Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1062

Thread: jeopardy

Emma matched his correct answers with 100% accuracy, she was just as fast on the buzzer and got the 2 Double Jeopardy questions and put herself in a place to win after leading going into Final Jeopardy and getting it right. James, Final Jeopardy bet was a weird amount and seemed like he figured the only way he had any chance was to have the other 2 get the Final question wrong.

Wonder how long Emma will end up as Champion and her streak now.
    Last edited by RShea; 06-05-2019 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Updated name of the new Champion

Who the hell is nancy?

Quote Originally Posted by mcski;

Ken Jennings is the next logical and best choice for Jeopardy host when Alex is done
    what is word
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

Damn! I missed this since Stanley Cup game was on and preempted the showing until 9:00 PDT. Forgot all about it.

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Who the hell is nancy?
    Emma

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Shit, I figured he’d be on as long as he wanted to be. He was just so dominating. Well, now to hit the talk show circuit.
    Blame it on his daughter, she wanted a party

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Dudes, it's not even 430 on the west coast. Fuck you both and STFU
    It was weird knowing the spoiler and watching it with the sound off at a restaurant during a mountain bike meeting before the big Bruins game.
    I'm actually glad I knew what was going to happen before it happened. It would have been nice to see him beat Ken overall.
    It was a fun run a great exposure for Jeopardy for those that don't watch every night

bruins lose the series so you can watch it later
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

I think Ken Jennings would be a great host, but I also don't think it's going to happen.

Who the hell is nancy?
    Nancy is the generic name for any female jeopardy contestant. It’s kinda like the ozzy name “Sheila”.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    bruins lose the series so you can watch it later
    Now that's some funny stuff right there

If anyone missed the show, I was able to find it on YouTube.

Emma won it, fair and square. The only thing I noticed was James seemed to be just a little bit slower pressing the button.

Was the WSOP about to start right after this was taped?

Who the hell is nancy?
    My bad - Emma Boettcher is the new champion...

Betty, Danny, Emma- anyway, she won again and beat the curse of the guy who beat Ken Jennings and then lost his second night

She gave Alex the dirtiest look when he said “ah, you’re feeding off of what James would’ve done” . She looked like she wanted to punch him in the face.

This lady wrote her masters on Jeopardy. She must’ve been fun in college....

she got that librarian stink eye mastered
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

jeopardy

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I think Ken Jennings would be a great host, but I also don't think it's going to happen.
    Why not? He's good on camera, quick, witty, and is an entertainer/writer now. Seems entirely capable of doing a MC gig that isn't about him and a much more appealing choice to jeopardy fandom than some broadcaster unknown to most. I remember when Pat Sajak did the local weather, so I think Merv Inc would be open to it. It's really hard to dislike him.

Pat mentioned on his show that their season ends this week so I'm sure that goes for Jeopardy as well. Good news about Alex health this week, but this could be it.

Caught a sweet rerun of Card Sharks the other day w Alex in full fro/leisure suit glory competing against Gene Rayburn. Amazing. Kind of crazy that James lost on the day he surely would have past Ken in dollars won and the last week of the season. Surprised there aren't even more stupid conspiracies than already out there.

Ken's hot take on James' run:
    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...beauty/591073/
    Last edited by mcski; 06-05-2019 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post

Was the WSOP about to start right after this was taped?
    To answer my own question, the show is taped about 3 months in advance. So that probably wasn’t a factor.

She gave Alex the dirtiest look when he said “ah, you’re feeding off of what James would’ve done” . She looked like she wanted to punch him in the face.
    I think she just had no idea what Alex was talking about considering the first time she'd ever seen James play was during their match. She hadn't seen him play for 30+ days like the rest of us had.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Pat mentioned on his show that their season ends this week so I'm sure that goes for Jeopardy as well.
    Nope, Jeopardy has a longer season than Wheel. I think it usually runs through July. July 26th will probably be the final show this season.

jeopardy

Nope, Jeopardy has a longer season than Wheel. I think it usually runs through July. July 26th will probably be the final show this season.
    Really? I'm shocked cause that really makes no sense. They're sold as a syndication package so this seems totally bizarre they would let Pat take an early break. I guess he has a couple years seniority on Alex in the Griffin empire. Or he blew Merv. NTTAWWT

It does seem strange, but that's how it works. Wheel tends to do a couple remote shoots per year, so maybe with the additional logistics for that they cut the season a little shorter than Jeopardy! That's the only justification I can think of.

jeopardy

I get the aspect of remotes being more work for the crew and giving them a break, but I'm just surprised affiliates purchasing the shows would be ok w them not being synced up. I'm sticking w Pat blowing Merv. It was about the same time so maybe he took over for Denny Terrio and the phrase of the moment was Dance Fever. NTTAWWT

I asked this question on jboard.tv and someone said it was actually Alex who was responsible for the longer season. For the first two seasons Wheel and Jeopardy were synced, but Alex decided reruns are "no fun" and advocated for extending the season to 46 weeks.

I think she just had no idea what Alex was talking about considering the first time she'd ever seen James play was during their match. She hadn't seen him play for 30+ days like the rest of us had.
    That was my thought, but he also said “you’ve seen him all week” to her, so..... I found this amazing piece of info -

https://www.jeopardy.com/jbuzz/cast-...rebek-tape-day

Guy is an animal. Bonus points for driving a truck.

So my thought is Emma maybe sat in the audience and watched a few episodes before her turn? ( or tv backstage ) . Which leads me to my earlier question, I wonder if this was show 5 for the day? How long can you dominate 5 shows a day and be that on point....