Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
    I think someone needs another timeout
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I think someone needs another timeout
    Creepy outing other poster's real names: I am fairly certain that is a ban-able offense under The Roolz.

HEY DUNDEE !
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Edited the post... more will have to fall to the higher-ups.

whoa mbillie1 is a mod now.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    whoa mbillie1 is a mod now.
    More spam control than a mod, but the thread was reported for doxxing and editing the post seemed reasonable to me. Sorry if not. I never even read this forum, just clicked the reported link in the email I got. I don't have any context or opinion on the actual discussion, but someone said "someone's posting my personal info", I saw 2 real names, edited post.

Seems fair to me. Carry on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    More spam control than a mod, but the thread was reported for doxxing and editing the post seemed reasonable to me. Sorry if not. I never even read this forum, just clicked the reported link in the email I got. I don't have any context or opinion on the actual discussion, but someone said "someone's posting my personal info", I saw 2 real names, edited post.
    Now that Creepy Fossil's post has been modified, I can talk openly. Creepy posted both Toast226's real name as well as stuck's real name. Doing that is total bullshit.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    Hammertoe, I have a couple of observations:
    What's a "Tea Party type" and how do you identify one of those "types"? Clothes? Haircut? Shoes? Vernacular?
    Maybe it was their fucking bumper stickers on their fucking PU trucks in the fucking parking lot that gave it away.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Now that Creepy Fossil's post has been modified, I can talk openly. Creepy posted both Toast226's real name as well as stuck's real name. Doing that is total bullshit.
    It is total bullshit and I just spent a decent amount of time deleting a bunch of personal references. I know I missed some and I probably even deleted a random name or two that was relevant to the discussion, outside of creaky's campaign to out them. Apologies if I did so.

Creaky, its DEFCON 1 for god's sake. 5 is lowest state of readiness. Jesus, you're a mess.

Well, I'll let you decide when is a good time to just ban him. Fucking just trying to post some good news and encourage people to respond to the open meeting. And also maybe ride with some people since my friends don't really ride.
    No longer stuck.

Please don't ban croaky...he's the best poster on TGR.

No, he isn't.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Of course I totally forgot about the conference call. Anyone else?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Please don't ban croaky...he's the best poster on TGR.
    You used to live in Missoula, did you ever meet him in person ? I have, he is a total dickbag.

Posting people's real names and photos without permission is fucked up and should result in being banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    You used to live in Missoula, did you ever meet him in person ? I have, he is a total dickbag.

Posting people's real names and photos without permission is fucked up and should result in being banned.
    To be fair, he's not the only person who did that in this thread...
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

^Oh yeah, that was me.

I did that.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

I actually thought it was interesting to figure out who he was IRL. (Assuming that's accurate, which it appeared to be.)

I didn't know that outing somebody was a bannable offense until this thread. It's never been before, and I haven't seen it spelled out anywhere.

Though, if he'd been warned, then fine.

Edit: I should add that I didn't actually see creaky's posts before they were deleted, so I have no idea how outrageous they were. Also, I haven't been followed around the internet with him using my real name, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Edit: I should add that I didn't actually see creaky's posts before they were deleted, so I have no idea how outrageous they were. Also, I haven't been followed around the internet with him using my real name, so there's that.
    I have. I've ridden with him, and drank beer with him. But for some reason, pretty much anything I post on this site brings a tirade from him that, among other things, will sometimes include my real name and reference various other things I do that have absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand. It's not like I go out of my way to remain anonymous, but I'm also not particularly excited about having Creaky's ridiculous blathering popping up when someone googles my name. I don't really care if someone wants to insult me or tell me I'm wrong on the internet - it happens all the time. But Creaky takes that shit to a whole different level.

While Creaky might dabble around the edges of posting something interesting on a rare occasion, it's pretty clear that the guy completely lacks any sort of "off" switch or interior monologue that pipes in and says "perhaps you shouldn't post that on a public forum." 99% of what he writes are just personal attacks, and he's not particularly shy about using real names. If someone thinks that makes him "the best poster on TGR," then I'd say that's a pretty clear indication as to why this site isn't as good as it used to be. Aside from the fact that Creaky's attacks are the same every time, not particularly interesting, and do nothing but derail the conversation, he apparently has some grand delusion that he's actually got something useful to say. He alludes to it often, and I see people take his bait regularly, but I've never actually see him lay out anything substantive. And anytime he gets called on that, he essentially suggests that his knowledge and ideas are too secret and important to be posted on a public forum.

So anyways, fuck that guy.

I was being facetious when I said croaky was the best poster on TGR. Hard to believe that could be lost in translation, but whatever.

And for the record, I have never met him.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I was being facetious when I said croaky was the best poster on TGR. Hard to believe that could be lost in translation, but whatever.

And for the record, I have never met him.
    ha. shit. apparently not posting here for a while means my sarcasm meter has stopped working.

I rode Coyote Coulie, that shit was fun. Wow were there a lot of mosquitoes, though. Also, a potentially dangerous hawk. haha, best warning sign ever. I'll get that off my phone and post it sometime.
    No longer stuck.