Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Mayonnaisium
    Posts
    6,948

    NCAA Men's Hockey Championship 2015


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Yuppie Truckee
    Posts
    326

    Friars



    Have to disagree, nice that it is all Hockey East though.
    Twenty-Five Dollars and a six-pack to my name

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    YetiMan
    Posts
    10,774
    who fucking cares. east coast circle jerk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    bozeman
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post

    Have to disagree, nice that it is all Hockey East though.
    Third time in national championship history. Should be an awesome game, especially since it's in Boston. I'm pulling for providence, it would be cool to see them get their first title. Even though I'm still getting over them beating DU out.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Video Bargainville
    Posts
    1,387
    Wow, it really turned around. The last five minutes of this game should be very interesting!

    I'm rooting for Providence, mostly because I can't root for BU.

    EDIT: One minute left, but I thought BU was gonna have the tying goal right there...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Where everything's a dollar
    Posts
    2,503
    The NCAA hockey tournament is a joke. Teams get to play tourney games on their home ice/very close to home against higher seeds? Kinda hard to take it seriously when they do shit like that.
    The Sheriff is near!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Stuck in perpetual Meh
    Posts
    35,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post
    The NCAA hockey tournament is a joke. Teams get to play tourney games on their home ice/very close to home against higher seeds? Kinda hard to take it seriously when they do shit like that.
    Home team lost dude. Great game.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Wa wa..tatic
    Posts
    3,150
    That was a great game.

    Really feel bad for the B.U. goalie, that goal was something that he'll never ever forget or forgive himself for. Not sure how they didnt tie it right there at the end, had an empty net basically (Gillie had no idea where it was?!?) and couldnt put the biscuit in the basket

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Where everything's a dollar
    Posts
    2,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Home team lost dude. Great game.
    Not much you can do about the finals, if you make it and it's your home rink, good for you but no team should get a home game in the regionals. Fucking Providence (RPI rank 15) gets a home game against Miami of Ohio (4 seed/RPI rank 4). BC (RPI rank 11) plays DU (RPI rank 5) at Providence (basically a home game). DU wins but then has to play Providence on their home ice. Now that Providence has won the whole thing is tainted. Play those first 2 games on neutral ice and see what happens.
    The Sheriff is near!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Mayonnaisium
    Posts
    6,948
    Fack.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    bozeman
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post
    Not much you can do about the finals, if you make it and it's your home rink, good for you but no team should get a home game in the regionals. Fucking Providence (RPI rank 15) gets a home game against Miami of Ohio (4 seed/RPI rank 4). BC (RPI rank 11) plays DU (RPI rank 5) at Providence (basically a home game). DU wins but then has to play Providence on their home ice. Now that Providence has won the whole thing is tainted. Play those first 2 games on neutral ice and see what happens.
    It would be extremely difficult to give home ice to higher seeds in regionals. There are 4 regional sites, with number 1 seeds placed as close to home as possible. Not much you can really do, just how it worked out this year. Yeah it sucks, not enough to call the whole tournament a joke. Great game, I feel for BUs goalie big time, I can't begin to understand what that must feel like.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    709

    NCAA Men's Hockey Championship 2015

    2 problems with locations as I see it:
    1) D1 college hockey is only played east of Denver and north of the Mason-Dixon Line so limits the locations playoffs can be played
    2) major locations are chosen to drive revenue. Problem is the UM v UMD game on NH in the first round had less spectators than my sons practice this morning and lower seeds often get a home advantage because they are based near a metro area. Schools like Northern Michigan or bemidji state will never get a home game because of their "rural" nature.

    I'm a North Dakota alum and fan a feel like we got screwed playing BU in Boston even though ND was ranked #1 in the country for most of the new year (the fact that their hobey baker finalist goalie couldn't stop a Mack truck is another story). I also don't have much to argue because they played the opening round about an hour south of the school.

    Feel bad for BU goalie, good deal for the Friars.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    706
    Easter and BU losing. Tough week for the jews.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Yuppie Truckee
    Posts
    326
    I graduated from Providence and still felt bad for the BU goalie. It was nice for PC to get games in Providence but it was not at their home rink. The live boards at the Dunk almost cost them the first game. I thought it was fitting Providence got a home crowd in the 1st 2 rounds after getting hosed in March Madness. They had to play Dayton 40 miles from home and Dayton had the play in game. The logistics and limited host sites played in the Friars favor, doesn't taint the victory at all.
    Twenty-Five Dollars and a six-pack to my name

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    2,889
    Go figure Providence almost ended up having to go to OT with Miami and they win the damn thing. Congrats. I saw BU play earlier this year, thought they'd get it done.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Where everything's a dollar
    Posts
    2,503
    Quote Originally Posted by snowcatCO View Post
    It would be extremely difficult to give home ice to higher seeds in regionals. There are 4 regional sites, with number 1 seeds placed as close to home as possible. Not much you can really do, just how it worked out this year. Yeah it sucks, not enough to call the whole tournament a joke. Great game, I feel for BUs goalie big time, I can't begin to understand what that must feel like.
    NO TEAM should be allowed to play at or near their home rink in the regional rounds. While there may be logistical issues at play the real issue is $$$. The NCAA knows hockey is still a fringe sport and if they bring in 4 teams from outside the area, say Providence, then ticket sales won't be as strong as they would be if they slot Providence/BC. Putting those 2 teams in the Providence regional pretty much guaranteed sell-outs, which means more $$$. Of course, it puts the teams that have to come in from outside the area (both of which have better records and a higher RPI ranking) at a disadvantage but hey, priorities are priorities.

    FWIW, in the NCAA basketball tourney, a team isn't allowed to play on it's "home" court until the final four. But that's a cash machine. The hockey tournament isn't.
    The Sheriff is near!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Stuck in perpetual Meh
    Posts
    35,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post
    NO TEAM should be allowed to play at or near their home rink in the regional rounds.
    Easy answer: All games are played on Southern ice rinks.

    Think of the fans, dood. Logistically it's almost impossible to have college hockey games on rinks NOT near a school that might play in it. These games are scheduled months if not years before the playoff teams have been determined. Same thing happened in March Madness this year with Dayton.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Where everything's a dollar
    Posts
    2,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Easy answer: All games are played on Southern ice rinks.

    Think of the fans, dood. Logistically it's almost impossible to have college hockey games on rinks NOT near a school that might play in it. These games are scheduled months if not years before the playoff teams have been determined. Same thing happened in March Madness this year with Dayton.
    Tipp, the game sites are scheduled in advance, but the teams aren't. If they wanted to do it, they could. And as a fan, I think it sucks that any team should have home ice advantage for no reason other than logistics. To me, that's bullshit.

    And what happened with Dayton? My bracket got blown up so early this year I wasn't paying attention.
    The Sheriff is near!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Duluth
    Posts
    2,663
    We got blown out so we went home. Did they have their big game?
    If the shocker don't rock her, then Dr. Spock her. Dad.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •