Page 67 of 89 FirstFirst ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 2203
    I know... Just a little Thursday sarcasm...

[QUOTE=kevino;4926977]I do a lot of touring Spindrift! Prior to this year I hadn't had a ski pass in five years.

Grinch, where do you have the EXPs mounted now? I've skied them one day so far, much more enjoyable than the Atomic Ultimates they replaced.

I went -1 but considering dimple now. Only 2 days on them so far though. Interested to hear other people mounts on them especially in reference to their gpo, protest, yeti, pj mounts

Quote Originally Posted by kevino View Post
    I do a lot of touring Spindrift! Prior to this year I hadn't had a ski pass in five years.
    I probably should have included " "

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    I went -1 but considering dimple now. Only 2 days on them so far though. Interested to hear other people mounts on them especially in reference to their gpo, protest, yeti, pj mounts
    Copy. I've been on the lines with my BC, GPO and Yeti. Very happy with the BC and Yeti mount there, after skiing some JaPow would reconsider the GPO at -1 if/when I get rid of the beasts. I'll let you know once I get out more. Have a couple skimo races coming up...though my probable hypoxic state might not be in the testing frame of mind.

What binding might you change to from the Beasts?

How have you found the beasts to work for you on the GPO's

I have a set of B16s with 135 brakes if you ever decide you want them on the protests ;-)
    Aggressive in my own mind

just skied some 2014 BC customs i got used for the first time today. Mounted my tele binders 104 from tip to boot center. Skied great. So stable and so forgiving. funnest ski i have been on
    it doesnt realli matter as long you as you remember to wake up and go skiing

Quote Originally Posted by LIFEisGNAR View Post
    just skied some 2014 BC customs i got used for the first time today. Mounted my tele binders 104 from tip to boot center. Skied great. So stable and so forgiving. funnest ski i have been on
    rad! I forgot I have skins cut for those BCs - want em? pm me.

Quote Originally Posted by kevino View Post
    Copy. I've been on the lines with my BC, GPO and Yeti. Very happy with the BC and Yeti mount there, after skiing some JaPow would reconsider the GPO at -1 if/when I get rid of the beasts. I'll let you know once I get out more. Have a couple skimo races coming up...though my probable hypoxic state might not be in the testing frame of mind.
    K cool. Be interested to hear more on your exp's. Found I was fine with the yeti at -.5 with my tlt6's or -1with my freedom sl's. .5 is so close to dimple I'm sure dimple would work. -1 on gpo for me, didn't like those on the dimple near as much.

2016 PRAXIS info, mounting and resource guide

I have preferred the GPO mounted behind the line by -2cm on the 192. Its been my daily resort driver the last few seasons. Stock layup stock flex. Skiing alpine mostly now Sugarbowl. Playful charger you have to be on top of. I have other skis for wifey/early season slower pace days.

I re fell in love with my woo 1.0's 196's this last January in truckee. Also mounted behind line by 1.5cm. Loved them for slashy nimble sub knee deep days. Lighter and more pivoty than GPO, easier to hike/break trail. If there was half or mire firm/groomer for back to lift i would take GPO for some sidecut. I rode the woo 1.0 in all but the deepest days when i rode my old bamboo sidewall lotus 138's which will be replaced next season with protest and/or pows.

6'1" 170 late 30's, likes being forward on my shins. Very interested in the q cuz i love overlap and Keiths skis.
    Last edited by xtrmjoe; 02-04-2017 at 02:12 AM.
    Drink to remember not to forget!
    Fourisight Wines

Quote Originally Posted by xtrmjoe View Post
    I have preferred the GPO mounted behind the line by -2cm on the 192. Its been my daily resort driver the last few seasons. Stock layup stock flex. Skiing alpine mostly now Sugarbowl. Playful charger you have to be on top of. I have other skis for wifey/early season slower pace days.

I re fell in love with my woo 1.0's 196's this last January in truckee. Also mounted behind line by 1.5cm. Loved them for slashy nimble sub knee deep days. Lighter and more pivoty than GPO, easier to hike/break trail. If there was half or mire firm/groomer for back to lift i would take GPO for some sidecut. I rode the woo 1.0 in all but the deepest days when i rode my old bamboo sidewall lotus 138's which will be replaced next season with protest and/or pows.

6'1" 170 late 30's, likes being forward on my shins. Very interested in the q cuz i love overlap and kieths skis.
    Guessing you'd really like protests(ez guess). Do you ski the woo inbounds or is that your touring rig?

Tracking number! Hopefully be on them next week.

Quote Originally Posted by wwwllw View Post
    As soon as I saw this I checked my email. No dice yet. Keith said probably Monday.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Quote Originally Posted by wwwllw View Post
    YippieCiao MuthaFuckas!! Me too!!!!
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Fkn Canadian pesos. You guys are killin me. I NEEDZ some Q's too. Maybe skinny q in custom sale? Waiting on shreddy reports

Guessing you'd really like protests(ez guess). Do you ski the woo inbounds or is that your touring rig?
    Have ridden the protest and loved it. My Main ski partner has a set and were same bsl so we have done alternating laps at alpine. Getting older and loosing some weight has me for the first time thinking don't buy the longest stiffest model of a shape. Thinking 187 this summers sale.

I have skied inbounds on the woo 1.0 days at alpine and Sugarbowl. I wanted to get some time on them to dial the feel and detune (which took 3 tries to get right). Have sollyfits on them but have only skinned them once so far. I do love my old dp 120's flex 3 190 bamboo sidewalls for touring.

The woo inbounds is fun! More float, more power than my rp112's ss tech flex 3 190 which rarely come out anymore (turny, ski short, speed limit, now early/late season, wifey/family/level 2 friends, shasta day ski). The woos we're especially good on my first few days of this season trying to get skier strong again. GPO and l138 are a good bit more work in fresh boot top/knee deep pow. Woos so nimble, fun, slarvy. The last few seasons had my days on them limited. Lots of low tide and they were and are still pretty minty condition.

Ill likely be on them again Monday at Sugarbowl.
    Fourisight Wines

Lemme know if anyone wants these custom 189 Rx. maple/ash, #5 flex. Picked up from factory a little over a month ago. Can let go for a good mag deal. PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by xtrmjoe View Post
    Have ridden the protest and loved it. My Main ski partner has a set and were same bsl so we have done alternating laps at alpine. Getting older and loosing some weight has me for the first time thinking don't buy the longest stiffest model of a shape. Thinking 187 this summers sale.

I have skied inbounds on the woo 1.0 days at alpine and Sugarbowl. I wanted to get some time on them to dial the feel and detune (which took 3 tries to get right). Have sollyfits on them but have only skinned them once so far. I do love my old dp 120's flex 3 190 bamboo sidewalls for touring.

The woo inbounds is fun! More float, more power than my rp112's ss tech flex 3 190 which rarely come out anymore (turny, ski short, speed limit, now early/late season, wifey/family/level 2 friends, shasta day ski). The woos we're especially good on my first few days of this season trying to get skier strong again. GPO and l138 are a good bit more work in fresh boot top/knee deep pow. Woos so nimble, fun, slarvy. The last few seasons had my days on them limited. Lots of low tide and they were and are still pretty minty condition.

Ill likely be on them again Monday at Sugarbowl.
    Good beta on the woo. One day I'd like to have a pair. Never thought of them inbounds but they do sound fun there now

Good beta on the woo. One day I'd like to have a pair. Never thought of them inbounds but they do sound fun there now
    Not sure I emphasized prior, I have the 196. There were barely enough of us wanting that length, over the 187, to get the 1.0 woo in 196 made. To me the 196 can do 50/50 in/out of bounds. I still would have bought the 187 if it was the only option but think the shorter size excels more like 10/90 in/out.
    Fourisight Wines

Nothing to add other than my wife LOVED her BC's. I picked them up last year and she ended up getting injured taking her out for the remainder of the season. This past weekend she jump on them for Saturday and Sunday.......straight KILLED it. I was blown away at the enthusiasm and pure enjoyment she got from them on the resort.....it was soft and she is a solid skier, gravities to a smaller turn rather then dropping fall line so that played into it. I now fear she won't ski other skis we own for her. Her technical description was "they are so light and fun, I just want to pop around". Looking forward to uphill travel time with her on them.

Just another example of why to listen to Keith's advice....I questioned him a bunch on this build for her and even thought I bought the wrong ski, then wrong size, then wrong flex......then came full circle thinking ski. In the end I was AGAIN wrong and the shrink we call Keith was right. He did goldilocks me and went medium+ on her build.

She is now asking if we should get her an SND and further asked (I swear on my marriage, which I do enjoy)..."didn't you say Praxis can build a narrower concept, you love that ski".......that's the girl I love!

God bless her, sounds like a keeper

Quote Originally Posted by aevergreene View Post
    Lemme know if anyone wants these custom 189 Rx. maple/ash, #5 flex. Picked up from factory a little over a month ago. Can let go for a good mag deal. PM me.

I wish I was man enough. Someone gonna be very happy.

Haha right on jmars

Oh shit.... Shipping confirmation hit my inbox tonight!
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    Oh shit.... Shipping confirmation hit my inbox tonight!
    Sweet jeezus! Now you can get off the drugs and send em my way, that's a bad road and I will properly dispose of them for you so you can concentrate on the important things in life!