Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hey Doggy

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Similar thing here today had me SMH.... On a very busy singletrack here in PC (Armstrong-midmtn-spiro) couple guys and their dog taking a break and sitting down in the middle of trail, which is bad enough, but you shouldn't bring your fucking dog on the busiest singletrack in park city. Very inconsiderate move. U want to run your dog take it to a quiet place, like the uintas
    Hope you aren't talking about me cause I was there with my pup wednesday, lol. But I don't stop in the middle of the trail or let my dog do it either. I also go on off peak times with her, generally.

don't bikers "technically" yield to hikers? if so I assume that would mean their dogs as well? sure most hikers step out of the way but if you're bombing around a corner and you have to yield to a hikers dog seems similar to having to yield to a hiker.
    I think having both hiked and ridden w/ dogs I'm prob more understanding to them on the trail. one of my dogs would go to the side of the trail when I commanded, the other not so much (and the 3rd was a dane so she just took up the entire trail no matter what
    that being said, if a trail doesn't allow dogs or if it's that busy or if your dog is overly "friendly" then yea, find another trail or change up your time.
    did have a hiker on the trail awhile back tell me my dogs should be on leash. told him it was pretty difficult riding singletrack w 2 dogs leashed up...

Hey Doggy

Quote Originally Posted by criscam View Post
    don't bikers "technically" yield to hikers? if so I assume that would mean their dogs as well? sure most hikers step out of the way but if you're bombing around a corner and you have to yield to a hikers dog seems similar to having to yield to a hiker.
    I think having both hiked and ridden w/ dogs I'm prob more understanding to them on the trail. one of my dogs would go to the side of the trail when I commanded, the other not so much (and the 3rd was a dane so she just took up the entire trail no matter what
    that being said, if a trail doesn't allow dogs or if it's that busy or if your dog is overly "friendly" then yea, find another trail or change up your time.
    did have a hiker on the trail awhile back tell me my dogs should be on leash. told him it was pretty difficult riding singletrack w 2 dogs leashed up...
    My case was 3 bikers w/ a dog. And they were lounging on sides of t a trail intersection, couple of them had their legs going into the single track. Dog standing in the middle. I have no problem w dogs that know how to run with a rider. (Shit, I don't even have a huge problem with the situation I mentioned. Just venting) I find it awesome when they stay right behind their owner, or off to the sides and know how to avoid other bikers. Some dogs just don't get it. Lol

Sound familiar skiaddict? ;-)

Even worse: the Mtn biker racing thru "run-a-muk"' the only off leash dog trail in all of PC and running into a dog, then having the balls to complaining about it till the dog owner got a leash citation IN A OFF LEASH DOG PARK. Fuck that guy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Haha nope definitely not me. My dog and I know how to stay outta the trail when we stop

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Haha nope definitely not me. My dog and I know how to stay outta the trail when we stop
    Whew. That would have been awkward. Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    I'm not saying it's illegal to bring your dog on a mtn bike trail with dozens of riders an hour during peak use, I'm just saying your a fucking asshole for doing it; especially if your dog isn't well trained then you are endangering its well being
    Even the best trained dog might decide to chill on the trail for a second. Just sayin.

The craziest shit I've come across in a trail was a couple in lawn chairs getting down. The funniest part is that they were still there when we were on our way back too. They could have moved 10 feet off the trail and we wouldn't have noticed them. Come to think of it, we almost ran over their dogs before we got to them.

Damned dumbass duck left a duckling in the middle of the trail:

Wasn't w/ my dog or it woulda been a dead duck.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Was this at the Deforestation Camp or McChicken Feet?

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander#2 View Post
    Attachment 167637
    Bandit be his name, going fast is his game.
    Man, he looks awesome Why don't we ever see some of him in the doggie stoke thread?

The rare Jer post!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Was this at the Deforestation Camp or McChicken Feet?
    Reforestation Camp. Machickanee Forest allows dogs, and it doesn't have any good single track.

On the commute the other week I passed some begging roadside hippies and their charming pitbull took a pretty athletic lunge at me....it was actually a pretty close call.

hey doggy.