Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    RES does a ton for float in soft snow. In light weight snow it is no issue. The RES allows the BG to carry speed through heavier and chopped up snow, where the Bodacious will get knocked under.

In heavy pow or tighter terrain: Billy Goat
    In lighter snow: Toss up
    In open steep areas with light snow: 193 Bodacious

The Billy Goat is significantly more slarvy than the Bodacious. If you really like the feel of making conventional turns and carving down the mountain the Bodacious is the way to go. They are both fantastic skis, and easily the best two wider pow skis for aggressive skiers. Keep in mind this is for the 193 Bodacious. I have heard that the 185, with a tighter turn radius, is much quicker and nimble in tight places while still giving a real locked in feel to the ski.
    Last edited by XavierD; 10-12-2015 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    RES does a ton for float in soft snow. In light weight snow it is no issue. The RES allows the BG to carry speed through heavier and chopped up snow, where the Bodacious will get knocked under.

The Billy Goat is significantly more slarvy than the Bodacious.
    Thanks for that comparison, very helpful.

I just pulled the trigger on the last 191 BGs I cound find.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post

The Billy Goat is significantly more slarvy than the Bodacious.
    I guess I should say RES refinements. The 191 protos had RES, but it was refined, no?

To my knowledge, there are several iterations and refinements of RES. the first being on the origional 191 Billy Goat and 193 Cease and Desist.

What RES really allows you to do is move the wider point of the ski forward without risking making the ski catchy. Thus the obvious gain in float.

My quiver this year:
    193 Bodacious P18s: Resort Powder days (Xtal/Whistler)
    189 Billy Goat Beast16: Resort/Sidecountry soft snow ski (Stevens and Whistler)
    Last edited by XavierD; 10-09-2015 at 11:29 AM.

Old Bodaciouls is the way to go, the green one from the previousl two years. They are going to bring that one back in Jan of this year, black top sheet for team guys.

Love this ski, just plows like no other. If anyone knows of another ski like this let me know. To date i have not found anything comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    Old Bodaciouls is the way to go, the green one from the previousl two years.
    Yes, hanging on to my pair.

Some great info here to mull over, well, really all Xavier's first hand experience between the two skis. Probably going with another BG for a ski that will see more touring.

Curious if anyone has mounted these tele in any length?
    Tune and user input are key points to how sticks slide etc.
    Not sure why so many people are intimidated by 196cm skis but like 191-193.
    Have a pair of last years 196's on the way. I think that I am going to start hoarding
    196cm skis.

I know it is no longer made but has anyone in here considered the 192 BD Zealot - the blue and white ones and then the black and blue ones? They are one of my absolute favorites for ripping around snowbird. Can handle Mach dick speeds, trees (with a little work), pow up to ~2 feet, ice, bumps... Basically the whole damn mountain. Do love my 191 BGs with RES for 3D days but I wish someone was still making a Zealot like ski. Haven't found much more on the market like it.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool1080s View Post
    I know it is no longer made but has anyone in here considered the 192 BD Zealot - the blue and white ones and then the black and blue ones? They are one of my absolute favorites for ripping around snowbird. Can handle Mach dick speeds, trees (with a little work), pow up to ~2 feet, ice, bumps... Basically the whole damn mountain. Do love my 191 BGs with RES for 3D days but I wish someone was still making a Zealot like ski. Haven't found much more on the market like it.
    I skied the blue/white 192 Zealot ad really liked them... I now own the 193 Praxis MVP and absolutely love it... Took it to Snowbird for Gordy camp and was absolute perfect except for some fun the tight as trees we ended up in... You should def take a look at them...

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool1080s View Post
    +1
    I love this ski. I horded an extra pair when I got the news BD was going to light weight stuff and abandoning this guy. And definitely 192... I tried the 182 and it did not cut it. 192 was magic.

First day on my 185 bodacious. Mounted at -1.

Short story, they ski like a stiff 5 point ski with a 27m radius aka bloody awesome.

Locked in and rail on the hard, float and smear in the pow. Deflect in the bumps though-very tapered tip.

Sick ski.

And blizzard if you are listening, can you make a zero G in the bodacious shape?

I'd buy the shit out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post
    First day on my 185 bodacious. Mounted at -1.

Short story, they ski like a stiff 5 point ski with a 27m radius aka bloody awesome.

Locked in and rail on the hard, float and smear in the pow. Deflect in the bumps though-very tapered tip.

Sick ski.
    How'd you tune them? They ski a little better with a little more bevel. I 45 everything that has Taper with a file.

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    How'd you tune them? They ski a little better with a little more bevel. I 45 everything that has Taper with a file.
    Yep, will be doing that tomorrow. First outing today so skied as is.

Cheers

Anyone have insight into mounting points for the '16 193 Bodacious? Xavier, are you on the line with yours?

My previous years 196 are on the line and perfect. I know it is a totally different ski, but the blizzard mount point was spot on last time.

Blizzard or Atomic

Hi folks,

please give me a tip. I am 178 cm and 78 kg intermediate-advanced freerider, now I am riding Armada TST, 174 cm,101 under foot. I think I have a good progress and I want to buy something wider and longer for BM riding. I am thinking about Blizzard boadacious 15/16 in 185 cm or Atomic automatic in 186 cm. BB have a big radius and have won most of the test but I think that AA will be a more foregiving skis and more palyful. Could you please give me a tip which one to buy? Which skis are better? Thanks a lot.

I own the OG BB and find it quite easy to ski. I use it as a powder day (or day after) ski in the 196. This ski has metal and is much stiffer than the current model (which is assume is even easier to turn). I'm 5'9", 175#, so about your size. Never been on the AA, so can't offer comparison. The BB is pretty damn easy to turn. It blasts through crud. As long as the snow is 3D, it is killer. If you are looking for a daily driver, it seems a bit wide and rocketed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by m78ecd View Post
    please give me a tip.
    If you are looking for a "playful" and forgiving ski in the 115-120mm class, the Bodacious (any year) and the Automatic 117 are the wrong place to start. JJ 2.0 or Super 7 would be more likely to fit that description.

Are there any changes btw 15/16 and 16/17 model besides graphics? I'm looking forward to the comparo btw the Bodacious and the new Völkl Confession. I'm kinda jerking off to both as a new ride for big days.

Quote Originally Posted by roQer View Post
    Are there any changes btw 15/16 and 16/17 model besides graphics? I'm looking forward to the comparo btw the Bodacious and the new Völkl Confession. I'm kinda jerking off to both as a new ride for big days.
    Supposdly, they are brining back the old bodacious, stiffer, two sheets of metal. Have not been able to get 100% confirmation on that.

Blizzard Bodacious 15/16

Narrower would be sick too. 118 is a pow ski for me and I definitely don't need that much killzone construction for a pow ski.

No changes for next year. Graphics are the same

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Narrower would be sick too. 118 is a pow ski for me and I definitely don't need that much killzone construction for a pow ski.
    I think of it as a pow/day after pow. I ski at KW, where by mid day we have a lot of wide open cut pow. They ski very well in that. It might be a bit over kill for the first half of the day, but are spot on from noon until closing the next.