Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Pressure washing cedar will make it look like new in about 1/50 of the time and effort sanding will take.

Plus blasting random shit with a big pressure washer is fun. Sanding is just suck ass boring whether belt or orbital.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Fences are the new toasters.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by SkiJunky05
    Fences are the new toasters.
    It just may end up that way.

new shit has come to light:
    http://www.powerwashnetwork.com/

We know where Phunk will be when he "leaves TGR for the summer"

Quote Originally Posted by phUnk
    Fuck the sanding: Got it. Consider it fucked.

It looks shitty in that the color is off (kind of a weather-beaten, mildew-y grey look) and it's getting kind of splintery.

PS. I am a gerbil rancher.
    Gerbil ranching only requires a fine wire mesh, phUnk.
    The little assrats don't care what color it is.

Its the 21st centery, get a plactic fence and fuggit about it.

PVC, its the new wood

Are you kidding?

Fences are like $5 a gallon!

powerwash the lawn, then you won't have to borrow frizzo's lawnmower

Hey phUnky, be careful. This might happen...

A police officer in Ohio responded to a call that was made to 911. She had no details before arriving except that someone was reporting that his father was not breathing. Upon arrival, the officer found this man face down on the couch, naked. When she rolled him over to check for a pulse and to start CPR if necessary she noticed burn marks around his genitals. After the ambulance arrived and removed the man (who was and still is dead) the police made a closer inspection of the couch and noticed that the man had made a hole between the cushions. After flipping the couch over they discovered what caused his death. Apparently the man would put his penis between the cushions, down into the hole and between 2 ELECTRIC SANDERS (with out the sand paper obviously). According to the story, after he had his orgasm the, ahem, discharge shorted out the sander electrocuting him to death.

...or this...

The man went to the emergency room complaining of problems “down there.” He refused to accept treatment from any of the female nurses. Upon exam, one of the man’s testicles was missing. His scrotum was swollen, somewhere in the range of a basketball, and was oozing... He explained this to the E.R.: He worked at a local factory which had a big drum sander in it. During his lunch, he would masturbate by rubbing his penis against the side of the (operating) sander. About three days prior, he slipped, and his scrotum had come in contact with the sanding belt. The belt ripped one testicle off. The man used an industrial staple gun to try to staple the avulsion closed, then wrapped the entire area with a gauze bandage. X-rays revealed several staples still in the sack. When surgery was performed, the rusting staples were removed. Ouch!
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Question

My question is, what would you do if it was a deck you wanted to renew? Sand, power wash or????
    You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

So I should just buy 600 square feet of cedar fencing every couple years when it starts to look like shit?
    Cheapest option?

"Your fence doesn't look shit, Brian. It looks just great."

I cut that shit yesterday, foo!
    Here's the last time I was in phunk's yard:

Ain't everybody that goes to the trouble of rolling out a deep green shag carpet in the back yard when he has freinds over for a back yard bbq.

That's some healthy looking turf!
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50
    The man used an industrial staple gun to try to staple the avulsion closed, then wrapped the entire area with a gauze bandage. X-rays revealed several staples still in the sack. When surgery was performed, the rusting staples were removed. Ouch!
    Good safety tip. Always use stainless steel staples when stapling your scrotum.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

I hate you all so much.

with your soon to be accented inja skills, thats scary talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Spats
    Here's the last time I was in phunk's yard:
    ... that's also the last time DTM did a shot of Jaeger
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

... oh, and PHunk, better get the model that comes with a camera to take shots of you while your sanding - otherwise you'll never use the damn thang

I can hear Mrs. Phunk now, "ya, he got that brand new sickter, mcrickter sander last year, but he can't get anybody to come take pics of him sanding so he hasn't even taken it outta the box"
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

Switching to all pvc fencing at my place was without a doubt one of the most unmanly and best descisions i have ever made. Worth the money to replace a fence if your gonna be sanding it anyway. Would probably take less time to putup from scratch than to resand all the shit you already have. Just set a sprinkler out to it everymonth or so and you got yourself a new looking fence for many years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Xover
    ... oh, and PHunk, better get the model that comes with a camera to take shots of you while your sanding - otherwise you'll never use the damn thang

I can hear Mrs. Phunk now, "ya, he got that brand new sickter, mcrickter sander last year, but he can't get anybody to come take pics of him sanding so he hasn't even taken it outta the box"
    1. Even Mrs Phunk knows "sickter mcrickter" is a fucking stupid saying.
    2. Got any new material, or you going to stick with the "phUnk won't do X without a photographer present" joke? (Just curious.)

Just checking in here to see how the sanding/powerwashing/general maintenance is going.

Phunk, you should go cash my check if you're looking for ways to procrastinate.

Fess Up, phUnk.
    This shit is all just a prelude to you throwing a barbeque and getting a bunch of handy-maggots over there to be the unwitting laborers in a Tom Sawyer scam.

I've got a pressure washer you can borrow if you need phUnk.

That is all. The end.

see phUnk.
    no need to hate

But you can still hate me.
    That is all.