Thread: Lassen

Lassen

Had a week off and needed to slide on Snow. Im going to Silverton and haven't had a chance to really test my new Karakoram binding system . I also have a brand new Venture Zelix that hasn't touched snow. Due to the low tide all year in the Sierra this new board had been collecting dust in the garage.
    Started at 5am on the 5 north.

Day One-Saturday -Mount Lassen

Pulled into Redding around 5pm. Still about an hour out to Lassen, just enogh time to get a look at the peak before the sun set. The Peak was looking good, but couldn't tell if it was soft
    Next Morning it looked great

Devastation Area parking lot was the meeting spot. Me, Mike Melton (Swanny) and Isaac Silverman all ready by 8 am

After climbing out of the parking lot for about a half mile on dirt we started skinning. Day was nice, views were great. Really nice to be able to see Shasta to the north

Break time

Climbing

Watching a skier booting up the gut of Lassen Peak. He had about 15 friends. Hes the little dot almost topping out.
    When their not much snow you can expect crowds where there is snow

Mike Climbing Lassen Peak

Isaac climbing Lassen almost there

Me.....top of Lassen. New Venture Zelix and Karakoram Bindings. Shasta in the background
    Doesn't get much better

Isaac Mike and Shasta Top of Lassen

Looking down the main bowl the top was rock hard

Mike riding up top. Note the ice balls rolling down on me

Isaac Ripping down Lassen Peak

Mike

Boys Ripping

Isaac Skatepark style

Isaac warp speed

Nice work Tex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Nice to see snow.

Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by TEXASS View Post
    Mike riding up top. Note the ice balls rolling down on me

This reminds me of skiing Shasta a few years ago. A far from alpine start allowed me to enjoy frozen chicken heads/boilerplate down at least a third of my run. Thanks for the pics Tex, nothing like re-living the psychological trauma.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!