Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1062

Thread: jeopardy

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Wouldn't two to any power be an even number?
    Not if you start counting from zero and assign unique 8-bit identifiers.

Ken weighs in

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/c...hauer-63307218

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

haha the nerdiness overload with the interviews tonight was excellent
    that james cant jump start a car is a perfect example of various types of intelligence
    skid luxury

jeopardy

Weirdly I popped into the kitchen and heard the interviews start and thought "no need to get back" for that pablum. Oh well, missed it. He definitely is getting looser now and more likeable but still no KJ

That lady on the right had the strangest interview, and accent... I’m embarrassed for James not being able to jump start a car.

Jeopardy is on at 4 here, so I don’t get to watch it often. But I happened to catch it Monday. God, James is a beast! Not only has his tactics changed the game, but his skill at pushing the button faster than humanly possible and the fact that he actually knows all the answers (well, almost all) make him unstoppable. It’s like watching a pro basketball player play against middle school players.

Perhaps the most impressive thing about James is his instant recall. He very seldom has to even think about an answer. There are usually several clues every night that come to me just a little to late, but it seems like that hardly ever happens to James. He's a machine.

he can jump a car just doesn’t want to learn
    seriously though he is the Jeopardy machine
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

I carry oven mitts in the glove box. Just in case I get confused with the black and red positive negative thing. Babe Ruth would have made a great team manager. Team captain? Not so much

Spoiler Allert!
    Watch tonight!

He prob breaks the money record since he is only ~60k away but looking forward to the show tonight. It would be stunning if he lost on the cusp of that record but I'm not gonna bet on it

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Spoiler Allert!
    Watch tonight!
    I posted “stay away from twitter!” but erased it.

lol I repeat-> stay away from twitter!

On I think CBS Morning show they had a segment that tonight if he wins and is even close to his daily average money, he will go over the 2.5 Ken Jennings milestone and be all time winner for regular Jeopardy games (not Tournaments etc. also).

Then 2 of the hosts placed a bet as to if this is the end of his run (one saying it was) the other taking the he is not dethroned side.... No idea or inside scoop at this point as to whom wins that bet.... But will try and watch to see if the streak continues or if Ken Jennings will stay as all time highest money winner and his streak of winning games.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    He prob breaks the money record since he is only ~60k away but looking forward to the show tonight. It would be stunning if he lost on the cusp of that record but I'm not gonna bet on it
    It is OVAH ! SO CLOSE !!!

D'oh!
    All the years combine
    they melt into a dream

Wtf. That was weird. Like he threw the game. It made no sense, he could’ve won if he bet like he always does . Ken Jennings mafia will break your legs.

Dudes, it's not even 430 on the west coast. Fuck you both and STFU

I think your plan had a flaw.

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Wtf. That was weird. Like he threw the game. It made no sense, he could’ve won if he bet like he always does . Ken Jennings mafia will break your legs.
    Something tells me a professional sports gambler probably doesn't have the best "steady job" work ethic.... even if that 9-5's a steady gig on Jeopardy. I was wondering when he would start fucking around to give others a chance to end that ride he seemed to be growing tired of..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I think he said, "the day someone is beating me into Final, I'll let them win"
    23,400 vs 26,600. He was only down by $2,300 and yet he only bet 1,399.
    BUT his 1,399 was a $1 to cover 3rd place from doubling up on him.
    His only bet was for the 1st place Emma to miss the question.

jeopardy

That amt prob represents some significant date to him. Who knows

His only chance to win was for Emma to miss final at any rate. There isn't any reason she wouldn't be expected to bet enough to win. He prob had some feeling that if she missed final it would be tough and he might too - idk.

Alex seemed to choke up and get a little verklempt when he realized James was done

Kinda weird to think in real time all those shows only took a little over 6 days total

Ken Jennings is the next logical and best choice for Jeopardy host when Alex is done

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Wtf. That was weird. Like he threw the game. It made no sense, he could’ve won if he bet like he always does
    How do you figure? He only got the daily double in the first round and it was the first clue uncovered, so he could only wager $1,000. Emma got both daily doubles in the double Jeopardy round. Emma made the lockout wager on Final (i.e. bet so that if James' bet everything she'd still win by a dollar). He had to bet small so as not to be overtaken by the guy in third if he'd gone all in and was the only person to get FJ correct.

I got FJ but was contemplating between Marlowe and Chaucer. I finally realized Chaucer wouldn't be the answer to a clue in the category "Shakespeare's Time."

Chaucer briefly crossed my mind but it really made know sense. Pretty common trivia that Marlowe was killed young too

Shit, I figured he’d be on as long as he wanted to be. He was just so dominating. Well, now to hit the talk show circuit.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    How do you figure? He only got the daily double in the first round and it was the first clue uncovered, so he could only wager $1,000. Emma got both daily doubles in the double Jeopardy round. Emma made the lockout wager on Final (i.e. bet so that if James' bet everything she'd still win by a dollar).
    Yup, my math was off I guess. Emma beat him fair and square.