Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Going vintage? I still have a pair of these somewhere:
    Holy crap I had those! Forgot all about them (probably block it out on purpose).

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

I stick with what works. Always has always will.

These were my favorite back in the day. Last pair I owned are at the bottom of Lake Chelan

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Rover View Post
    The owners of the sunglass companies literally ARE laughing on their way to the bank
    The owner is laughing all the way to the bank. Luxottica owns/controls about 80% of the worldwide eyewear market. They also own the distribution and retail in many countries (eg. Lenscrafters, Sunglass Hut, etc.) They're a cartel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamespio View Post
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but what is the deal with MJ service? I've a pair of titanium frameless that broke (metal broke, glass has tiny little cracks around screw holes but haven't broken). Anyone know will they fix them? For a charge and if so how much?
    I've broken two pairs of the titanium where they snapped right in half at the nose bridge. First time I'd only had them for a year or so and they just straight-up replaced them. Second time was a few years later and they replaced them but charged me for new lenses that were slightly cracked. I think it was $80 - $120 or something like that. Always solid service from them - they could have just said TS, it's been too long.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    ...and work to a degree in the car (most photo-chrome glasses don't).
    If you ever want to add a pair of Rx sunglasses Drivewear lenses are nice.

http://www.drivewearlens.com

Here you go BmillsSkier and KQ

http://www.glassessbest.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MrsG View Post
    Here you go BmillsSkier and KQ

http://www.glassessbest.com/
    Thanks

Unfortunately I've got something like 5 pair of tortoise shell Wayfarers. Mostly because I'd lose a pair and then find them months after buying new ones. I've finally gotten wise to just keep a pair in each car, the house, and with my keys.

My wife thinks I'm ridiculous.
    I still call it The Jake.

so, if we wanted to buy outside the Luxottica cartel (interesting BTW) how would we do so? What brands do they have yet to acquire?

Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    The owner is laughing all the way to the bank. Luxottica owns/controls about 80% of the worldwide eyewear market. They also own the distribution and retail in many countries (eg. Lenscrafters, Sunglass Hut, etc.) They're a cartel.

Well Luxottica doesn't own Warby Parker, which is a pretty cool newish company. https://www.warbyparker.com/sunglasses/men

The glasses are inexpensive and they'll send you five pairs at a time to try out.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    so, if we wanted to buy outside the Luxottica cartel (interesting BTW) how would we do so? What brands do they have yet to acquire?
    Maui Jim is NOT owned by Luxottica. They do sell their sunglasses in their stores, but are not manufactured by them.

Which sunglasses?

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Going vintage? I still have a pair of these somewhere:
    Can buy those new right now at Vintage Ski World.

I've been using Smith Guide's Choice photochromic polarized for several years. Best I've found. I wear them all day every day for everything.
    Last edited by ~mikey b; 04-08-2015 at 08:26 PM.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    I've been using Smith Guide's Choice photochromic polarized for several years. Best I've found.
    Got a pair of those in heavy rotation. Very good.

I notice neither Smith or Kaenon are made by Luxottica. From Wikipedia:
    The house brands include:[21][22]

Alain Mikli
    Arnette
    Eye Safety Systems (ESS)
    K&L (formerly Killer Loop)
    Oakley
    Oliver Peoples
    Persol
    Ray-Ban
    Sferoflex
    Vogue Eyewear
    The company also makes eyewear under license for designer labels such as:[21][23]

Armani[24]
    Brooks Brothers
    Bulgari
    Burberry
    Chanel
    Coach
    Dolce & Gabbana
    DKNY
    Donna Karan eyewear
    Michael Kors
    Miu Miu
    Polo Ralph Lauren
    Paul Smith Spectacles
    Prada
    Ralph Lauren Purple Label
    Ralph Lauren
    Stella McCartney
    Tiffany & Co.
    Tory Burch
    Versace[25]

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

Probably knock-off's but...

www.shoponline-rb.com
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Safilo picks up a lot of what Luxotica doesn't have and is another big Italian glasses conglomerate. Safilo just moved Smith out of Idaho. I believe Native and Rudy Project are independent. Funny, I have a lot of the old school glasses showing up in this thread. I've always been a Smith guy though. There's a new company called Proof that popped up in Boise, Idaho. I can't comment on the quality of their lenses but the glasses look pretty cool.

http://www.iwantproof.com/

Nicest lenses I've ever had were in a pair of Serengetis.

I had em in my backpack and this drunk naked chick (with GREAT tits) stepped on my bag as she stumbled to my bed...CRUNCH!!!!

I called my dad the next day to tell him the story and he told me "you always have to pay for pussy one way or another"

The man was right
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

"Hey Dad, guess what, I fucked some drunk bitch last night!"

I never had that conversation with my Dad.

Home from college in the summer, I got the instead of staying out all night, why don't you bring your sluts home routine.

First slut home was a screamer, after that, staying out all night was preferred!

Have you had it with your son?

My dad used to come hang out in the college bar that I worked in. Best wingman ever - would walk up to any girl there and introduce her to me, got me laid almost as often as I did on my own. One time I was chatting with some big-haired jewish sorority girl and he tapped me on the shoulder and said "not that one - she's gonna be too expensive." I bailed and my buddy started chatting her up. They began dating and one day she fessed up that she lied about being on the pill and was pregnant. He ended up paying child support for 18 years for a kid he rarely got to see because she moved to Europe where her Dad was stationed in the foreign service.

Like I said: best wingman ever.

Wow. My dad's cool, but that's a whole new level.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Bummer.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

I'm fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Thanks

Unfortunately I've got something like 5 pair of tortoise shell Wayfarers. Mostly because I'd lose a pair and then find them months after buying new ones. I've finally gotten wise to just keep a pair in each car, the house, and with my keys.

My wife thinks I'm ridiculous.
    Nothing fits me better so I get another pair of Wayfarers every december just to use up my HCSA, but I buy different colors/lenses ... I hope to collect the entire catalog
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I used my ski pack as a seat, and snapped an arm off my favourite Julbo Dust sunglasses. My fault obviously, so I called them up to source a replacement part, and they're sending me what I need, free of charge.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Ugh... I need a new pair and have been putting it off. I hate how much they cost. I dunno why but sunglasses are an item that I think should cost less than they do. I'm a Ray Ban person but I've never tried Maui Jim so I can't compare.

Wow... so it's been four years now that I've been needing new sunglasses? Well no time like the present to finally do something about it. Just now ordered some customized Clubmasters from Ray-Ban direct.

Got the green polarized lens with gloss tortoise shell frame. Added engraving on the arms (inside has initials and phone #. Outside has "Namaste" just for fun). Also got the case engraved with initials and #. Very psyched! I REALLY need a quality pair of sun glasses for driving.

Name:  clubmaster.png
Views: 346
Size:  123.5 KB
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism