    DIY is over $400. See, http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=594663

Rotors are over $400 actually. Pads are $60 per set. http://www.turnermotorsport.com/BMW-...mw-brakes.aspx

Why waste money buying a sports car to be driven by a women. Howabout a forester, Mazda, or a nice, roomy minivan?

;-)
    get paid

Why waste money buying a sports car to be driven by a women. Howabout a forester, Mazda, or a nice, roomy minivan?

;-)
    OP's wife wants the look. He already knows it makes no sense - he's just trying to give her what she wants.

My wife did too, and I got her an X3. Actually a far better car than our Subaru wagon and not more expensive to maintain (especially true if you include the 4 year/50K free maintenance at the start). Trouble free up to 85K so far.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    OP's wife wants the look. He already knows it makes no sense - he's just trying to give her what she wants.

My wife did too, and I got her an X3. Actually a far better car than our Subaru wagon and not more expensive to maintain (especially true if you include the 4 year/50K free maintenance at the start). Trouble free up to 85K so far.
    Fuck that nonsense!. If you always give women what they want then they will always expect more. If that ship has already sailed then ur fucked. Damn rookies.

I just give them multiple orgasms and leave it at that. :-p
    get paid

Yah - no shit. You have to change rotors every time.
    Totally wrong. As a jong that has owned 3 BMW's I will say it is smart to get the cpo on the direct injection engine, as the carbon build up and subsequent cleaning can be up there. We have had really good luck with the BMW's we owned and with a good indie doing the repairs, it is worth the expense to drive a fucking fun car. The wife's present 335i is a blast to drive and just a solid car. Pure joy to drive compared to some beater for less$$$. Sure they cost about $30k when a few years old, but that is the way to buy a nice car (as the 2nd owner). Lucky she had the extended warranty as her AC crapped out twice in 12 months and was a super expensive repair. Other than that, with 50k miles on the car, we have only had to do the normal maintenance. My daughter stills drives my wifes 2002 330ci. With a 150k on it the car is still super sweet to drive and looks fucking great. But ya, haters got to hate on a nice car.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Totally wrong. As a jong that has owned 3 BMW's I will say it is smart to get the cpo on the direct injection engine, as the carbon build up and subsequent cleaning can be up there. We have had really good luck with the BMW's we owned and with a good indie doing the repairs, it is worth the expense to drive a fucking fun car. The wife's present 335i is a blast to drive and just a solid car. Pure joy to drive compared to some beater for less$$$. Sure they cost about $30k when a few years old, but that is the way to buy a nice car (as the 2nd owner). Lucky she had the extended warranty as her AC crapped out twice in 12 months and was a super expensive repair. Other than that, with 50k miles on the car, we have only had to do the normal maintenance. My daughter stills drives my wifes 2002 330ci. With a 150k on it the car is still super sweet to drive and looks fucking great. But ya, haters got to hate on a nice car.
    Jeezus - from one BMW fanboy douchebag to another (I've owned 4 of them) when I say "full brake job" I mean rotors, pads, sensors. I'm not just talking about changing brake pads when the rotors have 50% left. You can't resurface the rotors with good results. On other cars, rotors may be resurfaced.

BTW, I prefer the look and feel of e46 to e90 or F30. OP is looking at an F30, which is about as big as the prior 5 series.

Was that the X3 with the NA straight six? Parts are still expensive, but that was a great engine. I don't trust the turbo 4 banger to be as reliable. That shit breaks and when it does, it's 'spensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Was that the X3 with the NA straight six? Parts are still expensive, but that was a great engine. I don't trust the turbo 4 banger to be as reliable. That shit breaks and when it does, it's 'spensive.
    Maybe. My V70R is a high compression turbo 5 cylinder engine and they are pretty reliable unless over tuned and running lean, then cylinder walls can crack. Buy ya, that straight 6 NA engine is really a good one. Not a fan of the direct injection, but the 3.5 liter twin turbo in my wife's car is awesome. And with a tuned and exhaust gets 400hp Pretty fuckin awesome for a $30k car.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Get a Taco or a Scoob and new skis and some toys and maybe a divorce.

Done and Done. Wife is the new owner of the 3 Series she wanted. Maintenance carries over. Grand off asking price and exactly what we wanted for our trade made it a no brainier.
    Anyone have any thoughts on the wheel/tire insurance? $1300, I have 5 days to get back to them if we want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Yep it is an 07 X3 that has the same basic engine as my 05 330. The X3 puts out 255 HP tuned a little differently from mine, which puts out 225 HP. The 07 AT had a bad reputation but we got a good one.

Fuck that nonsense!. If you always give women what they want then they will always expect more. If that ship has already sailed then ur fucked. Damn rookies.

I just give them multiple orgasms and leave it at that. :-p
    Cheaper to keep 'er.

Shit at least my wife worked a good job and socked away a bunch of money in her 401K so I can retire some day.

Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post
    Done and Done. Wife is the new owner of the 3 Series she wanted. Maintenance carries over. Grand off asking price and exactly what we wanted for our trade made it a no brainier.
    Anyone have any thoughts on the wheel/tire insurance? $1300, I have 5 days to get back to them if we want it.
    Where are you driving? Look at Tire Rack prices for replacement tires. Figure $25/tire install fee. Prolly not more than $800-900 installed for something like a Conti DWS in that size. With a tall enough sidewall on the tires for XI, I dunno if you need wheel insurance.

BTW, if you have 8x17" wheels, and you ever put on summer tires, Michelin Pilot Supersports from Tire Rack are like $160/tire when on sale. Great tire.

You can also get road hazard insurance from Tire Rack when you buy tires. Look at that.

WestCoastPDR Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post
    I sold the shit out of it when I was a finance manager. NEVER once had a customer make a claim. Cost for your car should be around $500. I made a killing selling it. (Was at a big box franchise store representing jaguar Land Rover and 3 other brands)

And the reason you have 5 days is because that's how long it will take the accounting department on average at the dealership to send the paper work into the bank so they can get paid.

WestCoastPDR Guest
    It does cover wheel damage. That's the good thing. So if (when) she curbs a wheel it can get fixed. But then as a used car manager for the same store I paid 40-50 bucks a wheel to get fixed from curbage

Cheaper to keep 'er.

Shit at least my wife worked a good job and socked away a bunch of money in her 401K so I can retire some day.
    That's if you own it outright, I lease. Congrats on getting one with minimal depreciation.
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by johngenx View Post
    Get a Taco or a Scoob and new skis and some toys and maybe a divorce.
    I lol'd
    get paid

Don't forget to get the undercoating.

WestCoastPDR Guest
    Vin etching. That's some worthless shit right there. Undercoating totally worth it coming from the North East

I'm sure that you can find a funfer which is much nicer for about the same price.
    A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
    ― Milton Friedman

Buy a 2015 fully loaded Subaru Outback. But maybe the wifey needs the "status" of a BMW. German Engineering, my a$$!!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Report back at 100 g miles.
    Anybody telling you to buy a car with a "naV" system is just foolish. 100% fluff-dint buy it. lame car driven by lame humans.