Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Costco has this one: https://www.costco.com/hp-14%22-lapt...100511810.html

$400, 90 day return policy, 4 year warranty using the costco visa.

seems decent? thoughts from those who know this shit?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

I have a ~2013 Lenovo E431 with an i5 processor, 500 GB harddrive and 4 GB ram. It gets very light use.

I am debating spending a little bit of cash to upgrade the RAM to 16 BG and harddrive to a solid state drive and use the existing drive as a backup (I have an external enclosure already).

I figure this keeps me current with the low end laptop I could go buy for $4-500 and will cost ~$200.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by char_ View Post
    I have a ~2013 Lenovo E431 with an i5 processor, 500 GB harddrive and 4 GB ram. It gets very light use.

I am debating spending a little bit of cash to upgrade the RAM to 16 BG and harddrive to a solid state drive and use the existing drive as a backup (I have an external enclosure already).

I figure this keeps me current with the low end laptop I could go buy for $4-500 and will cost ~$200.

Thoughts?
    I know nothing, but two friends of mine that know a lot suggested the change to a SSD would be a huge improvement for my old cheap laptop (but I need a new cheap laptop so I can have 2 laptops, not one faster laptop). So I think your logic is sound.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Don't expect miracles, however, SSD and Max RAM help. I have a $99 Black Friday Special HP AIO from WallyWorld that is now just barely useful due to said upgrades. Overall I have less into it than it cost new retail, however, I can't believe they expected people to pay full retail for this hunk of junk as it was delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by char_ View Post

Thoughts?
    Similar issue. My Fujitsu is i5 with 4 GB of Ram. Upgraded it to 16 GB and god damn, runs like a new computer for $80.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.