Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Saw it last night. Loved it. Mostly because it kept the CGI to a minimum, and it showed. Sure, everything was over the top, it's MAD MAX for fucks sake. But the stunts were believable. The explosions and crashes were realistic. The cars and how the actors moved on them looked good. This has been lost in action flicks in the last 15 years.

Agree with Maddox's review, 100/5 stars.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    bootlickers

this movie was MEH

nothing more than waterworld in the desert

boring

a wild contrarian appears

Quote Originally Posted by groundcontrol323 View Post
    Little bit of a spoiler, but a great honest review. 100 stars

http://thebestpageintheuniverse.net/..._max_hell_yeah
    That dude Maddox is channelling Joe Bob Briggs (albeit hopped up on crystal meth) something fierce...
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

bootlickers

this movie was MEH

nothing more than waterworld in the desert

boring
    Right.... the resident troll has spoken. DD, everyone knows you haven't seen it yet because we all know you haven't left your parent's basement in years. Get back to us after you see it on Netflix. My brain and eyes were totally fried. That movie was totally demented. Only an idiot would compare it to the plodding, overacted Waterworld. How can you compare the visual spectacle and colors of the desert to Waterworld's....nothin' but water. How can you compare those chase sequences with dozens of flaming vehicles to the climax of Waterworld: Dennis Hopper and some dude crashing into each other on a pair of jetskis? Only if you are a moron of a troll like DD who hasn't seen one and can't remember the other. I do think, however, that one could make negative comparisons between Waterworld and Thunderdome. Both wandered out of the grimness of the apocalypse and into some really silly and downright boring places. When Miller made Babe I was thinking...hmmmm, a kid's film about a talking piglet.....small wonder Thunderdome was so stupid. Good thing he got talking pigs out of his system.

Fortunately, with Fury Road, Miller has redeemed himself from the mediocre ending to the first trilogy. Such a technical accomplishment. The editing was some of the most complicated I've ever seen and the action was visually framed for large scale. Clean, long range shots and fluid edits instead of that loathsome shakey-cam technique that tries to suggest action with bad cinematography, short range focus and jumpy edits. This film doesn't fake action, thats for sure. If I could find a fault with it, it would be that the first chase sequence was so crazy that they never really topped it. Which leads to the topic of sequel. There's already talk of a sequel but, imho, where does the director go from here? The climax didn't really top the opening 40 minutes. This film already recycled the best elements from the trilogy. He could make a similar sequel but that would just be repetitive and something with less vehicle mayhem wouldn't measure up as an action film. Add some drama? A fading pop star? A plane full of kids in the desert? Talking pig? What if Max's dog from Road Warrior was replaced with a talking pig!
    Last edited by neckdeep; 05-29-2015 at 02:26 PM.

There's a good torrent on demonoid.

Can you link me dat, yo?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Great article on the post production, with before and afters.

http://www.fxguide.com/featured/a-gr...max-fury-road/

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Great article on the post production, with before and afters.

http://www.fxguide.com/featured/a-gr...max-fury-road/
    Here's a couple more about the editing and FX:

http://vashivisuals.com/the-editing-...max-fury-road/

http://petapixel.com/2015/05/30/befo...max-fury-road/

Mad Max Thunder Road

Dudes this movie was not that great. My 3 friends felt the same way.

Hollywood is a pile of shit

Ya so there was some cool action and some babes but the entire theme and final layout was boring. It's reminiscent of that shit Paul walker movie brick mansions. Same nonstop nonsensical bullshit. Def some low grade b level bullshit. Have I mentioned the entire mad max franchise is HORRIBLE

It was better than the most recent planet of the apes. And there were some great stunts. Lots of hack ideas too.

The music was beyond terrible. The characters were stupid, homogenized and infantile. The guy from bullet town. The guy from gas town. How fucking retarded. That big daddy guy is beyond simple. His whole construct is some cartoon cliche.

How does it entertain you? The shit got so boring by the third act i regret having agreed to go.

Fast and furious for brain dead simpletons that live in the country

5/10
    Last edited by digitaldeath; 06-02-2015 at 08:07 PM.
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by jmars View Post
    What an adrenaline charged film. Good guys, bad guys, explosions, metal twisting, hot chicks, guns and heavy metal....so awesome.
    You should check out transformers 2
    Zone Controller

Dudes this movie was not that great. My 3 friends felt the same way.

Hollywood is a pile of shit

Ya so there was some cool action and some babes but the entire theme and final layout was boring. It's reminiscent of that shit Paul walker movie brick mansions. Same nonstop nonsensical bullshit. Def some low grade b level bullshit. Have I mentioned the entire mad max franchise is HORRIBLE

It was better than the most recent planet of the apes. And there were some great stunts. Lots of hack ideas too.

The music was beyond terrible. The characters were stupid, homogenized and infantile. The guy from bullet town. The guy from gas town. How fucking retarded. That big daddy guy is beyond simple. His whole construct is some cartoon cliche.

How does it entertain you? The shit got so boring by the third act i regret having agreed to go.

Fast and furious for brain dead simpletons that live in the country

5/10
    Agreed. even made my popcorn taste bad!

Mad Max Thunder Road

Quote Originally Posted by Jay P View Post
    a wild contrarian appears
    See page 2 thread jumper.

Neckdeep

you no name bastard, I've seen all the movies. I actually have references on which I judge films.

Your synopsis is trite and melancholy. After trying to crush me you basically admitted the movie sucked and was anticlimactic. Ya the first forty minutes were cool then it totally sucked. Don't worry bro, 80% of the recent movies are like that.
    Last edited by digitaldeath; 06-02-2015 at 08:26 PM.
    Zone Controller

It just struck me, but I don't think anyone swore in the whole movie. Is that possible?

MAD MAX FURY ROAD vs Finn & Jake (ADVENTURE TIME):

http://www.thecityofpyramids.com/blo...adventure-time

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Well, it's pissing off men's rights groups left and right:

http://www.dailydot.com/geek/reviewe...ad-max-sexism/

This was the first movie since The Empire Strikes Back that I actually went to the theater to see twice. Completely over the top insanity and freakiness without ever coming off as forced.