Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Insomnia

Last 2 nights had a third of one of my THC muffins and sleep pretty damn good. High THC content seems to knock me out and reduce my need to pee, so I can make it to 5am.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Guy's wife left him after finding what he had stashed in the attic. It's worse than an affair.

"My wife [33/f] found my [37/m] 'pee bottles' and 'cum shirts' in the attic and I swear to god there really is a good explanation but she refuses to speak a single word with me. This is the quintessential case of it’s not what it looks like."
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Wow, that was a thread killing post KQ. Who else is up because the new kitten attacked their feet at 1am? Its ok though, the dogs wanted to go out anyways, but here I am.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

I sleep great, for about five hours.
    Just waiting for the sun to come up, on the longest day, so I can go for a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    I sleep great, for about five hours.
    Just waiting for the sun to come up, on the longest day, so I can go for a ride.
    If you’re an old man that’s about all you can expect on a typical night.

So I did some research on this whole peeing at night thing a while back. What I learned is that if you are even somewhat dehydrated, your body extracts water from the food in your colon for its use and this can continue all night, which can cause you to have pee frequently at night.

If you frontload your water intake and get fully hydrated by about dinner time, the body just passes the poop on through overnight without extracting all the water, which means less night peeing. And you can tell by looking at your poop. If it appears squishy and curved, you're adequately hydrated. But if seems firm, with cracks in it, your body has extracted more of the water from it because it needed it.

Yeah a little gross but it has seemed pretty effective,

Hydrate, melatonin and 5-htp.

Night peeing can also be a sign of enlarged prostate.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Interesting. I definitely frontload my water intake and my shit is usually softer than deepsouthmafia, but I still void >1 liter overnight. With rare exceptions, I haven't gotten more than 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep in over a decade.

Yeah no doubt there's plenty of possibilities but I thought I'd just, um, fling that one in the mix.

Heh. I'm making a new effort to try and solve the issue. Saw an internist last week who is working on referring me to a nephrologist. But, I'm pretty much resigned to the most likely scenario which is that my kidneys are insensitive to ADH and there's fuck all that can be done.

well, dtm, you've always seemed like a man with insensitive kidneys.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

A lot of people suffer from apnea, which can wake you up and then feel like you have to pee

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    So I did some research on this whole peeing at night thing a while back. What I learned is that if you are even somewhat dehydrated, your body extracts water from the food in your colon for its use and this can continue all night, which can cause you to have pee frequently at night.

If you frontload your water intake and get fully hydrated by about dinner time, the body just passes the poop on through overnight without extracting all the water, which means less night peeing. And you can tell by looking at your poop. If it appears squishy and curved, you're adequately hydrated. But if seems firm, with cracks in it, your body has extracted more of the water from it because it needed it.

Yeah a little gross but it has seemed pretty effective,
    so you have to get up in the middle of the night to poop instead of pee?

I guess it depends on what you had for dinner.

There it is!

Iceman’s last post

Bow ye heads for a moment of silence

49,553 posts
    It was a good run.

He will be missed.

Services will be at the Irish pub. Pick the one nearest to you and enjoy a proper Irish wake.
    . . .

Couldn’t have held off for two more days to make it to 50k?

For those unable to catch the necessary Z's, this is a fantastic (And ssomewhat apropos) double-feature:

"Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Had a really nice dinner, but to much wine and here I am. I even took a dump in Iceman's memory.

I tried the water thing and have to admit I slept better and longer. Before I had to pee.

40mg indica gummy.

Problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Yup, your right Harry. I just wake up all fuzzy and it takes a few hours to snap outta it.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Yup, your right Harry. I just wake up all fuzzy and it takes a few hours to snap outta it.
    1:1 vape works for me. Just takes 2-3 puffs. I don't feel any different, I just go to sleep. I don't wake up funny, I'd say it's successful at least 80% of the time. I only need it a few times a month on average.

40mg is way too much, I mean if your burning an 1/8th a day, yeah maybe. Since I stopped burning, 10mg’s before bed and reading for a half hour is all I need to sleep through the night.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Like OG, I find the 1:1 THC to CBD stuff to be most useful as a sleep aid. I take 1:1 RSO 3-4 nights/week and it definitely improves the quality and duration of my sleep.