Florida Department of Environmental Protection is banning term Global Warming and...

The Gulf is dead. Iceland is the new Florida.

How dumb. Fuck that flat state.

Well I feel physically sick, so much for leadership in the state that will be the most affected. How in the world do these people get elected?
    "It's like we're watching a movie... and then suddenly we're acting in it."

Ullr seems to have a new year's resolution planned for 2005 in the PNW. Cold and wet weather is being predicted starting January 1st and continuing for as long as the 15 day forcast lasts. Although I know 12 plus days is a bit difficult to predict, I'll personally take anything I can get at this point.

Ullr seems to have a new year's resolution planned for 2005 in the PNW. Cold and wet weather is being predicted starting January 1st and continuing for as long as the 15 day forcast lasts. Although I know 12 plus days is a bit difficult to predict, I'll personally take anything I can get at this point.

Problem is Florida will slowly be enveloped by the seas, that will give those fools time to move, to your home state.

Seems like they might have an issue getting FEMA funding moving forward... This should be interesting.

Florida must not be getting any free grant money from the government, so they're not singing The Man's "climate change" tune. No doubt they'll be punished for not playing along with the best scam since Scientology, but kudos for them for being objective.

Forbes: Settled Science Scam

"In 2010, Climate Depot identified more than 1,000 international scientists, including many current and former United Nations International Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) scientists, who voiced skepticism about the climate change consensus and the IPCC – a consensus which National Geographic seems to think is the gospel of global warming. Are 1,000 scientists “a few,” and are they all bought off by the Koch brothers?

No doubt industry funds some of these skeptics, but it is also true that the U.S. government and private foundations are providing billions of dollars of funding – Obama wants $8 billion this year – for climate change research and activities. Needless to say, the best way to get defunded and to go unnoticed is to conclude global warming isn’t happening. Would anyone want to fund the green-industrial complex if the earth’s temperature weren’t on a catastrophic path of warming or cooling?

National Geographic concludes by saying the debate is over on climate change. Period. What is clear is that this “settled science” argument isn’t meant to advance scientific inquiry and understanding, but to shut it down. What is the left so afraid of that they want to cut off all debate and disparage all who question the consensus. Once liberals believed in “questioning authority,” now they insist on universal allegiance to every conventional wisdom."

Climate Alarmists Grasping at Icicles

"In light of recent revelations about climate agencies “adjusting” the actual, measured temperatures in ways they believe accord more with what the temperature "really was"—and which just happen to make the past seem colder and the present warmer—sensible people will hesitate to trust even this non-startling announcement.

While NOAA was announcing January 2014 as the second-warmest January on record, it also noted, without a hint of irony, the January sea ice extent in Antarctica was the largest on record, 44 percent greater than the average for the month. And don’t forget, it’s the middle of what passes for summer in Antarctica.

It’s sad really. Alarmists seem to live lives of noisy desperation."

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Florida must not be getting any free grant money from the government, so they're not singing The Man's "climate change" tune. No doubt they'll be punished for not playing along with the best scam since Scientology, but kudos for them for being objective.

Forbes: Settled Science Scam

"In 2010, Climate Depot identified more than 1,000 international scientists, including many current and former United Nations International Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) scientists, who voiced skepticism about the climate change consensus and the IPCC – a consensus which National Geographic seems to think is the gospel of global warming. Are 1,000 scientists “a few,” and are they all bought off by the Koch brothers?

No doubt industry funds some of these skeptics, but it is also true that the U.S. government and private foundations are providing billions of dollars of funding – Obama wants $8 billion this year – for climate change research and activities. Needless to say, the best way to get defunded and to go unnoticed is to conclude global warming isn’t happening. Would anyone want to fund the green-industrial complex if the earth’s temperature weren’t on a catastrophic path of warming or cooling?

National Geographic concludes by saying the debate is over on climate change. Period. What is clear is that this “settled science” argument isn’t meant to advance scientific inquiry and understanding, but to shut it down. What is the left so afraid of that they want to cut off all debate and disparage all who question the consensus. Once liberals believed in “questioning authority,” now they insist on universal allegiance to every conventional wisdom."

Climate Alarmists Grasping at Icicles

"In light of recent revelations about climate agencies “adjusting” the actual, measured temperatures in ways they believe accord more with what the temperature "really was"—and which just happen to make the past seem colder and the present warmer—sensible people will hesitate to trust even this non-startling announcement.

While NOAA was announcing January 2014 as the second-warmest January on record, it also noted, without a hint of irony, the January sea ice extent in Antarctica was the largest on record, 44 percent greater than the average for the month. And don’t forget, it’s the middle of what passes for summer in Antarctica.

It’s sad really. Alarmists seem to live lives of noisy desperation."
    1000-oaks's
    Powder Miner

lol.

Aaaaand what does this little place called the "Eastern Sierra" (maybe you've heard of it) have to do with Florida?

Aaaaand what does this little place called the "Eastern Sierra" (maybe you've heard of it) have to do with Florida?
    California is in a severe drought due to anthropogenic global warming, and you refuse to accept basic science.

The irony is too much for me to handle

If you had a basic understanding of science you would know that human caused climate change is a very real thing.

But you probably never went to college

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    California is in a severe drought due to anthropogenic global warming, and you refuse to accept basic science.
    Look into this a little deeper than USA Today articles, and you'll find the last 100-125 years have been an unusually wet time for California. Our "drought" is actually typical for the area if you look at historical averages. California is swinging back to normal. Yes, NORMAL. A human's lifetime or two is but a blip on the Earth's timeline, don't put so much weight on your "experience" on this planet - hubris can blind.

If you had a basic understanding of science you would know that human caused climate change is a very real thing.
    Just like the Bible proves the existence of God? Sorry, human caused climate change is also a religion, and certainly not settled science. The IPCC is a panel of "members", and only a small percentage are even scientists (who are receiving lots of grant money from governments - what a surprise). Consensus is not science, and consensus by believers is certainly not scientific proof. It works fantastic for the religions of the world though.

So typical. Personal attacks instead of propositions supported by facts. The last resort of someone unable to defend their position.

But you probably never went to college
    I won't get into all of the degrees & MENSA memberships in my immediate family, but if you did attend college, you might want to ask for a refund and try another school. Institutions of actual higher learning teach how to question, analyze, and make predictions based on data. Many colleges these days simply tell people what to think, and paying for indoctrination is outrageous.

Heeding George Carlin's advice about arguing, I'm done here.

Look into this a little deeper than USA Today articles, and you'll find the last 100-125 years have been an unusually wet time for California. Our "drought" is actually typical for the area if you look at historical averages. California is swinging back to normal. Yes, NORMAL. A human's lifetime or two is but a blip on the Earth's timeline, don't put so much weight on your "experience" on this planet - hubris can blind.

Just like the Bible proves the existence of God? Sorry, human caused climate change is also a religion, and certainly not settled science. The IPCC is a panel of "members", and only a small percentage are even scientists (who are receiving lots of grant money from governments - what a surprise). Consensus is not science, and consensus by believers is certainly not scientific proof. It works fantastic for the religions of the world though.

So typical. Personal attacks instead of propositions supported by facts. The last resort of someone unable to defend their position.

I won't get into all of the degrees & MENSA memberships in my immediate family, but if you did attend college, you might want to ask for a refund and try another school. Institutions of actual higher learning teach how to question, analyze, and make predictions based on data. Many colleges these days simply tell people what to think, and paying for indoctrination is outrageous.

Step 1. Link editorial article, yet pontificate about the importance of facts.
    Step 2. Reference family's academic accomplishments and MENSA membership, yet state consensus is not science.
    Step 3. Claim you're heeding George Carlin's advice and not participating in a conversation, while accusing others of indoctrination .
    Step 4. Puff chest and spend the remainder of the day self aggrandizing re: internet posts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEkWH8DB7b0

well if its coming from a source as reliable as Forbes magazine, what can we say

As easy as it is to make fun of Florida... California had the same ridiculous restriction when Arnie was governor. My wife was working for a government agency in a very specific field and was constantly having trouble drafting documents without being able to use the term "climate change" or even reference it. Fucking ridiculous. Some of the results were actually hilarious... things like, "Due to temperatures not lowering but actually the opposite of that for several straight years for some reason..."

laughing my ass off right now. climate change = short term instability and faster rates of change. yeah we are probably coming out of a wet period and going into a hot dry period in the west... but we are coming out fast.

..cant believe I actually bit on this one.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Fucking retards.

More than 96% of Peer Reviewed studies have found that global warming is anthropogenic.

Dig your heads in the sand a little bit deeper

"You know what'll make the problem go away? Not talking about it."

-Florida DEP, probably

Seriously?

I know AGW is real because the fat man with tiny digits tweeted it's all a big hoax.

If you had been paying attention, that right there tells you pretty much all you need to know.