70 m. Bicolor???

Hi gang,
    In the market, after years away from climbing for a 70 m bicolor rope.m mostly used to TR for my kids, but also, sport routes in Logan canyon and CoR. Maybe some Leavenworth area climbs too.

Anyway, any rec's?

My thoughts, I do not need dry treated as there will be NO ice involved and won't climb in sketchy weather w young boys.

Love bi color ropes.

70 m is often overkill until you need it, and I have several favorites that need it.

Just don't remember paying upwards of mid to high 200s for a rope when I was deep into climbing a decade ago.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
    Me

Very few things that you can buy cost the same now as they did a decade ago. Not sure why people never expect prices to rise over time?

I have a 9.8mm Mammut Tusk and it's an awesome rope, but unfortunately they don't have a bicolor version anymore. Looks like the Eternity 9.8mm has a bicolor version. I also own the Edelweiss Energy ARC 9.5mm and have climbed on the Curve ARC 9.8mm, and both are good budget ropes, but don't handle as well as the Mammut and I suspect they'll die quicker too.

IMO Mammut are the nicest ropes I've used (also owned Beal, Edelweiss, and Petzl, and have climbed on most of the other major brands).

Awesome!!! Always partial to mammut roped as well!

keep an eye on the dynamic and static elongation value of any rope you buy: sub-10 mm cords tend to stretch more than fat ropes when loaded and may not be suitable for TR; it can be a little spooky for a child to drop several feet when they fall of a TR; this situation is increased if there is a little slack in the belay; on the other hand, kids weigh less than adults, that would decrease the elongation in the event of a fall or just loading the rope for a rest; something to keep in mind....
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up" mike tyson

Bipattern or center mark not enough?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

decided to go with a 70m mammut with a center mark. bicolor is a luxury not necessity. Went with the mammut that is made of scraps of other rope fibers. 9.8. comparable to the tusk from what i read.

thanks for all the help gang!

me

BTW: great deal on ropes on SnC right now.

see all the ropes that exist in one spot

I realize this thread is solved already, but for future curious folks, you can see all the 70m options of rope on the market at: weighmyrack DOT com/rope (it lists all the ropes imported to the US and you can filter on 70m and price and bicolor/middlemark).

Sorry for the bad URL, apparently I'm too new to trust with hyperlinks!

It's really not that difficult.

http://weighmyrack.com/rope

Now have somebody help you wipe.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot