Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Yeah, furniture mostly. I need to get back to building shit so I feel like I actually have something to show for my fucking time, and for something to do after work, when otherwise I just wander around drinking too much beer, especially in the winter.

Grizzly stuff is pretty nice. You can certainly spend 3x as much but it works and it is burly.

There are only two things that come to mind on this subject:

1) Filson tin cloth jackets/pants
    2) Winkler knives
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I just drove my buddy back and forth to his first glaucoma operation, and I'm impressed with the results. They say you'll be back to 20-20 when both eyes are done, and it's a pretty common procedure. My next big medical purchase, if a fake knee doesn't happen first.
    What? Glaucoma is increased pressure in the eye, not something you choose to have fixed but something that blinds you if you don’t. Do you mean laser eye correction, implantable lenses or cataracts?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Made from a single hide. They'll fight over it when I'm dead...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200925_084523-01.jpeg 
Views:	216 
Size:	152.4 KB 
ID:	341294
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

beautiful purse

Come on! Don't you see the sturdy stainless hardware? The thick full grain leather? The heavy duty stitching? It's a murse, for fuck's sake, not a purse!
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Come on! Don't you see the sturdy stainless hardware? The thick full grain leather? The heavy duty stitching? It's a murse, for fuck's sake, not a purse!
    No, it's a purse.

Looks like it's full of drugs. Set it on the corner of 9th and 9th at exactly 10am and I will have one of my bag men pick it up.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Can be purchased in Chinatown in NYC behind the secret door within 30 days for $25 dollars.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

They'll fight over it when I'm dead...
    Your daughters?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Think of all the tissues and hard candies that thing must hold.

Does it have a specific pocket for tampons?

Umm... It's a European handbag. Or a satchel, if you prefer. Joy Behar has one.

Post up your husband's collection too plz

Who makes it? My problem with bags like that though is you have to unbuckle three straps and re-buckle them everytime you want something? I'll take a zipper.

Pre-covid my wife commented on how my laptop back was basically my purse, she wasn't wrong.

I fucking love this place!

Just fyi, I popped a couple of floral print throw pillows from my bed into it to take that pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Your daughters?
    lol

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	341324
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    What? Glaucoma is increased pressure in the eye, not something you choose to have fixed but something that blinds you if you don’t. Do you mean laser eye correction, implantable lenses or cataracts?

Whoops, yeah, cataracts.

I've been lusting for a custom made titanium road frame this summer. That thing would outlive the next three plagues.

720 gallon, 4’x6’ bare bottom, peninsula reef tank, with lab grade fish room.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Seems like a reasonable plan. Would you make furniture, or what's your interest? I gather Grizzzly's a good brand? No idea.
    grizzly is a medium quality importer of foreign(China) made power tools. You can find some of the same designs sometimes at harbor freight. The founders a US success story - Indian sub continent born in Kenya, moved to Canada, based in Bellingham for years, champion target shooter.

nice Gladstone bag cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    grizzly is a medium quality importer of foreign(China) made power tools. You can find some of the same designs sometimes at harbor freight. The founders a US success story - Indian sub continent born in Kenya, moved to Canada, based in Bellingham for years, champion target shooter.

nice Gladstone bag cruiser
    What Grizzly tools have been similar to Harbor Freight? I have seen a lot of their lowest level stuff looking very similar to Wen. Their middle and upper range stuff seems nice though. From everything I've seen and read, I wouldn't worry about getting 20-30+ years out of their 1500-2000 band or table saws. I would like a table saw with saw stop like tech though so I'd either pony up or wait for it to go off patent and get knocked off by Grizzly.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    What Grizzly tools have been similar to Harbor Freight? I have seen a lot of their lowest level stuff looking very similar to Wen. Their middle and upper range stuff seems nice though. From everything I've seen and read, I wouldn't worry about getting 20-30+ years out of their 1500-2000 band or table saws. I would like a table saw with saw stop like tech though so I'd either pony up or wait for it to go off patent and get knocked off by Grizzly.
    currently?
    https://www.grizzly.com/products/Gri...al-Lathe/G8688
    https://www.harborfreight.com/7-inch...the-93799.html
    comparison of mini lathes https://littlemachineshop.com/info/m...he_compare.php

I own an oscillating spindle sander that was the same thing - part interchangeable - between HF, Grizzly & Ryobi. I bought a Ryobi used and the Grizzly parts fit perfect. (Easy availability of spare parts is a good reason to buy grizzly)

If you are a homeowner/hobbyist most anything will work. That’s not, necessarily, a bad thing. Not everyone needs a Northfield.
    Last edited by dunfree ; 09-25-2020 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    If you are a homeowner/hobbyist most anything will work. That’s not, necessarily, a bad thing. Not everyone needs a Northfield.
    But every self-important shitstain on this website certainly does.