Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    Dig the DC jersey.

A road entry

Forgetful goes for a bike* ride from Weston Center, gets 64 miles while frequently losing a route ridden way more than 50 times all those years ago. Oh, Long Hill Road would be more accurately named Long Hills Road. Anyway Nashoba Winery is still right where I expected it to be...just a way point in my fuzzy memory, I did not stop in even though I passed it going outbound (@6.3mph) and again inbound (@37.7mph). (4hrs 44min to go 64 for 13.5 mph avg.)

* '13 Secteur Sport Disc, all stock with speedplay pedals.

Speaking of pedals....seems like some of the plate screws worked loose and I had trouble disengaging a cleat. Then when remounting, the cleat would not engage...shoe off to see, took a few seconds to spot the issue (spring out of its seat) and a minute to fix it.
    Last edited by robrox; 06-14-2015 at 04:46 PM.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Here's the VT MTB beta - it's no longer dry in the woods.

The VT road bike beta - the hills seem steeper and longer this year.

Nice weekend for riding.

Oh and don't make yourself a 'recovery drink' from a quart of Ben and Jerry's and a quart of milk.

#ifeellikeimgonnapuke

Maine is dialed right now. Small pockets of wet but the woods are beautiful.

Falmouth riding exceptionally well, minus my inability to climb.

Looking to head up to Sugarloaf in the next week to do some exploring

NY NICA finals yesterday and my daughter finished the season 1st overall for Sophomore Girls

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    NY NICA finals yesterday and my daughter finished the season 1st overall for Sophomore Girls
    FKNA thats awesome.

Rode STAB yesterday, super fun. Got lost a bunch and probably could have done some better loops but Ill go back.

Last edited by Tuckerman; 06-15-2015 at 06:48 AM.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

That's cool GL!

I tried to get on my bike this past weekend and after a 2 min rip in the yard climbing stone stairs and lifting onto a ten inch deck and off...my ribs said no f'n way old man. I'm 3 weeks in and I guess I have 3 more to go...or so.

Stationary biking is soo f'n boring...

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    That's cool GL!

I tried to get on my bike this past weekend and after a 2 min rip in the yard climbing stone stairs and lifting onto a ten inch deck and off...my ribs said no f'n way old man. I'm 3 weeks in and I guess I have 3 more to go...or so.

Stationary biking is soo f'n boring...
    Even great flix on the HD cannot make us forget we are pedaling that thing nowhere but into a sweat puddle! Heal fast!

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Anyone racing the enduro at Attitash on 6/28? Any beta on what the course layout is like?

Roll call: Killington on Sat July 4th. I'll be pedaling hot laps on the lower mountain with the wife and then heckling Anospa at the Enduro. Should have some beer in the car and will be practicing safe spectating if anyone's up.

Heading to the seacoast a few times in the next week to visit family. (specifically, Kittery) Anyone have thoughts on where to ride? I know Fort Rock is in Exeter and Aggy is also right there. It'd be cool to keep it under 30 minutes of travel. Many thanks!

Great Book ride today. Just a couple of hours. Very pleasant under the shade of trees...the roots of which did their best to warm things up a bit.

Road ride: Hill repeats, not puke hard, but the 8 mile spin after sure helped.

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    Heading to the seacoast a few times in the next week to visit family. (specifically, Kittery) Anyone have thoughts on where to ride? I know Fort Rock is in Exeter and Aggy is also right there. It'd be cool to keep it under 30 minutes of travel. Many thanks!
    The two you mentioned and Stratham Hill park.

Aggy is pretty fun, but they are dog natzis.
    Fort Rock is pretty techy and some flow. Two new trails that I haven't ridden yet are supposedly really good.
    SHP is pretty flowy and fun.

My current wife is running the catamount ultra this weekend. That means Ill be ride my bike somewhere around Stowe? Anyone around on the 27th or anyone point me in a direction of good bike riding?
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

^^ You've said that twice now. How many wives have you had and from the way you say it it's like you're planning on having more. Kinda weird...

Just the one so far. Im still kind of young.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    ^^ You've said that twice now. How many wives have you had and from the way you say it it's like you're planning on having more. Kinda weird...
    Yeah Tuck...strange way to put it. I'm sure your wife would be psyched to read it that way also

If there are any Boston/MetroWest guys here who want to ride on weeknights or weekend mornings I am getting out a lot lately and always looking for someone to ride with. I usually ride Needham Town Forest and Land Locked and less frequently Vietnam, Hale/SK, Foxboro and Sutton.

It seems I have been riding slow on my MTB for a reason. The rear caliper was missing its Guide pin and the brakes were rubbing all the time. After getting my disc brake caliper serviced @BelmotWheelworks my bike is ready to go.

Monday, I found a downed Oak right accross the fire road used to access dozens of ST and DT lines in the Fells. The inevitable by-pass was already trampling Solomon Seal, Lady Slipper, Trillium and the like.

Yesterday after work I went in to deal with it. Oak is tough, so only 2 cuts in just over two hours, 22" and 20". The result was clearing 12 feet of fallen log, enough for a 4x4 firetruck to get through. Another section remains, but that will wait for my next upper-body workout day.

There's a 51 seconds "after" vid..I'll post it sometime tonight
    Last edited by robrox; 07-01-2015 at 06:46 PM.

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    Quote Originally Posted by skibumnh View Post
    If there are any Boston/MetroWest guys here who want to ride on weeknights or weekend mornings I am getting out a lot lately and always looking for someone to ride with. I usually ride Needham Town Forest and Land Locked and less frequently Vietnam, Hale/SK, Foxboro and Sutton.
    I'll hit you up when I get back from CO. I live in east Cambridge and ride all over.

Anyone ride Killington? Going to be there tomorrow using a free ticket and then looking for a place to tent, any suggestions? Can crash in the back of the truck if necessary but would rather relax if possible.

thanks and sorry short notice

If anybody needs a new mt bike my shop is doing everything in stock over $1500 for 30% off until Sunday. Who needs a fat bike If you're into that weirdo skinny tired, drop bar shit we have some pretty good carbon deals too.

Quote Originally Posted by BC_ski_BC View Post
    Anyone ride Killington? Going to be there tomorrow using a free ticket and then looking for a place to tent, any suggestions? Can crash in the back of the truck if necessary but would rather relax if possible.

thanks and sorry short notice
    Your timing is good- the ESC races are at Killington this weekend and they're allowing camping in the K1 parking lot. You will be surrounded by Enduro-ing kooks, but it should be a pretty fun scene.