Thread: JXN to Tahoe?

JXN to Tahoe?

Anybody get any recommendations to cut that drive down beyond the google maps advice of driving through Pocatello to twin falls then down to 80 in Nevada and across?
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    10mph over the speed limit works pretty good.
    This, though keep it down from Twin through Jackpot as there are often speed traps.

The pow skiing is insane here currently, so the drive will be worth it.

Yup that's the route.

Agreed on the route. Also recommend a Valentine One radar detector.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	226 
Size:	162.6 KB 
ID:	166475

I would drive to the airport

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Anybody get any recommendations to cut that drive down beyond the google maps advice of driving through Pocatello to twin falls then down to 80 in Nevada and across?
    Yes. Fly.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Yes. Fly.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Dude, the cost of flying in or out of Jackson in the shoulder season is mind boggling. I saw 1400 to PDX.

got my New Orleans flight next week out of JAC for under $500
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Yeah flying is super expensive and I'm bringing the bike. Hitting downieville tomorrow and hopefully some of the lower shit in south lake over the weekend. Bachelor party. Any strip clubs in south lake? Maybe ride Reno on the way out if we get shit down in south lake.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Prepare for some rain (and maybe a little snow) during your rides...

Bachelor party. Any strip clubs in south lake?
    Strip clubs? Bachelor party in "south lake" = Bunny Ranch. Post pics!

That's the route last time I checked. Second the V1 recommendation, though I picked up a Passport 8500 x50 off ebay for $200, and it works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Bottle service at Vex attracted bachelorette parties when I was at a bachelor party over memorial day weekend 2009. So, if you get the right girls, they're your strippers?
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Good, now that route and pace are figured out, you gentlemen are getting Dundee prepped for the main course, hookers + blow.
    Many thanks gents. Besides skiing powder indoors, will my chance to ride Mr. Toads be fucked by this snow? Looking forward to lapping the corral trail either way.

Many thanks gents. Besides skiing powder indoors, will my chance to ride Mr. Toads be fucked by this snow? Looking forward to lapping the corral trail either way.
    By Saturday evening there could be 6 - 12 inches above 7k feet... so it might. But Tahoe storms have been highly unpredictable the past few years so who the hell knows. It might just rain.

Kied is offline Inconsiderate Tree Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	226 
Size:	162.6 KB 
ID:	166475
    That's some funny shit right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kied View Post
    That's some funny shit right there.
    He missed the left at Albuquerque though.

Yeah flying is super expensive and I'm bringing the bike. Hitting downieville tomorrow and hopefully some of the lower shit in south lake over the weekend. Bachelor party. Any strip clubs in south lake? Maybe ride Reno on the way out if we get shit down in south lake.
    Paging Splat to the white courtesy phone.
    Click. Point. Chute.

I don't like strip clubs anymore. Those women are worse hoes than the hoes at Mustang Ranch or any other brothel.
    At least at Mustang, you cut a deal and blow your load in the hoe. Unfortunately, $40 quickies are a thing of the past.
    Strip clubs - if you blow your load, I guarantee it's gonna leave a wet spot on your pants.
    And you'll prolly spend more at the strip club.

Toads had snow pack on the upper section a few days ago. Monument / Cold Creek has been good. Check the Tamba trail conditions page/FB for updates.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Bottle service at Vex attracted bachelorette parties when I was at a bachelor party over memorial day weekend 2009. So, if you get the right girls, they're your strippers?
    This. If porta strippers are required you best bet is probably importing from Sac.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    This. If porta strippers are required you best bet is probably importing from Sac.
    Funny enough, at that same party, two chicks came back with us from beirut on the beach and other shenanigans at Zephyr. They ended up in the hot tub with like six dudes and the bachelor doing body shots off their tits (he and his bitch wife split after three years). Turns out they actually were strippers from Folsom. Believe they were at that Centerfolds off 50 in Rancho Cordova. They were up for the weekend and basically looking for a place to party and crash, and the enormous VRBO place we got off Pioneer Trail fit the bill. Didn't actually find out they were strippers until one of them visited a buddy in SF later.