Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I read it earlier too and thought it was interesting that they're focused on a non outdoor acquisition-

makes it so much harder to play the who-are-they-going-to-buy game!
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    I read it earlier too and thought it was interesting that they're focused on a non outdoor acquisition-

makes it so much harder to play the who-are-they-going-to-buy game!
    I thought that too and wondered who. I mean, Google, for example, invests in cleantech firms and such: http://www.socaltech.com/google_inve...s-0035914.html

Given BD's history and culture, I could maybe see them doing something like that? Or maybe a non-outdoors LED company because the lighting connection creates some good cross-pollination opportunites? No real idea though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    All of the new BD stuff got rave reviews in the various magazines, for what it's worth. Pretty damn expensive though. It can take a few years to gain traction... especially when you're trying to get someone to drop $700 on a jacket.
    I own a handful of their softshells and would recommend them to anyone (if they fit right). They've held up great over the past 2 years and they fit me perfectly (5'11" 150 lbs. in a medium).

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    It looks like really awesome stuff. Hardly see it in CA at all though, honestly. On the rack at a handful of places, and maybe a few times out on the hill or at a trailhead. Don't know what that says. I'd certainly expect to see a lot of it in your hood because it's their home turf.
    What I like about their gear is the utility is very specific. They don't over insulate layers and seemed to really push at performance. Somewhat at the cost of durability, but they have great customer service. Walked in with ripped bibs and the rep said he could patch and give it to me or a coworker while I got a new pair color of choice. Not a tough decision.

These are the bibs, love em.
    http://www.backcountry.com/black-dia...-bib-pant-mens