Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    My sciatic acts up big time now on longer drives (90 min+). It could be my longer legs or just my age. Rented a truck for a few days and notice I didn't have the issue and made me start to re-think my new vehicle. But want to go with a new Outback...conflicted.

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Drove solo 34 straight hours from Vt-Ut. Back was the least of my problems. Lol
    wtf
    was it caffeine or bennies ?
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

Almost two years down the road now and the seats still SUCK!!!

Whats that?!?!?! 2015 Volvo v60. Oh god Im twisting my own arm.

VW Alltrack!!

Subarus fuck up my back like nothing else. I had a 97 Outback and now have a 12 Impreza, and my back hurts every time I drove in them. No problems at all in my 08 Toyota Highlander.

I went to a local shop that specializes in back support products (the "Better Back Store" in Boulder), and when I told them they laughed and said that Subarus keep them in business, everyone has to buy stuff to make their Subaru seats tolerable.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

Except for the ones in my BRZ. They are fantastic! They're probably a Toyota seat though...

I found the seats in my 2010 Outback to be a lot more comfortable than the seats in my 4Runner. I still haven't figured out a seating position that doesn't leave me feeling like an old man who was beaten with a pillowcase full of oranges after I drive for more than an hour.

I've had a lot of Subarus, many models and many years never had seat issues. Dodge grand caravans fuck my back up though.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

I got part way into the thread and was gonna post, Bmw sport seats. And then I realized I already did. I stand by that Statement. Bmw sport seats. /thread. Try it for yourself and see.
    sigless.

It is somewhat likely the seats for an 08+ impreza will go into an 10+ legacy/outback. I have a friend with the same issue, where his wife can't handle the stock outback seats on trips and he asked me about finding something else. The STi tends to get moderately nicer stuff. I'm going to suggest he rent/borrow an impreza and take a trip to see if they are any better.

So there are aftermarket seats from recaro and such that can go in with the correct rails and brackets. The recaro speed and some of their other street/comfort aftermarket stuff is pretty nice and not too racey. But I think fairly expensive. And I don't appear to be able to order recaro through a distributor.

Putting in seats from some other model of car would depend on the brackets and how they mount. You can get a base for about any car, like these:

http://www.plantedtechnology.com/pla...iver-left.html

And here are some 3-series seats on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E46-3-Se...3%7CMake%3ABMW

Looks like flat mounting for the sliders, so you could probably bolt them to the above lower mounts pretty easily. I would just worry about the height they wind up at.

Seats are a very personal thing. My back is totally fucked (spinal stenosis) but I'm comfortable in my 2005 Forester and in my wife's 2009 (now my son's) and 2014. OTOH I had a lot of pain with previous cars--can't remember which, might of been one of the 4Runners or the 93 Legacy Wagon, and no amount of adjusting helped. Problem is, it takes a lot longer than the average test drive to figure out if your seat is compatible with the car's seat. In the case of Suby, it might be that cheap seats are why they work for me. Good seats have lumbar support, but lumbar support puts the wrong curve in my spine.

Whatever seats I would change to would have to be heated. Call it what you will, but they are an essential thing for me.

We have a '17 Outback and have done a couple long day road trips this year. Super happy with the seats compared to prior year outbacks. ymmv

No problem with our '16 Forester seats. Better than the seats in my wife's old Civic.