Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19
    What a killer weekend for the fatty! Woohoo! The new snow today is perfect blower and should set up well for the coming week. Single track tech is riding perfectly even without studs.

Dog got a little swampy

Then this happened...pisssed!

My bike a little pissed too probably.

Barely any snow but some dustings here. Lots of rain, and warm/cold/warm/cold. Riding has been hit or miss.

Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

It's at it's max point for me and the fat bike. I broke trail on a fair amount of my lunchtime single track today. Thankfully the steeper climbs are in pine forested areas, so it is protected somewhat from snow and doable. Only stuck once or twice and with a track set it will be fun.

No real drifting from the heavy winds except for one line on the edge of the woods...and it wasn't too bad.

The big melt is on and we are a muddy mess. Bring back the cold temps!

Yup muddy nastiness, we didn't even drop below freezing last night. It is supposed to get cold again tonight but that's just gonna turn everything to a sheet of ice = useless

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Yup muddy nastiness, we didn't even drop below freezing last night. It is supposed to get cold again tonight but that's just gonna turn everything to a sheet of ice = useless
    Yeah, we didn't freeze last night either and the extended forecast looks warm. Once all the snow is gone, it will dry up a little in spots. At least the fatty is good on the wet and my trails are pretty much 'personal', so with that combination erosion isn't much of an issue.

I go to places with very low traffic and really mature trails when it's like this so I don't ruin much especially with the fatty. Supposed to go down to the teens tonight and that spot barely got any snow the other day so should be mostly dry and firm after two melt days.

Scrub, want to meet for a chilly ride in the morning?

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post

Scrub, want to meet for a chilly ride in the morning?
    Heh. Riiiiiight.

Early morning rides and me don't mix well. Particularly in the winter.

Disturbs my torpor.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Yesterday was a mixed bag of snow, dirt, and ice. Some of my old north facing tracks were rutted white ice...which is not fun!

As much as I don't want to drop the $$ for studs, yesterday has pushed me closer to buying a set. Then looking at the long range forecast, we are going to be above freezing every day. Might be back to all dirt soon.

60 degrees, but N and NE aspects holding snow

Still haven't jumped on the fat bike train but, seeing as the state of affairs in New England skiing are what they are, it might be time.

Is there anywhere within a few hours of Portland riding dry without snow?

The seacoast of NH is damn close now and that would include Aggy. It will be wet after this rain event today, but the south facing stuff was already dry, so I see it being good to in a day or two. I'm putting the fatty away until it snows again.

Thanks. Considering a drive to Willowdale or somewhere like that this weekend.

Was looking around yesterday thinking Vietnam may be back in...

Will check back in once the rain is done and dried

Just got a report on Aggy from Rog and still significant snow on north facing slopes this AM.

Holy muck and mire batkidz. We are getting a metric shitton of rain today. On top of frozen ground this is gonna make a mess.

On another note, do you think it's time for the '16 thread to start?

Well, I was able pick up where I had left off with one of my new trails yesterday as all the snow was gone. Looks like it will be quite some time before I get back to it again now. Dumping here. Good for the fatty.

Meanwhile in north-central VT, glacier conditions abound. Studded tires mandatory.

Awesome riding this past weekend. Breaking trail was fun...right on the edge of being too deep...perfect! More snow today!