Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Bump for a good case for two whippets:

Also a good case for double-checking and perhaps locking the toes of tech binders.

I find ski crampons also useful when skinning in slushy corn snow when it's steep. Without them I slide a lot.
    It seems to take less energy to have them on.

I have a video much like meadow skippers, big fan of my whip it, up and down:

Seems like if you need an full ice axe on the down, why attach to a ski pole? Seems the pole would just get in the way and be better on the pack. That was my first thought watching posted vids, but never tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Also a good case for double-checking and perhaps locking the toes of tech binders.
    and for leashes

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    Pole straps is another thread entirely, which perhaps should be started/revisited...
    soooo, old post and haven't checked if there's a new thread about using ski pole handle straps...but, I've been using the g3 and/or voile ski pole handle strap system for the past few seasons and i'll never look back. Touring uphill only, never ski with straps downhill. Super quick to adjust with gloves on, quick release, no binding fabric strap in adjustment plastic bit. Other unforeseen benefit is the slight springiness/shock absorbsion reduces wrist/hand fatigue for hard snow pole plants. Plus, you always have two emergency ski straps literally 'on hand'. Haven't yet tried, but seems like it could work pretty effectively for the top attachment for ice axe and add a few more lower down the grip for redundancy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ski strap pole strap.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	207742
    Last edited by swissiphic; 06-11-2017 at 04:51 PM.
    Master of mediocrity.

Haven't seen this strap system, they seem to use something with Velcro.

Quote Originally Posted by DIYSteve View Post
    and for leashes
    Yeah, someday I'll learn.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    I've been using the g3 and/or voile ski pole handle strap system for the past few seasons and i'll never look back. Touring uphill only, never ski with straps downhill.
    I think that guy in the video I posted is using his straps. FWIW