Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Yeah, Im leaning towards the Ibis, but not ripley. The HDR is slightly over my budget, but has a pretty damn good XT component package. Reviews are pretty good for the HDR, It aint the HD3 but I think it'll still be a significant upgrade for myself.

The HDR is certainly not horrible, just not refined geometry for 27.5 like the the HD3. But you can get a HDR with an XT build for really good price over what they were going for 6 mos ago so I say pull the trigger if you like it.

"Budgets are meant to be broken" seems to be my motto lately.

Considering the price of bikes these days, blowing your budget is pretty much mandatory.

I have a Ripley that started as the special blend package - I swapped out many parts, sold off or reused the takeoffs on other bikes, but kept the X Fusion fork and shock. They're actually quite nice.

I also have a HDR 650b, with the full XT build that's been on clearance sales for awhile - after Active Junky rebate, that bike, complete, was like $3100. Couldn't pass it up.

If I had to keep only one bike, I'd keep the HDR. The Ripley pedals slightly better and climbs slightly better. The HDR is stiffer and descends better - while still climbing just fine. HDR weighs several pounds more, but it doesn't feel heavy while riding.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Yeah, that xt package, on a carbon 650b, is kind of a no brainer. Pulled the trigger. Fucking back order, but whatever.

In other news, I have a Pitch Pro for sale!

the Bronson is badazz

watch out for snakes

Love the name, but a lower end build of the aluminum Bronson, was about the same price as an XT carbon Ibis.

Thanks for all the help y'all! Now if it'll get here right about when all the trails are melting out, that'd be great.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Yeah, that xt package, on a carbon 650b, is kind of a no brainer. Pulled the trigger. Fucking back order, but whatever.

In other news, I have a Pitch Pro for sale!
    If your HDR. happens to come with the Continental Mountain King 2.4 tires, I'd recommend getting a different (smaller) one for the rear. That Continental barely fit - the little rubber hairs were brushing the swingarm. The slightest bit of mud would have locked it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    If your HDR. happens to come with the Continental Mountain King 2.4 tires, I'd recommend getting a different (smaller) one for the rear. That Continental barely fit - the little rubber hairs were brushing the swingarm. The slightest bit of mud would have locked it up.
    As they are building the bike from their parts bin a quick e-mail could get them to change out the 2.4 to something else, possibly.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime