Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    $130 for nonprescription sunglasses?

go on now.
    Your eyes deserve every cent.

I also like an Amber or Amber like lens, which these have. Not a crude, cheap process.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Which sunglasses?

WWSCD?

Attachment 289571
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

go on now.
    Agreed, you can get pretty good quality, iridium coated high UV protection, low distortion lenses for half that, less if you find good condition used.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Agreed, you can get pretty good quality, iridium coated high UV protection, low distortion lenses for half that, less if you find good condition used.
    Well, do tell then, Mr. CR.

Wife bought some $500 sunglasses in MX, she blames it on not understanding the exchange rate.

I hope they were made of cocaine..

go on now.

Eh... one person's "That's worth it to me" is another's "No way would I pay that." It all balances out in the end or something like that.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    There's a pair of the above pictured glasses at the bottom of Lake Chelan.
    yeah I know where there is a white pair of wayfarers at the bottom of tyee lake, the frames alone are not so expensive its the funky Rx with progressive lenses that cost the $$$ but I claim the whole thing on my HCSA which is why I have 5 pairs

https://www.ray-ban.com/canada/en/su...k/805289154587

part of the quiver is a pair of these ^^ folding wayfarers the quality of how they are put together is pretty high

I'm thinking about your long lashes KQ

its always good to leave something to the imagination eh
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

My eyes are my number 1 priority for protection in the sun. I will happily spend the money to get good lenses.

I find that cheaper glasses (under $50) give me a headache after wearing them all day due to small distortions. I don't get that with $1-200 glasses. I luckily haven't had issues losing glasses more than once every couple of years, so I don't mind dropping more money on them. Sales and pro-deals when I can get them help as well.

Currently rocking Smith Chromapop polarized.

I have a pair of Von Zippers that I loved, but the lenses are scratched to shit and VZ doesn't sell replacement lenses. Picked up some replacements from Revant. Polarized lenses for like $35. Going to give those a try. Worth it to maybe save a pair of sunnies that I really like. Anyone have experience with the Revant products?

Which sunglasses?

I had a pair of Oakleys (I bought from phUnk) that I loved and that lasted me 10+ years. I lost them in the ocean, and thus began a vicious cycle of sunglasses calamities. I've yet to hold on to a pair of sunglasses for more than 6 months since then, and that's on the long end. My average is probably 2 months. Over the past few years, I've cycled through endless pairs of freebies and cheapies. Terrible fitting, unstylish plastic turds with terrible optics. I really want a decent pair, but I have no choice but to wait for the cycle to end.

Here’s my current pair. I traded my son some screen time for them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3490.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	250.4 KB 
ID:	289636
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Anyone have experience with the Revant products?

I have two pair of non-prescription Revant lenses, and have mixed feelings about them.

The first pair is their "Elite Adapt Orange Photochromic" which I have in an old pair of wraparounds that I wear on my bike (mtb, not motor). The tint and vlt range is really good for the trails around here where you spend a lot of time in the trees, but when you do get out into the open, your eyes don't melt like they would with a clear or light yellow lens. Overall, I'm pretty happy with them.

The second pair is "Ice Blue Mirror" (can't remember if polarized, but one of the bottom two 'tiers'). The only word I can use to describe the tint is strange. It's beyond rose into the purple/violet region - so much so that when you first put them on it's like wtf? Once your brain adjusts, they're fine, but I wouldn't buy them again.

Another thing is that they're really thin. I think they meet the lowest ANSI rating, but they aren't safety glasses.

I have about a dozen old name brand sunglasses that I got cheap or free because they needed lenses, so I also have some non-prescription Fuse lenses, and they are ANSI safety level, but they're thicker, and the optical clarity isn't quite as good as the Revants.

The best quality non-prescription aftermarket lenses I have are from http://stores.sunglassreplacementlenses.com/

They sell both custom and factory name-brand replacement lenses. Over the years I've bought several pairs of both, and have always been happy.

I also can't hold on to glasses for more than 6 mo to 1 y and fall into the camp of not wanting to dish out more than 100$ per pair because I'm so easily prone to lose them. That being said I've found a good compromise between price and quality with some Sunski glasses that i picked up on a whim from MEC. They range from $40 to $80 depending on the model. They're based out of SF and their marketing is kind of super hip and annoying, but they have pretty good customer service and a solid warranty. I'm on my fourth pair... I trashed the lenses on the first pair and wrote them off. I picked up a second pair and broke the arm, and then realized they had a super good warranty and they replaced them. I then picked up another pair of black ones with pink lenses that I really like. They only warranty them if you damage the frames, not the lenses, but you can order replacement lenses. They also make some of the frames out of recycled plastics so that's cool. So for the two pairs I'm currently rocking, I have sets of replacement lenses so hopefully those should last me a good while.

Prob not as high quality as rayban, smith etc, but I'm not that fussy and they are decent for the price and have some cool styles.

https://www.sunski.com/
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    The best quality non-prescription aftermarket lenses I have are from http://stores.sunglassreplacementlenses.com/

They sell both custom and factory name-brand replacement lenses. Over the years I've bought several pairs of both, and have always been happy.
    it sounds like you don't have a complicated Rx ?

I have a buddy who needs progressives, she can't see shit and when they aren't right she can't see anything, the optometrist fucked up her glasses 3 times and she eventualy got them for free

so when we ski I have to tie a piece of fluorescent flagging tape to the back of my helmet or she can't see me to follow

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Steep n Cheap has some Revos and Vuarnets right now. $65-$100
    Always wanted a pair of Vuarnets, $55! Thank you sir

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    it sounds like you don't have a complicated Rx ?
    Those are all non-Rx.

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    I also can't hold on to glasses for more than 6 mo to 1 y and fall into the camp of not wanting to dish out more than 100$ per pair because I'm so easily prone to lose them. That being said I've found a good compromise between price and quality with some Sunski glasses that i picked up on a whim from MEC. They range from $40 to $80 depending on the model. They're based out of SF and their marketing is kind of super hip and annoying, but they have pretty good customer service and a solid warranty. I'm on my fourth pair... I trashed the lenses on the first pair and wrote them off. I picked up a second pair and broke the arm, and then realized they had a super good warranty and they replaced them. I then picked up another pair of black ones with pink lenses that I really like. They only warranty them if you damage the frames, not the lenses, but you can order replacement lenses. They also make some of the frames out of recycled plastics so that's cool. So for the two pairs I'm currently rocking, I have sets of replacement lenses so hopefully those should last me a good while.

Prob not as high quality as rayban, smith etc, but I'm not that fussy and they are decent for the price and have some cool styles.

https://www.sunski.com/
    I think one of the owners is a mag? Something like that

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I think one of the owners is a mag? Something like that
    Oh yea!? That's fkn cool man.
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Any recommendations on Maui Jims? I've got a free pair coming to me.
    I'm a big fan of Maui Jim. Last year I sent in two pair to Maui Jim for repairs. The frames were trashed, but the glass lenses were in great condition. $150 for both pair with shipping and I've got two new pair and One of them they even replaced the lenses because they chipped the edge during the repair.

I'm partial to their glass lenses and wire frames. The two pair I had repaired are Kahunas with bronze lenses, which apparently are no longer available on their website.

I’ve bought two pairs of frames with rx lenses from zenni.com. Cheap and seems to be working well for me. One has 30% green tint is a festival-wear style. I also have some old cebe glacier glasses and Oakley half jackets, both with rx polarized lenses. I also have some flat light rx orange lenses for the Oakley’s. They’re all great. I wish cebe still made the glasses that I have because the earbows are wearing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Those are all non-Rx.
    Fun fact. If you have some HSA money to burn at the end of your year (or sooner if you change employers) you can totally spend it on prescription eye gear even if you don't normally wear a prescription. They will gladly take your HSA funds and build you shades with the slightest, totally unnecessary prescription. Mrs Jong and I got laid off like a month in to a new company benefits fiscal. We had a $2,500 HSA that we'd only put like $100 in to at that point, but they had to pay the entire $2500 because that's how the work. We went shades shopping. I got two pairs of Oakleys, she got a pair of Gucci and two pairs of RayBans for like $2,000 total cost.

I get 1500 a year for the HCSA but I can only take the unused portion forward one year so use it or lose it so every year in mid december i check my on-line balance to see how much money I have to burn off and I go buy new sunglasses

the staff are kind of amused when I come in to buy another pair of wayfarers while atempting to spend more money while all their other customers are trying to spend less money

" yeah I already got a pair in that color and I still got another few hundred to go so haven't you got some expensive special coatings or sft ? "

i go w ryders eyewear, they fit my fat fucking face. cheap, uva all that bullshit.

i cant have fancy anything, i just break stuff.

Oakley Holbrook fit me the best of anything I've ever had. I can wear them for 8 hrs with zero discomfort
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

holy fuck sunglasses sound just like buying skiboots or runnning shoes

the red ones are faster