SA Sharkwave lines

Curious if anyone has fished them. I'm guessing a few have.

I usually go for Rio when I need to spin up a new line. They make top notch products IMO. Last wknd I was chatting in a fly shop and was convinced to cast a 5wt Sharkwave ultimate trout taper on dry land. Pretty damn nice feeling line. I've steered clear of their sharkskin lines so far. Just don't like the feel of em but this was much smoother in hand and through the guides.

Anyone like or dislike these lines in their trout tapers?

Yeah, I intensely dislike the fact that line companies are trying to get into the premium brand market by charging $100 for line. I'm pretty sure changing line coatings doesn't raise production costs $30 but each time a new generation of line coatings comes out, bam the price shoots up big. The price of top end waders, rods and reels has crept up but the price of top end lines has doubled over the last decade. Ridiculous. They aren't twice as good, They don't last twice as long. They won't make you cast twice as far.

Holy shit! $100 for a line? I didn't look at the price. That's ridiculous.

Whats the alternative for someone who isn't the best caster in the world and just wants something functional?
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

RIO Gold is hard to beat.

gulp
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Curious if anyone has fished them. I'm guessing a few have.

I usually go for Rio when I need to spin up a new line. They make top notch products IMO. Last wknd I was chatting in a fly shop and was convinced to cast a 5wt Sharkwave ultimate trout taper on dry land. Pretty damn nice feeling line. I've steered clear of their sharkskin lines so far. Just don't like the feel of em but this was much smoother in hand and through the guides.

Anyone like or dislike these lines in their trout tapers?
    Do you use or trust anything else from SA? Yeah, me neither.

never tried the sharkwave

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    Do you use or trust anything else from SA? Yeah, me neither.

never tried the sharkwave
    Haven't had an SA line in many years. Not because I don't trust the company, (I don't have feelings either way), I just like Rio lines. Big fan of the Gold and others. No reason for me to switch but thought the Sharkwave was at least a slight improvement over the sharkskin.

I have last generations sharkskin on both my 5 and 6 weight reels. I actually really like it other than the constant need to clean it. I got a deal on it though, no way I'd fork out a c note for it.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

i have the sharkwave "ultimate trout", got it on promotive. its ok, floats well but does need to be cleaned regularly. im probably going back to rio for my next line though.
    Last edited by YoungManofTheMountain; 03-21-2015 at 09:41 AM.

Glad I found this thread. I'm getting ready to replace the line for the first time on my 5wt ('m guessing when the line has knicks in it and doesn't float, yes I clean it, it's probably time to replace?) , going with RIO, but anyone know what's with the InTouch series vs the 'standard' Gold? Is it actually "ultra-low stretch", etc?

I fish weekly, mainly dries and nymphing. Don't use a lot of streamers.

Intouch lines stretch at 6% vs 30% with a standard core, its def more sensitive, and if you fish a lot you'll notice a difference, especially when nymphing.

It casts pretty well, but I'm not all that comfy with the tapered, FLAT sections in the InTouch vs standard GOLD, which isn't sold at closest store(LLBeano). Think I'd like to go online and grab the standard GOLD taper. May not be all that much difference...but seems like the InTouch is tapered for split-shot, droppered...with a lot of useless flatness at its end...= just my older school showing...

It's the exact same taper...