Anyone tried driving for Uber, Sidecar, Deliv, Amazon, etc??

I need some part time work and I've been told from some reasonably reliable sources you can make decent money driving for these various companies. It doesn't take much to get started (a plus for me) and schedules are entirely what you make them to be.

I don't have much interest in driving people, my car is old and has coffee stains and dog hair on the carpet. I actually think my car is too old to drive for Lyft or Uber anyways, although I could drive my wife's car.
    Looks like SF Bay area there are lots of companies delivering everything from coffee and burritos to amazon packages. You get guaranteed fees per delivery plus tips. You get to expense mileage too. These types of services are not cheap, so it's not like you are delivering a $6.00 pizza to a room full of baked, broke ass freshman.

Anyone tried this?
    Last edited by Tahoe Bromide; 04-05-2015 at 11:01 PM.

I've heard people make +/- $30 an hour and that Uber was interviewing recently in Tahoe.

I had an intern whose job in SF was driving for lyft. He paid for living in the city. He made around $20-25 hr after expenses (gas etc.)
    "People think complaining about conditions makes them sound discerning, like giving nitpick notes on a fine dining experience. In reality it's just like saying "i'm a shitty cook." -MildBill

Liquor.com

A guy I work with drives for Lyft, and hates it. I picked his brain, because I was considering extra work. He said that the busiest nights, people were always running out in front of him, drunk, and it was a straight up nightmare. Uber is definitely higher paying, with stricter vehicle requirements. From what I hear, the money was tits until all these other companies came along.
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"