Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PSA - SAC Gear Cache

some reeeeeallly good prices in there: http://www.steepandcheap.com/gear-ca...ng-skiing-gear
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

For serious. One of the better selections I've seen priced that well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

I was trying to hold out for next years brahma to come on sale at some point in the next few years but decided to just punch my ticket.. thanks i guess

edit: brutal year. items will continue to drop in price to move. especially fringe sizes, like I just bought.
    Last edited by klauss; 03-13-2015 at 11:53 PM.

Damn..... Didn't need another pair but trigger pulled. Thanks for the heads up!!

Wow. Silly. Trigger not yet pulled. Every time I open the app, I feel disoriented
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post

edit: brutal year. items will continue to drop in price to move. especially fringe sizes, like I just bought.
    I have the opposite conundrum on the East Coast. After all the fun i had touring close to home this year, I'm tempted by a tech set up, but am afraid that I'm basing how much I'll use them on a year where I could tour 15 minutes from my door for a solid month or two. The chances of that happening again aren't really that high.

Few (especially at your size, mb) ever regret getting a tech setup. You might not use it daily, but for a guy who skis as much as you, it makes a lot of sense to have it in the quiver and the price is not going to get better than it is.

^^^Exactly.

If you feel the need to shop around check out SportConrad, Snowinn and TelemarkPyrenees. Then you can justify the price to yourself even more.
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This is kinda like the goose that laid the golden egg, but shittier.

I just opened SAC and came here to post this thread that you already posted.

My fucking wallet hates me!
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb

Shit. Great price on the skis I want but only in the size I don't.

Nice price on those Montana skins, anybody used them before? Good? Bad? Indifferent?

continuing on this blowout sale subject, bentgate is doing a 40% skis/bindings/avy gear and 50% outerwear, but I believe it's in store only.

does anybody know if that's the case?

^^^BG lists 20% off tele bindings, not 40%.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    ^^^BG lists 20% off tele bindings, not 40%.
    I got this on my email, sale is Sunday March, 15 but I'm thinking it's in store only, maybe through phone

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Few (especially at your size, mb) ever regret getting a tech setup. You might not use it daily, but for a guy who skis as much as you, it makes a lot of sense to have it in the quiver and the price is not going to get better than it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by powtario View Post
    ^^^Exactly.

If you feel the need to shop around check out SportConrad, Snowinn and TelemarkPyrenees. Then you can justify the price to yourself even more.
    Yeah...I've been watching the Euro sites pretty closely recently given the dramatic exchange rate drop. It makes it pretty darn tempting.

And I did spend what seemed like a lot of time cleaning snow and ice out of my my Dukes this year...

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    Yeah...I've been watching the Euro sites pretty closely recently given the dramatic exchange rate drop. It makes it pretty darn tempting.

And I did spend what seemed like a lot of time cleaning snow and ice out of my my Dukes this year...
    Dude. If you're doing something more than side country or if you're smaller than thin cover, that binding kind of blows, IMO. Sucks for skinning, sucks for skiing (although I do trust its retention more than your average dynafit), heavy as shit, prone to heel slop.

Side country laps - CAST is great, though transition time is a little slower at first.

Backcountry laps - go tech. No question.

I just picked up an ABS Vario Silver base unit for $350. Not bad at all. Now looking at touring setups.

Fuck me. My cart sits at over $2k. Might be putting that unused return policy to the test.

Wow. Totally killer prices.

Maybe I am being an idiot, but I can navigate to the page anyway I try today. I found some things yesterday I wanted to jump on.
    "You don't want to run into me on the tram dock. I went to jail. I have an inclinometer, and a friend of a friend who's a lawyer. Why do you have to be such a hater? I was just trying to post some stoke." The Suit

"I demoed the Davenport 2 weeks ago, I really liked them a lot... the blue sidewalls and tip really looked great with my pants. I also tried the '11 MX98, they didn't look as good with my outfit. If you have blue pants or maybe some Lange race boots I recommend you check them out."

sale ended last night @ midnight MST.

i bet they will put that stuff up again though.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    sale ended last night @ midnight MST.

i bet they will put that stuff up again though.
    Whoops. Thanks!
    "You don't want to run into me on the tram dock. I went to jail. I have an inclinometer, and a friend of a friend who's a lawyer. Why do you have to be such a hater? I was just trying to post some stoke." The Suit

"I demoed the Davenport 2 weeks ago, I really liked them a lot... the blue sidewalls and tip really looked great with my pants. I also tried the '11 MX98, they didn't look as good with my outfit. If you have blue pants or maybe some Lange race boots I recommend you check them out."

I sure as hell did not need them, but it was hard not to put a pair of 190 Liberty Double Helix for $273 in my cart... Absolute smoking deal and def some of the best deals I have seen to date...

@PlayitLeo
    Talked with the manager of a reputable shop in Portland. Dude said the Montana skins had (have?) glue issues.

deals are back up.