Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    As a front-pocket wallet person, I'm highly intrigued. Their not-fancy-leather version is on sale for 20 bucks.
    My son has that one, it's nice. Not moosehide and not made in Maine but for 20 bucks it's a bahhhhgain. As they might say in Maine.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    My son has that one, it's nice. Not moosehide and not made in Maine but for 20 bucks it's a bahhhhgain. As they might say in Maine.
    They probably don't say that where it's made, though.

Didn't catch the "imported" part when I looked, thanks. I'll probably sport for the Maine-made upgrade.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Here's some blaspheme. I look at my ski gear purchases as if I expect them to last through the end of my skiing career.. probably another 20 years. Boots may be an exception.. but since I ski less than 15 days a season now and have about a dozen skiable pairs that I like to ski it's possible to get 20 years out of ski days out of the combined quiver as long as the bindings don't blow up. Bindings are mostly Salomon 900 series and some 700-800 all metal, I do have some Look/Rossi pivots on a couple pairs I'm not that sure about.
    I would thing with time and days of use your average ski is new for about 100 days and about dead after 200 days use. I just bought some Lhasa Fats and based on how little pow skiing I get in per season I am thinking those may last 10 years. Everything else is fairly beat after 4-5 years. YRMV.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I bought my Lodge skillet about 22 years ago and it's still going strong. Had to bring it back from rust a couple time after letting it sit in the camping box over the winter. It now serves time in the kitchen. Also have some Le Crueset enameled cast iron and one of those Le Crueset hollow core stainless pans and use the Lodge more than anything.

My buddy just gave me a Secrid wallet for Christmas to upgrade my paperclip that he hated. Seems to be one of those wallets that will last forever. A bit thicker than a paperclip but not bad for front pocket use. Coming from a paperclip, I would never spend $90 on a wallet but I like it so far.

https://secrid.com/en-us/collection/...age-grey-black

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I bought my Lodge skillet about 22 years ago and it's still going strong.]
    It'll be going strong long after they bury your 105 y.o. dead body.

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    It'll be going strong long after they bury your 105 y.o. dead body.
    I switch between AL and cast DOs depending on the trip and meals and my cast dutch was given to me by my buddy's grandpa as he wasn't going to use it anymore. It's got to be going on 70 or 80 years now. For some reason, the food always tastes a little better out of the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    For some reason, the food always tastes a little better out of the cast.
    I hear ya. My theory is that Al's more even heat dispersion comes at a cost. Cast iron hot spots results in some areas cooking differently (e.g., crustiness, caramelization), which introduces a mix of flavors. OTOH, tri-clad skillet even heat is superior for some things, e.g., frying eggs.

We use our Lodge or Le Creuset enameled Dutch ovens several times a week. We don't have kids, gotta plan to whom we'll pass our 200-year life cookware when take the big sleep.

We use our Lodge or Le Creuset enameled Dutch ovens several times a week. We don't have kids, gotta plan to whom we'll pass our 200-year life cookware when take the big sleep.
    Scout troops love using Dutch ovens for car camping and local events. Not so much for a 50 miler though hahaha.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

digitaldeath could use some new-to-him cookware.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Yeah, right, you think Honey and I are gonna write DD into our wills?

Yeah, right, you think Honey and I are gonna write DD into our wills?
    Your status as a loyal soldier is in jeopardy.

Think of all the free stickers DD would leave at your gravesite/ Viking pyre/ urn/ Folger's can....
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    digitaldeath could use some new-to-him cookware.
    Do Le Creuset make gear knobs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I will bequeath DD 40 pounds of boiled meat.

Burning Man tickets go on sale in January.

Bellroy Travel wallet. Bought one in Australia four years ago and don’t travel without it. Especially good if you are in China or any other country where you are expected to always have your passport with you. Takes a day or two to get used to the profile. The pen is awesome for filling out immigration cards when your pack is in the overhead. They thought of everything.

Picked up a Saddleback Leather Company wallet based on a recommendation I read here, and have to say I'm a bit disappointed. I mean, it's a wallet, it isn't worth the trouble to return it, but I was respecting a more refined product for the price. The leather is nice, but the fit/finish quality leave a bit to be desired. I'm hoping it doesn't last as long as they claim their products do, as I would need some sort of justification beyond "I'm sick of it" to replace a wallet, and I could see that happening with this one.

I got the iceman front pocket wallet for Christmas. Really nice, especially for the price, but it's yuge! It's getting better as it wears to my pocket, but I'm reserving the right to go back to my OG clip wallet.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

I've been using the HUMN wallet for years now, it's a front pocket metal thing, rfid blocking: https://humnwallet.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Picked up a Saddleback Leather Company wallet based on a recommendation I read here, and have to say I'm a bit disappointed. I mean, it's a wallet, it isn't worth the trouble to return it, but I was respecting a more refined product for the price. The leather is nice, but the fit/finish quality leave a bit to be desired. I'm hoping it doesn't last as long as they claim their products do, as I would need some sort of justification beyond "I'm sick of it" to replace a wallet, and I could see that happening with this one.
    Really? Jeez, sorry about that, I recommended them. I still like mine and it seems fine as far as fit and finish. My standards might suck. Tell ya what, next time I see you, lunch/drink is on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Really? Jeez, sorry about that, I recommended them. I still like mine and it seems fine as far as fit and finish. My standards might suck. Tell ya what, next time I see you, lunch/drink is on me.
    i'm still loving mine
    the design isn't refined or trendy, just earnest and workmanlike

i got their belt for christmas
    https://saddlebackleather.com/leathe...ick-full-grain
    this is the proper heft for a leather belt
    the thickness feels like something you could hoist an engine with or rescue a companion hanging from a cliff
    probably not appropriate for office formal, but def goes with jeans dressed up or down

I've been meaning to mention my Spyder Venom jacket. Close to a decade old, if not older and it basically looks brand new. Obviously not as water repellent these days, but the outer fabric literally has no wear. Buttons, zippers pocket etc no issues. It's my warmest jacket by far too so besides it being my regular ski jacket for years, it is still my go to for severe weather skiing or any cold weather outings a home.

Too bad I picked the ugliest brown colour when I bought it.

I should probably wait until after I finish my morning coffee to post a scathing wallet review. Don't get me wrong, functionally, it's just fine, it just looks like something you would pick at a truck stop for $8.99.

Could also be that the first thing the lady friend said when she saw it was "why are the edges unfinished, did you get a blem?" The leather also has a bit of a torsional twist to it (i.e. it's a bifold, but when folded, the edges don't align with each other. I do like the RFID reader blocking feature, and that it's a leather interior too.

It definitely feels durable, it just isn't refined looking. And given I'm in a line of work where jeans and muddy boots are de rigueur, I need to class things up any way I can.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    it just looks like something you would pick at a truck stop for $8.99.
    huh, not seeing that at all

simple as it is, it looks like it was made out of real materials by someone who knows what they were doing
    it's substantial in the hand, durable & functional

Name:  8D4DE677-9E49-44A1-A071-2B67183DC782.jpeg
Views: 653
Size:  205.7 KB

Name:  349DEE79-429B-4CA0-8041-D892D2A8917A.jpeg
Views: 636
Size:  158.0 KB

Name:  C28AE070-4EE8-441E-9448-BD5F49B012AE.jpeg
Views: 643
Size:  158.7 KB

This has lasted me years, and it shows no sign of failing. Comfortable too.

https://www.popovleather.com/collect...leather-wallet

Yeah, whatever, my duct tape wallet has lasted 10+ years too. bfd
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda