Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    I have a pair of the 2013?(green topsheet) Bodacious in a 186cm I'm looking to unload. The soft bases have some scratches but no major damage. A base grind would fix alot of it. Got them in the stp summer sale for $190 shipped to my door, so I can be flexible on price to see them go. One mount on the line for 307mm pivot. Thinking $150 flat or $300 with the clamps. Prices include shipping to lower 48.

Pm me if interested. Will happily send pics upon request.

Eta:SOLD
    Last edited by NW_SKIER; 09-23-2017 at 10:12 PM.

Would you guys say you can milk mellow pow turns in the flat cambered metal version? I like to ski hard and fast and live in Tahoe and like a damp ski, but also like to milk mellow pow turns. Looking at either the 13/14 version or last years.

Love that flat camber underfoot.

My other skis are protests 192 flex 4 UL, and carbon katanas, both of which I love very much. They are also my touring skis. The Bodacious will be a resort ski.

I'm 5' 10" 190.

Blizzard Bodacious 15/16

I'm almost your size. 5'9", 185#.

Not sure what version your talking about but I think you mean the OG. I ride those as my inbounds powder ski.

I ride at KW. They do well everywhere in my option. They prefer speed. But you can still muscles around at low speed mellow powder. I find you can even finesse them at slow speeds, but they are more work. Not as easy as a praxis pow board, but they are way narrower.
    The rocker profile really lifts well, I find they are not cumbersome in low angle. I enjoyed skiing them with son on powder days in flow angled terrain and going pretty slow. If you know KW, I mean chairs 7,5,11. They will get down chair 9, but I don't think any ski is fun on that terrain.

I find they really excel once things get a bit cut up, especially in the low angle.

Bumping because it’s the bodacious. Been on the old version awhile and love the ski. Evo had the 16-17 version for peanuts last week so I grabbed a pair. So different. Metal is gone. Tail rocker gone. Tapered. Someone called them Spurred... guess I’ll mount them up and see as it’s finally supposed to really snow.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Just got a pair from evo, got em mounted today and headed to tahoe tomorrow for the first storm in some time.

I will report back, kirkwood forecasted in the 12-18" range overnight tomorrow so should be a solid weekend to test em out with fresh and day after storm conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by 5B View Post
    Bumping because it’s the bodacious. Been on the old version awhile and love the ski. Evo had the 16-17 version for peanuts last week so I grabbed a pair. So different. Metal is gone. Tail rocker gone. Tapered. Someone called them Spurred... guess I’ll mount them up and see as it’s finally supposed to really snow.

I'd love to hear a side by side comparison with the OGs. I picked up the 16/17s from EVO too. I've played around on blue groomers with the kids and then took em to JHMR and Targhee last week. Got to ski em on steep pow, low angle pow, tight trees, bumps and groomers and even did a few small drops. From the reviews of the bodacious I was half expecting to be taken for a ride but found them to be pretty nimble and easy to ski, bringing them from mach loony to a stop in pow bumps takes a little planning but that's kinda to be expected. I felt like I could ski em slow if I had to but had so much fun skiing em fast that going slow just wasn't gonna happen.

Can you post a shot of the tail rocker side by side with the old ones, mine don't have a huge amount of tail rocker but there's certainly some early rise beginning shortly behind the binding. I've also read there's still some remaining metal, there is at least under the binding mount, not sure how far it extends.

Blizzard Bodacious 15/16

So are the 196s much stiffer than the 186s??? Usually i just go with whatever 19x length there is, but i owned the 1st year cochises in 193 which were too much for me as a Daily driver...
    Typically I Ski the Seth 118 when there is soft Snow but want sth new...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by salx View Post
    So are the 196s much stiffer than the 186s??? Usually i just go with whatever 19x length there is, but i owned the 1st year cochises in 193 which were too much for me as a Daily driver...
    Typically I Ski the Seth 118 when there is soft Snow but want sth new...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    Stiffer and longer turning radius. I wanted to get the 196s but was too scared.

Bumping this thread back to the top, mainly because there’s a lack of reviews on this model Bodacious and you can still get em cheap. I’ve got a few more days on these covering everything from steep pow to low angle pow, deep and heavy, wind filled and creamy, light and fluffy, soft groomers, hard groomers, soft bumps, hard bumps, tight trees, steep trees and narrow gullies. So far I haven’t found anything these skis don’t excell at mounted either alpine or tele (boot center for both). Edge hold is fantastic, stability is everything I had hoped for and they do exactly what they are told. These skis will run huge arcs or make quick slarving turns and they are super easy to whip around in tight trees. They are stiff enough to charge and to be able to count on the tail but soft enough to be just a little forgiving.

These skis didn’t get a lot of love, I’m assuming that’s because they used a name that came with certain expectations. That’s not to say this isn’t a great ski, just that it’s not what everyone expected from a ski named Bodacious. I wouldn’t call it a quiver of one ski but it’ll be my 99% of the time (resort time that is) ski. I’m by no means a gear whore so my base of comparison is narrow but I know fun when i’m having it. I’m still keeping my eyes out for the original version as I’d love to be able to compare the two.

Picked up a pair of 186's recently for cheap and took them out in the middle of a 2 foot storm. They were opening some new terrain so it was going to be a mix of cut up, soft groomers, and freshies. I'm pretty light, and tend to like a lighter ski with medium flex in the tips and stiff underfoot. They were pretty locked in on the soft groomers. Cut up and soft bumps were not a problem, hit some icy bumps and thought I was going to die. They were ok in tight spots, once I got used to doing more of a mini jump turn vs. trying to smear them around they were workable. Killed it in wide open untracked powder, no surprise there. I'm on the lighter side and don't ski coastal snow, so I don't like super stiff skis, these are a nice choice for a chargy ski for me. My memory is a bit vague because I sold them years ago, but they seem to remind me of an update to the old 4FRNT EHP's....
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

So 5Beder what'd you think?

Ok, so i picked up a pair of these in 193 earlier this season but haven't had the opportunity to get them out in any real snow until now. Skied them the last two days at Stevens pass and i'm liking them so far. Felt like heavy crud smashers yet still plenty nimble and pivoty.

Question is this: who's mounted them behind the line and preferred them there? In shallower snow and crud they felt completely fine and awesome. In the rediculously deep and just slightly upside down pow on tuesday though they definitely felt prone to tip diving. Even stuffed the tips and somersaulted a few times. These have a fairly narrow tip and a stiff and long tail, so thinking of remounting farther back. Part of all this may be just adjusting from my daily driver ski which is full rocker but with a pretty wide tip (volkl 10eight).

Bought these to partially to just have a big gun powder ski, but also a ski that would plow the frequently wet and upside down glop we get in Washington so the tip dive is concerning. Pretty happy with the ski so far though.

Whattaya all think who've skied these alot? Move mount back?
    Do what you like. Try not to arbitrarily be an ass. -- skizix

the bumps are just better without hooveprints in them. -- lightranger

Quote Originally Posted by HotSchmoo View Post
    Whattaya all think who've skied these alot? Move mount back?
    I skied the 193 2016s for a season-and-a-half in the PNW, with a lot of days at Stevens. Was drawn to the shape, length and build quality. But I actually had a pretty similar experience -- first outing on them was backside of Stevens in pretty upside-down pow and felt like the tips kept diving. I got used to them and that feeling faded, so you might consider giving them a couple more days on the line (especially if it would require a remount) and see if you adapt. Curious if others have skied them back a bit - but it seems like a lot of tip already.

I eventually clicked with them and they were decent pow skis that could rail hard snow and were good for skiing fast in mixed conditions. But for their size, I just didn't find that they floated all that well in lower density snow, and in the higher density snow that's more common here, both the inside and outside tips felt hooky at times. FWIW, I had them mounted with P18s without the toe shims, so I think some slight unwanted ramp angle also played a role in ski feel.

Thanks for the reply pringle ^^^
    I'm not really too concerned with losing firm snow capabilities, so remounting farther back to achieve more tip float seems like the way to go. Gonna definitely give 'em a few more days though.
    They've got plenty of tip rocker so a bit confused as to why they'd be so divey in deeper snow.
    FWIW i can't say that it feels like there's a lot of tip. Quite the opposite and a ton more tail than i'm used to as well. Not unmanageable at all but want more tip float. Perhaps i should've gone with the longer length (think it was available in 196 but maybe only in the older version)?

Mebbe pull a swissiphic and get medieval with a heat gun and add more rocker, hehe?

I'll add that i've been extremely impressed with this ski for fall line charging in skied up crud and chop, so that's not an issue.

Also, haven't detuned the edges whatsoever, although i doubt that'd have any bearing on tip float/dive.

I totally loved that ski- as a side note, i was out at Stevens on Tuesday also, and was surprised how hard it was to float and maintain speed on 187 gpo’s and 191 Lithic Arlo 120’s. Deeply upside down day; i bet you’ll be very stoked most of the time

Gravity always wins...