Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    So bike park season is officially upon us. Time to get rad with heavy bikes. Creek had a pretty solid opening day, although the line was as long as I've ever seen it...still went faster than highland on a semi busy weekend though. Conditions were dry and dusty which meant for fast and fun jump lines but alpine/indy etc were a little sketchy. The trail crue did a killer jobs on the jumps, they were as poppy as I've ever seen them...probably a little too good. A number of people (myself included) overshot the shit out of some of the bigger upper dominion jumps...guess that means its time to make them bigger.

New season meant some new fun though. I sacked up and hit pipeline on my buddies crappy hardtail. Later I went in and nailed the stigmata roller for the first time in a while...for some reason I just never ride that trail...but god damn is it fun. I'll throw up a screen grab or two later.
    I wear crocs for the style, not the comfort.

New spot in Danbury, Farrington Woods, is pretty good. I stopped there today because I was passing by and had the bikes on the car. The entrance is literally right at exit 1/I84 right on the NY line. There's a couple mile climb loop and a rolley polley loop along the lake right now and apparently there's more to come. There are also some beater old dirt roads that wind up into the hills that make for quick ascents/descents to add some distance. This is a perfect spot to stop and break up a road trip.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    New spot in Danbury, Farrington Woods, is pretty good. I stopped there today because I was passing by and had the bikes on the car. The entrance is literally right at exit 1/I84 right on the NY line. There's a couple mile climb loop and a rolley polley loop along the lake right now and apparently there's more to come. There are also some beater old dirt roads that wind up into the hills that make for quick ascents/descents to add some distance. This is a perfect spot to stop and break up a road trip.
    Yes. Much more being planned to build, and the potential of that big chunk of land/vert on the NY side of it is pretty damn huge! Nice to have another spot so close, even if small at the moment. Takes about 20 minutes to pedal there from my house.

Wilton Woods, Farrington, Huntington, Waldo, Pine/Hemlock/Bennetts/Wooster, Kettletown, Haviland, Mine Hill and Ninham all within a half hour drive of me is a pretty happy thing!
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Folks, been back on the east coast a few months now and looking for places to ride around Boston. Spent 5 years in Burlington riding the Fellowship and Stowe trails and just left an 8 month stint in SLC. Used to really enjoy Hinesburg Town Forest, Kimmer, Perry Hill and the such. Anyways looking for some local input. I used to ride out in the Holyoke area years ago also.

Me:
    Dont mind pedaling and clymbing as long as its worth a decent descent, XC is all good too, just no slow moseying through the trees . Enjoyed the few times I lift served at Sugarbush as wellas got the VMBA membership and would like to use the benefits eventually.

Specifics:
    Whats up with Lynn? Im in Somerville so not too hard to get too.
    How busy is Highland on a weekend? Better in the morning or afternoon for 4ish hours?
    Southern NH riding within an hour??

Any input or someone who would like to show me around some spots would be greatly appreciated. Looks like a beautiful weekend to get out.

Also Spaming, Im selling my Trance if anyone is interested or would like to test drive

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...Trance-SX-27-5

Quote Originally Posted by BC_ski_BC View Post
    Specifics:
    You can find the maps here: http://www.dieselbikes.com/trails/lyw/lyw_maps.htm

The north side is where all the techy stuff and real twisty single track is. Sound side is more mellow with easy double track roads intersected by some fun single track shots.

There is a lot of riding on and over rocks to be had in the North end, as tech as you wanna get. You can YouTube Lynn Woods for an idea of what's in there.

Parking for the north side is behind the Jeep dealer on RT 1. No signs until you get back there, but there is a small gravel lot with picnic table and chairs tucked up against the woods.

I like to pedal up the road and start in the PowerLines, then exit through playground back to the car.. but plenty of people start with the climb directly behind the lot.

I would offer to show you around, but I'm slow as fuck..

Willowdale and Land Locked Forest are worth looking into for more flowy single track stuff within a reasonable drive from Somerville

Any input or someone who would like to show me around some spots would be greatly appreciated. Looks like a beautiful weekend to get out
    Musquash (sp?) in Londonderry is a good place not too far from Boston for xc. I haven't been too often but enjoyed when I did. Bear Brook is a bit further but has tons of trail and a good mix of flow and tech. I ride there frequently and would be happy to give a tour, although I have a young kid so my availability can be erratic.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Any beta on Mountain Creek and Blue Mountain bike parks? Got me a nice new Warden and want to spin laps to increase my stamina on downhills. I assume you don't need a 200mm bike to ride those parks?

Anyone going to fat tire fest this year?

http://wmba.org/?p=779
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

First ride of the year. Picked up some new mis-matched wheels over the winter. Easton Havoc front/de-stickered WTB Stryker rear. Hoping the extra girthy front hub increases radness. It's orange, so that must help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150509_131757.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	167012

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Anyone going to fat tire fest this year?

http://wmba.org/?p=779
    This will be the first year in a long time I won't be there. That's the same days as the NY NICA finals and my daughter is currently the points leader for her division. This year she WILL be standing on the top of the podium rather than the second step down

JayPow and geo thanks for the info I will definitely check those places out.
    Rode middlesex fells yesterday, was a blast! Honestly ridden all over the place and really enjoyed my time worming around yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Any beta on Mountain Creek and Blue Mountain bike parks? Got me a nice new Warden and want to spin laps to increase my stamina on downhills. I assume you don't need a 200mm bike to ride those parks?
    Definitely don't need 8 inches in the rear to enjoy yourself at creek...but it's just better. That said there's plenty of flow trails where 6 inches is plenty. You can ride most of the enduro trails from the lift. Pm me and I'll show you around for a couple laps if I'm up there that day.

Folks, been back on the east coast a few months now and looking for places to ride around Boston. Spent 5 years in Burlington riding the Fellowship and Stowe trails and just left an 8 month stint in SLC. Used to really enjoy Hinesburg Town Forest, Kimmer, Perry Hill and the such. Anyways looking for some local input. I used to ride out in the Holyoke area years ago also.

Me:
    Dont mind pedaling and clymbing as long as its worth a decent descent, XC is all good too, just no slow moseying through the trees . Enjoyed the few times I lift served at Sugarbush as wellas got the VMBA membership and would like to use the benefits eventually.

Specifics:
    How busy is Highland on a weekend? Better in the morning or afternoon for 4ish hours?

Any input or someone who would like to show me around some spots would be greatly appreciated. Looks like a beautiful weekend to get out.

Also Spaming, Im selling my Trance if anyone is interested or would like to test drive

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...Trance-SX-27-5
    I'm moving to Cambridge this summer. Will be doing highland trips if you want to carpool up.

I don't know if it's closer but it sounds like B East is gonna be another good option sorta close to the Boston metro.

On a different note, Holy fire danger out there right now!! Its dry like a late summer when there haven't been any tropical storms. It isn't just dusty its getting sandy. This almost never happens here especially after an extended winter with a for real snowpack.

Mini trip! Camping out of the car, drinking beer, ride some bikes. Feel free to join in.

5/25 STAB trails (been a few times, like the place a lot)

5/26 Drummer Hill (not been, but see it mentioned a lot here) Taqueria Odelay after unless someone has a better suggestion.

5/27 Batchelor St. (been twice, will have to bumble about with a map) Gotta' scoot home after.

Have maps of the last two places found online, and welcome any particular trail beta as in sections to not miss, or stuff to give a pass, or whatever. Anyone wanting to ride and give me a good tour so I don't have to stop and scratch my head with the map all the time will be paid in beer.

Prob. just stay at Ascutney SP Monday night, find someplace to pull the car off and sleep Tuesday night between Keene and Holyoke. All ears if anyone has a good spot to suggest.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

I might be into riding STAB.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    Mini trip! Camping out of the car, drinking beer, ride some bikes. Feel free to join in.

5/26 Drummer Hill (not been, but see it mentioned a lot here) Taqueria Odelay after unless someone has a better suggestion.

5/27 Batchelor St. (been twice, will have to bumble about with a map) Gotta' scoot home after.

Have maps of the last two places found online, and welcome any particular trail beta as in sections to not miss, or stuff to give a pass, or whatever. Anyone wanting to ride and give me a good tour so I don't have to stop and scratch my head with the map all the time will be paid in beer.

Prob. just stay at Ascutney SP Monday night, find someplace to pull the car off and sleep Tuesday night between Keene and Holyoke. All ears if anyone has a good spot to suggest.
    If you're going to come as as far north as Ascutney, you might want to consider riding Boston Lot on day 2. There's a few hours of good technical riding to be had there. I'd show you around but I'll be busy all day...PM me if you'd like some recommendations tho... there's also a group ride that leaves from the Leb trailhead every tues evening at 6 .

mmmmmm, STAB
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Paintballers decided to tear apart this ramp I built and use the wood to build a fence/fort or some shit with it. They wouldn't even know this rock zone if we hadn't built a trail to it.

RIP Marley dog

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post

Depending on how much i feel like suffering ill get in touch with you for drummer hill

Heading up to Burlington this weekend. Any beta on the Stowe trails, Kimmer open??

Hinesburg looks closed so maybe Carse instead...

Any input greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    Paintballers decided to tear apart this ramp I built and use the wood to build a fence/fort or some shit with it. They wouldn't even know this rock zone if we hadn't built a trail to it.

RIP Marley dog
    Whoa forgot this thread existed. Paintballers have to be some of the laziest mofos out there, at our jumps they come in run up the lips, take the tarps off, and destroy shit/have fires. There are plenty of woods out there that would work for PB but they always want all the work done for them. Then again they might of though that "bridge" was just random branches anyways.

Highland was riding good a couple weeks ago but they need rain, especially by now I'm sure. Gilbert F Hills (Foxboro) was running sweet last night with many deadfalls cleared and fast conditions, perfect time for killing all the Strava times. This thread reminds me there are many places up north I need to get to on the bike this year.
    Last edited by massbmx; 05-19-2015 at 12:46 PM.

Heading up to Burlington this weekend. Any beta on the Stowe trails, Kimmer open??

A friend of mine rode Cady Hill last week, said it was prime and dry. I assume the rest of Stowe/Waterbury trails are ready to go too.

everything is good except the Sterling Valley trails.

Scruby the best Mexican in Keene is this place, hands down. http://www.mijalisconh.com/
    the shrimp fajita-nachos, redonk!
    i'm in for STAB and maybe Drummer.
    crab in my shoe mouth