Santa Barbara/Santa Monica area trails?

I'm headed that direction to bike and surf for a few days. I know there's supposed to be some good riding in the area but don't have much for specifics. Any suggestions? Beers on me if anyone wants to meet up and ride. I should be there tomorrow afternoon sometime.

Romero Canyon in Montecito is a good one. It's only about 8 miles, but I think it's got about 3000 feet of climbing, and the descent is really rocky and kinda sketchy and super fun. Or Jesusita in Santa Barbara if you want something short and steep with a great view at the top.
    Last edited by dexterq20; 04-02-2015 at 11:42 AM.

Near the west side of LA, Sullivan Canyon has a nice long fire road climb, a nice view and at least a few decent sections. (caveat - For being in LA.) see: http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-st...7_4520crx.aspx

To add to the above, sycamore canyon in malibu. Go up the fire road for great views of the coast, drop down the single track.

And that completes the list of the only three decent trails in this area of the world. FML.
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Thanks, appreciate it!

Romero canyon sounds like a good time, putting that on the short list.

Santa Barbara has some great trails. Front country are Romero as mentioned, Cold Spring, San Ysidro and Tunnel (roughly in order from less to most technical). From Tunnel you can hit Jesusita. If you like gnarly technical descents Tunnel is the trail for you. All can be shuttled or you can climb up to them. Romero has a great climb that starts up an old road that turns into singletrack. Expect tons of hikers on the weekends. Bring a bell...it is mandatory. In the SB backcountry Santa Cruz trail is highly worth while. You should be able to find maps/gps tracks on most sites, these trails are all well known.

An underrated trail around Santa Barbara - probably because it's kind of in the middle of nowhere, is Camuesa. You have to drive over 154 to get back there, and you need a day pass which you can get for a few bucks. If you're feeling hardcore you can do the full Little Pine climb, or just Camuesa Connector, which is really a fun trail.

Jesusita and Romero are legit, but as mentioned above, make sure to grab one of the bells (there are usually boxes of them available for free courtesy of SBMTV) and use it, especially if it's the weekend. I also recommend knee pads for both! Lots of big rocks with some tough technical sections - some which I have never cleared.

Elings park is a fun little area to ride around too, with nice views right by the ocean.