Thread: Shasta

Shasta

Shasta 3/30-3/31

after spending the day on Lassen yesterday, new crew members met up at Bunny Flat for the new objective.

Isaac had to return to work, Swanny had to take a sick day due to a wipeout on Lassen.

Myself, LiketoRide , and JimW wold be the players today

JimW all smiles on His first day of the new season

Looks pretty good considering He drove all night to be here

It was HOOOOOOOTTTT. The heat was working on Buffy. The heat was working on us. Buffy was trailing behind, not sure if it was the heat, or our odors.

After Helen Lake Buffy made the call to drop. I had my eye on the Trinity Chutes, Jim had his eye on Thumb Rock Chutes. We arrived at The Thumb at 3:30. I had to say no to dropping this line due to time and energy. I wasnt sure if I could skin back out of the hole due to heat and exhaustion. But they sure looked tasty

That big wet slide didnt add any good feelings about dropping this line in the 80 degree heat either

Trinity Chutes. Someday..........Someday

Shasta is HUGE Here is JimW looking down the Thumb Rock chutes. Mt. Lassen off in the distance

Finally it was time to ride. 5500 feet of corn awaits

JimW

dropping from Thumb Rock

Monday with Mike

Sunday evening everyone had to go home. Except for Me and Mike

we awoke to this view

Monday was no repeat though. Light cloud cover and some wind kept everything above Lake Helen rock hard

Mike skinning up avalanche gulch on a beautiful Monday morning

Monday was no repeat. Because of wind and light clouds the snow above Lake Helen stayed rock hard. We pulled the triggger and enjoyed around 4500 feet of corntopia

Mike

Thanks to all the people who joined up on this trip. Eveyone should go to Shasta at least once

way to make a new season higher up

Thanks Tex, brings back some great memories for me. Cool spot, want to get back bad.
    I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!