Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    The shoulder strap on my arcterxy bora 40 is coming apart probably cuz of how I shoulder it so i call them and buddy sez its warrantied send it in no problem

Sthil make home owner/rancher and pro saws all of which are orange and indistinguishable unless you know the models but if you ever get them together its obvious which saw is putting out the HP
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I totally understand where Iceman is coming from. In fact, just this week I was thinking the same. I have a heavy duty SS natural gas grill. The regulator was replaced and for some reason flame and temp just kept not putting out the BTU's. I thought after multiple rebuilds it was time to trash it, Until I went shopping for a new one and all the new shit was thin and junky compared to this tank. So $100 later and some elbow grease the old girl is firing like a rolls royce jet motor and cranking out the heat again. Should last me into the forseable future. So with that lesson learned I bought new chainsaw this week and opted for the Stihl MS 261 pro model over the MS 291 which the dealer kept pushing since I wasnt a professional by any means. That being said the overall build quality for $150 more was night and day over the consumer saw and I figure it will last the rest of my wood cutting days, unless some type of lightsaber type chainsaw is invented that weigh 1 lb comes out. Also was waffling on the purchase a Beretta perennial SVIII over under and pulled that trigger too, since why the fuck not. It the wallet was cracked open I might as well buy the last over under also. Figure its a keeper and the kids will want it or at the least get some good $$ out of it. Yup one of the weeks that cost $$ but buying good shit at my age means amortizing it over multiple years and not wanting throw away crap.

Shun Higo Nokami gentleman's knife. As long as it doesn't get lost, I expect it to go a couple generations. Beautiful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    Meadow Skipper can appreciate these. This pair is only 10 years old.

Attachment 166256
    Still have the 25 year old Wesco's as back up boots. Yeah, red.
    My Whites were the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread. Throw them into the incinerator with me when the time comes.

I'm hoping my 4Runner will outlast me - looks like a possibility. It's been perfect and I hate buying vehicles.

My house. My Husky saw. Fucking Voile straps - I've never seen a broken one. My Snap-On tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Slate roof

and my Toyota...275K miles and still going strong.
    After seeing what my parents are going through now with their slate roof, prepare to spend many hours a summer tracing down leaks in a decade or two.

They sure do look nice, and you should be able to sell the slate when you get tired of fixing leaks for probably more than you paid.

You will also hate windstorms and watching money explode on your driveway.
    Live Free or Die

^^^ yeah I wanted to say something about the slate roofs but I didn't want to be "that guy".
    They crack like potato chips when you walk on them.
    Slate is about as durable as cedar, should have gone with metal if you needed something to last 50 years.

Its been on for 2 decades, and I'm still waiting for a leak--what would make it more prone to leaking than any other roof? It's been thru one east coast Cat 1 hurricane (Irene), and many nor'easters that have ripped the asphalt shingles off other homes in the hood. And I walk on it 2X a year to clean the gutters and stuff.

If your parents shingles end up in the driveway its probably because they used the wrong nails (galvanized), and/or crappy PA slate. Both were common during the 30-40's war years.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    I've had the same pair of sorels since I was like 13 and I'm 38 now.
    I bought my Sorel Cariboos in the Avon Walmart in 1991 (still made in Canada then.) Other than the initial waterproofing treatment with some silicone spray and replacing the felt liner last year I've done zero maintenance on them. Still have nearly full treadlife too. Bomber snow boot for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    100 year warranty on everything they sell: www.saddlebackleather.com
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    ...I heard about them a couple years ago and now I remember why I got turned off, the dude's story is so fucking pompous. http://www.saddlebackleather.com/the-story
    I think there was a thread on here about it. I ended up buying their bi-fold wallet back then and it's just starting to break in. Recently got a black leather belt from there too and it will definitely outlast me.

Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    Zwilling chef knife
    You know I used to feel that way too but after 20 years I had to get the fucking tang ground down because the knife no longer rocked to flat. I got a Shun chef's knife a couple years ago and I don't think I'll ever go back to Henckel.

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Every guitar I own will be here after I'm recycled. Any of you folks know where to get a fully warrantied liver?
    Ask David Crosby.

My Norinco Mak 90 AK47. Bought this thing used years ago, could probably leave it in my garage for 80 years and it would still fire perfectly.

Also my stainless steel S&W 357 revolver. That thing is beautiful, bought it used and it will be handed down to my grandchild someday.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1429287032.936256.jpg 
Views:	441 
Size:	984.1 KB 
ID:	166268

Its been on for 2 decades, and I'm still waiting for a leak--what would make it more prone to leaking than any other roof? It's been thru one east coast Cat 1 hurricane (Irene), and many nor'easters that have ripped the asphalt shingles off other homes in the hood. And I walk on it 2X a year to clean the gutters and stuff.

If your parents shingles end up in the driveway its probably because they used the wrong nails (galvanized), and/or crappy PA slate. Both were common during the 30-40's war years.
    Well that is cool and all, you're roof is a outlier and as long as you step on the edges and not the middle of the slate they should not break. Most of the ones I've dealt with must be the crappy PA slate.

Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    ^^^ yeah I wanted to say something about the slate roofs but I didn't want to be "that guy".
    They crack like potato chips when you walk on them.
    Slate is about as durable as cedar, should have gone with metal if you needed something to last 50 years.
    I switched out a composite roof to metal and love the look. It can be a bit loud in the rain (sounds like a downpour when you're inside but step out and you realize it's only a light rain - LOL!). Roof also pops in the afternoon heat after a cool morning. I did end up adding snow brakes to keep from being avalanched. Barn has a metal roof too with a 9/12 pitch - snow comes sliding off that thing like a luge without brakes. Hoping to not have to mess with either roof for the rest of my lifetime.

Is a slate roof loud in the rain?

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    ....... Is a slate roof loud in the rain?
    rain smain it's the damn goats that will drive you crazy

Yeah, there are many 150+ year old slate roofs around Boston. However it is definitely something that needs to be "done right". My knowledge of it is just based on seeing repair costs which are $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Goats on a roof?

Its a noisy as an asphalt roof, maybe a bit less.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

[QUOTE=skiballs;4473810]Every guitar I own will be here after I'm recycled. Any of you folks know where to get a fully warrantied liver?[/QUOT

You can have my liver. It has about 2 years max left but no charge. Throwing up at any given notice and about 20 other side affects also come with it.

This is right up my alley....

Honda element. Maintained properly keep shiny side up it'll last longer than you. Just serviced customers 03 with 443115 on it.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    My Norinco Mak 90 AK47. Bought this thing used years ago, could probably leave it in my garage for 80 years and it would still fire perfectly.

Also my stainless steel S&W 357 revolver. That thing is beautiful, bought it used and it will be handed down to my grandchild someday.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1429287032.936256.jpg 
Views:	441 
Size:	984.1 KB 
ID:	166268
    this

and when you need to end yor life or sumone elses you got wot u need
    watch out for snakes

Old Joe indeed.

I prefer that my many heroic, inspiring and well humorous deeds outlive me.

That and my kids are inheriting my share of a ranch in SoDak.

Something guaranteed to last a lifetime?

Herpes?

This thread is like a single page filler article in outside magazine....
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

You really have money to burn if you are buying $140 wallets.
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    My Whites were the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread. Throw them into the incinerator with me when the time comes.

My whites/wescos lasted ~5 years tops before they were unable to rebuild. That is rebuilding/resoling every 1-2 seasons.

I guess if you never wear them.
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

Quote Originally Posted by char View Post
    My whites/wescos lasted ~5 years tops before they were unable to rebuild. That is rebuilding/resoling every 1-2 seasons.

I guess if you never wear them.
    Heh. Not so much anymore, but back in the day... I've had them rebuilt a number of times. Never gotten them to the point of total loss. Plus I have two pair for rotation.