Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Forums not loading

Are the forums not loading for shit for anyone else?

I'll delete if it's just me or if there's an update going on but I can't get tgrforums to load on firefox on my PC or on 4glte on my iphone for crap. Log in issues too.

Lots of 'transferring ooyala' shit in the lower left corner fwiw.
    I still call it The Jake.

Sumpin is going on. Will ping gurus.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Thanks Tye. For me on Firefox I get a black screen and the forums never load (with the ooyala crap at the bottom).

Thought it might be my network and tried it on the iphone. I get the forums after many, many, minutes of waiting to load and then it says I'm not logged in despite when I click on 'log in' it brings up my general 'tgr main site' bmills profile.

Weird.

i'm back to the old school 'blue', what happened?
    i like it in white, better.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Agreed Buttflake

Something happened last night with our connection to Ooyala. Should be good with that now.

As far as your theme changing, please note that switching the theme using the drop-down box at the bottom of the page will change it only temporary. It maps the theme to a session cookie not attached to your profile. To permanently change the theme for your login, please change the "Forum Skin" in your general settings.

fk white, even when I log in the next page goes back to white and I am not logged in any more.

WTF!!!!!!
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    i'm back to the old school 'blue', what happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromontana View Post
    Agreed Buttflake
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    fk white, even when I log in the next page goes back to white and I am not logged in any more.

WTF!!!!!!
    As Andrew said, changing your forum theme in the dropdown menu will possibly only save the theme for that specific session, so it might not save if you change computers or anything.

However, if you follow Andrew's link to the general settings on the forum side (not in your stash profile), and scroll to the bottom, you'll see the forum theme option come up again (see below screenshot), and if you change your theme there, it will stay so permanently. Sorry for the confusion, didn't realize there was a second way to change your theme either.

"We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

I am having log in issues with chrome. I cannot log in through the forums. If I try to log in and then click on the "the stash" it tells me I am logged in but when I go back to the forums it's gone again and I can't post. It is fine on safari.
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

I'm having similar problems with chrome as klar. Site wants me to log in, so I go to login page, my Uname and psw are already populated, i hit the login button, and I'm taken back to the main page...as a guest. I've tried overwriting my credentials, but same thing happens.

It doesn't help that the iPad app crashes about every 15 minutes either.

Quote Originally Posted by telebobski View Post
    I'm having similar problems with chrome as klar. Site wants me to log in, so I go to login page, my Uname and psw are already populated, i hit the login button, and I'm taken back to the main page...as a guest. I've tried overwriting my credentials, but same thing happens.
    I had the same thing going on with Chrome. For some reason, when I logged out of that page (the one that made it look like I was logged in), it fixed things. Obviously, something's broken with the way the the credentials are passed around between the various pieces that have been cobbled together.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
    I had the same thing going on with Chrome. For some reason, when I logged out of that page (the one that made it look like I was logged in), it fixed things. Obviously, something's broken with the way the the credentials are passed around between the various pieces that have been cobbled together.
    That's exactly what fixed it for me in safari.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Thanks for the idea Cap'n but how the hell do I log out of a site that won't let me log in?

Did I mention the mobile app is a giant fucking POS?

try clearing cookie things

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    try clearing cookie things
    After clearing cache, browsing history and cookies, I can now log in. Thanks.

I cannot log in on chrome. Cleaned the cache history and cookies. Same problem. When I try to log in at the top of the forum page I get a blank screen. When I try to log in by trying to quote a post I get a welcome old goat message which goes away followed by a "no permission page". I can log in from IE.

Can't log in via Safari on the iphone. Using full site. (mobile isn't a viable option for me, sorry)

When I try and log in it takes me to the site-wide log in page then sends me back to the forums where it shows I still haven't logged in.

Cleared cookies and still no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Can't log in via Safari on the iphone. Using full site. (mobile isn't a viable option for me, sorry)

When I try and log in it takes me to the site-wide log in page then sends me back to the forums where it shows I still haven't logged in.

Cleared cookies and still no luck.
    weird. I just logged out and back in again on the full site on the iPhone, worked, but not sure if it helped that i'm still logged in to the mobile version. No way to try and force a log-out?

I'm logging in to the stash, but then it shows I'm logged out of forums. Can't post doodley squat

People still having login issues - have you cleared your cache yet? Want to tackle this today but I know some people's issues have been resolved in the login process by clearing their cache... if you did so and are still having issues, please let me know.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Cleared cache allows me to log in now but is there no more "remember me" box?

I have to log back in every time I navigate away from TGR

Safari on iphone, full site FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Cleared cache allows me to log in now but is there no more "remember me" box?

I have to log back in every time I navigate away from TGR

Safari on iphone, full site FYI.

-Tetongravity.com/community/login (it'll send you to your stash profile I think)
    -Head to the forums from there

Logging in from the main site should save your login across sessions. Workaround for now. let me know if that helps...

This whole stash thing seems unnecessarily complex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Yeah, methinks so too. I sort of get what they're trying to do, and Ryan was helpful in helping me figure out how to upload and post TR's... but, I didn't think shit was broke...
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Yeah, methinks so too. I sort of get what they're trying to do, and Ryan was helpful in helping me figure out how to upload and post TR's... but, I didn't think shit was broke...
    It's basically a lame ass way for tgr to rebrand our "content" as being theirs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........