Kied is offline Inconsiderate Tree Killer

Tech bindings that WILL work on V-Werks skis?

Getting back into a BC set up and I'd love to put some Kingpins on a BMC 109 (or Katana), but obviously that's not an option until this fall when they release the Kingpin again. Since there's lots of good deals out there I was wondering if anyone knows which non-Marker tech bindings will fit the mounting plate. It'd be nice to pick something up now, while they're on sale.

Is it a question of the mounting plate being too narrow or too short to accommodate other binding hole patterns? Anyone mounted a Beast on these? FWIW, I've got a 305 BSL.

This ought to answer your question: https://www.wildsnow.com/12762/volkl...strong-enough/

Cheers,
    Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

evo in Seattle had some Kingpins a couple weeks ago. Don't know if they still do.

However, I believe the Beast 16 works as well.

i have 30 days on katanas with dynafit radical ft12, no problems whatsoever, at least 15 of them were resort on firm, really cranking turns.

If you put the bindings over the recommended pattern, you will see that just two front holes fall about 30% outside.

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    This ought to answer your question: https://www.wildsnow.com/12762/volkl...strong-enough/

Cheers,
    Thom
    Boom! That's what I was looking for. Thanks, Thom.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    evo in Seattle had some Kingpins a couple weeks ago. Don't know if they still do.

However, I believe the Beast 16 works as well.
    Thanks, Xavier... looks like they're fresh out. For as much as I want that binding, I'd be suspect of getting on any of the early versions. Might just wait for fall.

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    i have 30 days on katanas with dynafit radical ft12, no problems whatsoever, at least 15 of them were resort on firm, really cranking turns.

If you put the bindings over the recommended pattern, you will see that just two front holes fall about 30% outside.
    Good to know. I've definitely run some questionable hole patterns before, but more recently it spooks the shit out of me. I'm sure they'd be fine, but the possibility of having a binding pull out in a no-fall zone, or way out in the middle nowhere isn't something I'm looking forward to. Might just wait for the Kingpin, go with an Ion, or check out the Beast compatibility. Thanks for the input!