Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Mountain Collective adds Sun Valley

369 dollars right now. The three day option for one mountain is carried over.

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    369 dollars right now. The three day option for one mountain is carried over.
    Another reason to renew.

Quote Originally Posted by Vets View Post
    Another reason to renew.
    Hell yeah!

Now if Gonzo can just make it direct to lift?
    Talk to Christian and make it happen!

Cool, another mountain I don't have the time or money to make it to

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Jackson and sun valley in same trip?
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Jackson, Sun Valley, and Alta Snowbird. Not too shabby.

Do other hills offer the cheap ($89) upgrade to their pass like Mammoth? No free days, but 50% off on all hills listed. It is a nice deal if you are only going to make it to one extra hill. I used it for 6 days at J-hole.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Received notice that today is the last day for the bonus ticket, so if you have been on the fence ..... Think the pass is at $389.

Sure it will not be revealed for public consumption, but I would be interested in the 3rd day breakdown. My guess would be JH, Whistler, Aspen in that order. I took Jackson as my 3rd day; if I were to ski peak rates it would make the other 14 days free.

I bet it's Aspen by a fairly large margin.
    They hatched the idea and have been pushing their Classic pass holders toward the MCP for years.
    They also don't offer any 10 or 15 day pass products.

That makes sense. Funny how personal perspective often leads me astray.

I chose Alta/Bird for my third day.
    Do you show up with receipt and get a day pass, or is there an actual pass with your picture on it? I get a Sun Valley season pass and am wondering what I can do with my Mountain Collective days here.

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Quote Originally Posted by 5B View Post
    I chose Alta/Bird for my third day.
    Do you show up with receipt and get a day pass, or is there an actual pass with your picture on it? I get a Sun Valley season pass and am wondering what I can do with my Mountain Collective days here.
    You show up with a receipt and get an actual pass (most places will take your picture for the pass.)
    I went to the office at Alta the last two seasons after hearing from friends that they are better equipped than Snowbird.
    Some resorts offer an option of attaching your pass to a credit card (I believe that Squaw/Alpine, Aspen, Jackson Hole do this) to add extra days right at the lift.
    Alta required it last year while it was optional the year before.
    Mammoth did not offer attaching a credit card to the pass.

It sounds like you will have a couple of redundant days with two types of passes for Sun Valley. I don't believe that any days are transferable.

Taos and Stowe have been added. Price is $399, but no bonus day. Still 50% off after 2 comp days. Heck of a deal given the quality of all the hills on the pass. Massive road trip here I come.

Definitely worth it for any roaming or retired maggots.... four days and it's paid for.

The rest is gravy, but you just have to get there.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Nice. Taos is highly favored in a strong El Nino.
    I thought they might add Snowbasin as it is a Sun Valley resort.

This boy from the gritty streets of NYC is loving the addition of Stowe!
    HTML Code:
    https://youtu.be/hhVylFtE2YE

Awesome. Benny's driving to Stowe a few times in January. Finally, a solid eastern hill in the lineup.

^I've always wondered why Vail hasn't added at least one major eastern resort. Seems to fit like a glove with their plan for world domination.

And I was assimilated today.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Well - I guess I will be skiing Stowe this winter for the first time since 2006...

Almost went to Taos last year. Ended up in AZ at snow bowl based on cost. If I can get a new customer in NM I'm there this season easily. Using southwest points and going to make it happen since it seems like a sick resort. Mtn collective is the real deal
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Stowe is a nice add for anyone on the East coast who knows how much you will use it when you buy there's a good chance you don't get out West that much if at all and the pass goes to waste but with Stowe I'll probably buy it every year now. That being the only mountain with multiple good hotels around or on it in New England which is a big benefit too when you contemplate taking a weekend ski trip with a novice or anyone who isn't as hardcore as yourself and your going to be wasting money and standing in line inevitably nice digs make a difference when the skiing is comprimised. THumbs up on Taos too.
    Last edited by DoYou WannaDance; 08-13-2015 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    ^I've always wondered why Vail hasn't added at least one major eastern resort. Seems to fit like a glove with their plan for world domination.

And I was assimilated today.

Probably because no larger mountain in New England that Vail would be associated with (from a branding point of view) is willing to let people ski there unlimited all year long for the 80-90 bucks the eastern mountains would recieve out of the 800 Vail gets on the pass. I bet they add something in the mid atlantic region before anything in new england to entice New Yorkers and people down the eastern shore board to buy the epic and start planning their expensive vaca to summit co.

I could see them adding a couple Quebec resorts that would happen before anything is added in New England.

HAHA I WOULD LOOOOOOVVVVEEEEE IT if they added somewhere close to NYC like HUnter Mountain to the Epic and as a result Vail gets swarms of extra NY/Jersey gapers going there on top of all the existing ones and midwest ones and other usual Vail skiers to upset the twatty locals living there. (Not trying to hate on the hot females who treat trips to Vail like a spring break.)

Quote Originally Posted by DoYou WannaDance View Post
    Stowe is a nice add for anyone on the East coast who knows how much you will use it when you buy there's a good chance you don't get out West that much if at all and the pass goes to waste but with Stowe I'll probably buy it every year now. That being the only mountain with multiple good hotels around or on it in New England which is a big benefit too when you contemplate taking a weekend ski trip with a novice or anyone who isn't as hardcore as yourself and your going to be wasting money and standing in line inevitably nice digs make a difference when the skiing is comprimised. THumbs up on Taos too.

Really, that was edited?

You're safe there Bobby, it is not a "destination resort" Going to miss the Invintational this winter, but I should be cruising through the neighborhood late February to early March will be in touch for a tour of the place.

Quote Originally Posted by DoYou WannaDance View Post
    Probably because no larger mountain in New England that Vail would be associated with (from a branding point of view) is willing to let people ski there unlimited all year long for the 80-90 bucks the eastern mountains would recieve out of the 800 Vail gets on the pass. I bet they add something in the mid atlantic region before anything in new england to entice New Yorkers and people down the eastern shore board to buy the epic and start planning their expensive vaca to summit co.
    I should have specified BOUGHT a Northeastern resort rather than just added to the pass. And yeah for exactly the reason you mentioned of locking them into a Vail Resort vacation out west.

Regarding who gets the most extra 3rd days, don't forget about SquawPine. They're the heavy favorites around these parts since a lot of folks have the Tahoe Pass (Heavenly/Kirkwood/N*) and we're most likely to benefit from a 3rd local day. Alta/Bird fits the same description for SLC.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.