Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Where can I buy the repossessed tools?
    Possessed ones are usual even cheaper.

Snap-on were 4 times as much $$$ as craftsmen which also have lifetime warranty when I compared prices, but they are the nicest tools to use, sometimes snap-on fit will places other brands don't, also the guy comes to your garage and gives credit
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Yeah. I've had both the young Snap On truck guy and the old Sears guy ask me the same question: how long of a cheater bar did you put on this to break it like that?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    They have the option of buying you out, if the repair cost more than the value of the vehicle. But yeah, I bought one too.
    I'm bullish on the long term value of Wranglers. If they wanna cut me a check for $5,000+ in 10-20 years, it's not the worst thing in the world. I don't think I'd do that with a Jeep Patriot. Worst rental car ever!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VTeton View Post
    I'm bullish on the long term value of Wranglers. If they wanna cut me a check for $5,000+ in 10-20 years, it's not the worst thing in the world. I don't think I'd do that with a Jeep Patriot. Worst rental car ever!!!!
    At that point, you'll be near the top of the bell curve, and it will start being worth more. Just take care of it and have it serviced. My Jeep has god knows how many miles on the OG engine. It is worth roughly twice what I paid for it in 2004, and I haven't put very much into it. Pretty good for a 36 year old vehicle. I have also only put about 10,000 miles on it since 2004.

I'm confused here. Why are we buying durable goods in our old age?

Thought hookers and blow was they preferred MO.

Well if you don't need any more shit you can figure out the hookers and blow budget.

Quote Originally Posted by capulin overdrive View Post
    I'm confused here. Why are we buying durable goods in our old age?

Thought hookers and blow was they preferred MO.
    This way you leave some sort of inheritance after you spend all the cash.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Ice asks for stuff that are end-of-life purchases and the dumbasses here post pictures of their fucking frat boy topsiders. What the Jesus Fucking Hercules Christ.
    This made me laugh. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    This is right up my alley....

Honda element. Maintained properly keep shiny side up it'll last longer than you. Just serviced customers 03 with 443115 on it.
    That's too much to ask for some.
    Last edited by guroo270; 08-25-2015 at 04:48 AM.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

It's a ski forum...

Metal Look Pivots....
    Click. Point. Chute.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexon Phil View Post
    It's a ski forum...

Metal Look Pivots....
    I had an old (15yo) pair of Gezes on my original pair of Bros. Was told last year by the shop guy who tuned my skis that I needed new binders because mine weren't "indemnified" anymore. Besides some surface scratches they're in perfect shape, backed off every summer, that white silicone lube on all pivots and moving parts.... What the literal fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    I had an old (15yo) pair of Gezes on my original pair of Bros. Was told last year by the shop guy who tuned my skis that I needed new binders because mine weren't "indemnified" anymore. Besides some surface scratches they're in perfect shape, backed off every summer, that white silicone lube on all pivots and moving parts.... What the literal fuck.
    Think of all the time and silicone you wasted trying to make them last forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Huck_Schmuck View Post
    . Pu-239 has a half-life of 24,000 years and Pu-241's half-life is 14.4 years. The plutonium isotope with the shortest half-life, 20 minutes, is Pu-233.
    Well that stinks...
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Think of all the time and silicone you wasted trying to make them last forever.
    All 10 minutes total over the years? It takes 5 seconds to back off the springs w/a drill-driver, another 5 seconds to smear on a dab of lube and work it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    ...another 5 seconds to smear on a dab of lube and work it in.
    Quick and dirty...
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    Yeah. I've had both the young Snap On truck guy and the old Sears guy ask me the same question: how long of a cheater bar did you put on this to break it like that?
    lol. Fond memory of a hardware store somewhere selling my buddy and I a 12" Stanley AND a 3' piece of pipe. He replaced the wrench three times in one day before we gave up and brought the problem to a place with a better torch AND air tools.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

In my neck of the woods, that jacket, those boots and of course the maul are prerequisites for entry into the Russian mob

It's funny, but after buying French red burgundy for 20 years, it's becoming an endeavor requiring end-of-life justifications. I'm stockpiling for the b-day party now.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I've always liked the LLBean stuff, but I am from the 80s. I have a river driver shirt i still run in during the winter from Xmas 1986. Guess that's almost 30 years. Love those shirts, but dyam I can find a way to lose them. Had a pair of maine hunting shoes I got in 1979 somebody sole them at wintergreen in 1994. sucked. they were going strong then.

On the mowers. I've push-mowed my acre since I bought it in 1998. I owned one craftsman and it complete piece of shit, fell apart in four years. Had a toro/techmesh and that was the ticket. got 10 solid years of weekly use out of it (fescue in the south, twice a week in spring, every two weeks in our version of winter). then got a toro/kohler and the kohler was a complete piece of shit. replaced the carb three times in two years before giving up. ethanol my ass. now have a troybuilt/B&S and so far so good (two years).
    "Can't you see..."

I suspect this ought to last me the rest of my life. I'll probably end up leaving it to my kids in the will.

http://www.amazon.com/Passion-Natura.../dp/B005MR3IVO

Quote Originally Posted by G View Post
    I suspect this ought to last me the rest of my life. I'll probably end up leaving it to my kids in the will.

http://www.amazon.com/Passion-Natura.../dp/B005MR3IVO
    Q- Is it Kosher?
    A- no it's used for porking

Hilarious...

Quote Originally Posted by Flexon Phil View Post
    It's a ski forum...

Metal Look Pivots....
    R all these yor guitars?
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by assman View Post
    Q- Is it Kosher?
    A- no it's used for porking

Hilarious...
    I would think if anyone could an ASSMAN could use that much.
    watch out for snakes

70 series land cruiser

I've got some stuff that I bought 2 decades plus ago that I don't ever expect to replace.

Gregory pack, a huge pack for long trips
    Cast iron pans (duh)
    Scarpa hiking boots
    1971 Schwinn cruiser
    Fischer waxless xc skis, late 80s vintage
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy