Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 51 to 63 of 63

Thread: Nocturia

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SLC, Utah
    Posts
    3,205
    Quote Originally Posted by rutty View Post
    Whyís that ? Iím looking for answers and hoping that a solution to this problem of Nocturia can be found from those who suffer from it also? Sharing experiences and therapies can work for some and not others?
    Did not expect childish comments like this one from people who donít suffer with Nocturia.
    hey rutty, my apologies - i did not mean to be offensive or rude! TGR is a pretty laidback place, and we all give each other good-natured ribbing from time to time. your post was both informative and well-written; a modern classic in the genre of veritable of nightpissery. what a way to make a debut in the forum!

    DTM and you have to deal with some seriously frustrating shit it sounds like - i can't even imagine; i had no idea how bad Nocturia is. best of luck to both of you in figuring out a treatment plan which helps with those symptoms.

    on a non-medical note, do y'all have those automatic toilet bowl lights? those things are a goddamn lifesaver.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    6

    Nocturia

    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    hey rutty, my apologies - i did not mean to be offensive or rude! TGR is a pretty laidback place, and we all give each other good-natured ribbing from time to time. your post was both informative and well-written; a modern classic in the genre of veritable of nightpissery. what a way to make a debut in the forum!

    DTM and you have to deal with some seriously frustrating shit it sounds like - i can't even imagine; i had no idea how bad Nocturia is. best of luck to both of you in figuring out a treatment plan which helps with those symptoms.

    on a non-medical note, do y'all have those automatic toilet bowl lights? those things are a goddamn lifesaver.

    Apology accepted - however in my book anyone who does not suffer from a medical condition ribbing someone whoís life is made misery of having that condition - well I hope they get it! Irrespective of whether itís Nocturia polyuria, cancer, Ms or any other disease for that matter. Then they may understand themselves what itís like to suffer along with the jokers who rib?

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SLC, Utah
    Posts
    3,205
    Quote Originally Posted by rutty View Post
    Apology accepted - however in my book anyone who does not suffer from a medical condition ribbing someone whoís life is made misery of having that condition - well I hope they get it! Irrespective of whether itís Nocturia polyuria, cancer, Ms or any other disease for that matter. Then they may understand themselves what itís like to suffer along with the jokers who rib?

    hey man, to be clear, i wasn't speaking poorly of you or your condition, i was only commenting that you had a fantastic first post here! that's all.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    15,934
    Quote Originally Posted by rutty View Post
    Have you found a cure yet or a way of atleast reducing the urine volume/ void amounts So you can sleep uninterrupted?
    Nope.

    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    DTM and you have to deal with some seriously frustrating shit it sounds like - i can't even imagine; i had no idea how bad Nocturia is.
    Unlike a lot of medical conditions this one is easy to simulate. Set up a series of alarms that wake you up every 2-3 hours every night and you'll pretty much know what it's like.

    Quote Originally Posted by rutty View Post
    Apology accepted - however in my book anyone who does not suffer from a medical condition ribbing someone whoís life is made misery of having that condition - well I hope they get it! Irrespective of whether itís Nocturia polyuria, cancer, Ms or any other disease for that matter. Then they may understand themselves what itís like to suffer along with the jokers who rib?
    Chill out. This forum is not a "safe space" and that's exactly the reason why most of us post here. Even the most serious medical conditions often create the opportunity for an objectively good joke among friends, and laughing at your own misery is cathartic and healthy, so just thicken your skin a little bit and you'll be fine.

    Also, members with a single post are often bots and the posts that are real people are typically clueless, moronic, wildly off-topic, or all of the above. Yours was none of those and tgapp's post was a genuine compliment.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    6

    Nocturia

    Thanks

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    6
    I came on here because for the 1st time somebody described their suffering as if I had written it (Dantheman)

    There must be other genuine people who suffer like us having to urinate all night large unexplained volumes (Nocturia polyuria) with no real answers or solutions from the medical profession.

    The condition is tiresome, slowly gets worse, causes early death from the onset of other diseases, and Trauma caused by falling over as one goes into old age.

    Iím looking to join people together with this specific condition who have found some successful treatment or improved this the condition somehow?

    I do not believe that there is no cure unless damage to brain or organs have proceeded to far by accident or disease.

    I myself am very fit, and eat a healthy diet, do not drink or smoke - healthy otherwise - this condition however has a massive impact in my general well-being of tiredness and occasional fatigue

    Surely me and Dantheman are not the only two people in the world that have identical symptoms along with ZERO answers from doctors

    Iím here to find others with Nocturia Polyuria thatís all

    Feel free people to copy and paste this across the world on as many forums as possible linking it somehow to me on this site

    Iím looking for a solution I want to be heard by the Global medical profession that is failing us!?

    Please help by spreading the message for we need to be heard and stronger in numbers - we can no longer be ignored

    Much appreciation to those who take this post seriously and for those that mock it - I hope you develop this condition

    Take care people
    Stay safe In this difficult covid 19 time
    Rutty

  7. #57
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    3,177
    Hey, Rutty, just so you are aware this website is primarily a discussion group for skiers, who sometimes also discuss medical issues they are having and other things. So, while it is cool that you seem to have a problem similar to Dan, it is probably unlikely that youíll find a lot of answers here for your problem. Maybe a website devoted solely on medical issues would yield better results.

    Also, these guys are a crusty lot, and tend to give each other shit on a regular basis. Itís expected, and you arenít going to change that.

    You are welcome to post here. Iím just trying to set your expectations appropriately.

    Oh, and by the way, I happen to be wearing Depends myself at the moment, as a result of a recent surgery. They work quite well.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    15,934
    Quote Originally Posted by rutty View Post
    Much appreciation to those who take this post seriously and for those that mock it - I hope you develop this condition
    Chill. The. Fuck. Out.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Park City
    Posts
    4,593

    Nocturia

    Hey, I was not surprised that when I needed neck surgery and my hand was going numb it was enthusiastically pointed out the ďstrangerĒ benefits.

    There is levity in everything. Even rain after a powder day


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    7,360
    Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Hey, Rutty, just so you are aware this website is primarily a discussion group for skiers, who sometimes also discuss medical issues they are having and other things. So, while it is cool that you seem to have a problem similar to Dan, it is probably unlikely that youíll find a lot of answers here for your problem. Maybe a website devoted solely on medical issues would yield better results.

    Also, these guys are a crusty lot, and tend to give each other shit on a regular basis. Itís expected, and you arenít going to change that.

    You are welcome to post here. Iím just trying to set your expectations appropriately.

    Oh, and by the way, I happen to be wearing Depends myself at the moment, as a result of a recent surgery. They work quite well.
    Weirdly gimp central tends to pick up people who find this forum for specific injuries. I think the tibial plateau fracture thread comes up as one of the higher results for example

  11. #61
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Posts
    1

    any luck?

    Hi there, i came across your post and im having the exact same problems! Wondering if you have found anything that has helped??

    I am pretty desperate. I've seen a urologist, physio and a range of doctors. They are all perplexed.

    Thanks mate, any help would be appreciated. Hope you are doing better.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    7,863
    You've come to the right/wrong place ........

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    15,934
    Quote Originally Posted by m5b640 View Post
    Hi there, i came across your post and im having the exact same problems! Wondering if you have found anything that has helped??

    I am pretty desperate. I've seen a urologist, physio and a range of doctors. They are all perplexed.

    Thanks mate, any help would be appreciated. Hope you are doing better.
    I have not. My total doc count to date is six--my GP, an internist, two urologists, a nephrologist and a sleep specialist (outpatient sleep study showed no signs of OSA). The only avenue I haven't fully explored was a suggestion by the fuckstick nephrologist to see an endocrinologist and have a Water Deprivation Test done. The WDT sounded very involved and expensive, and when asked what actionable information could be obtained from said investment of time and money his only response was that they may be able to prescribe thiazide diruetics. If you read up on thiazide it sounds like a cure that is worse than the disease, FTS.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •