Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    you don't have to worry about running into Benny.
    Possibly the only thing SC has over CO right now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Oh, well, move there, I'm sure it's lovely and charming.

Visited a good friend from college on my way out west this year. His wife forced him to move from Bend, Oregon to Indianapolis for, ahem, family reasons. Now she's gone, the kids are gone, and he's stuck there until the end. Fucking Indianapolis. Don't be him.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post

Visited a good friend from college on my way out west this year. His wife forced him to move from Bend, Oregon to Indianapolis for, ahem, family reasons. Now she's gone, the kids are gone, and he's stuck there until the end. Fucking Indianapolis. Don't be him.
    Yeah, I don't want to be that guy... which is why we aren't moving to Europe. My family is the issue... still don't want to be that guy. Don't know what's going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post

That sounds awfully familiar to me.

Indy is a step up from STL. They didnt abandon the whole down town and there are some good spots to live like around Butler.

Bold trad climbing at Whitesides. Other than that it will suck. I did a 8 year stint in deeper south in my 30's and I still have bad dreams about going back.

Good luck

We had a few family reunions at Lake Keowee (midpoint for driving). Even with the proximity to the mountains, I could hardly stomach the locale. The south is a backwards-ass place. Aiken is even further from the mountains. Puke.
    They think I do not know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do.

I think the OP forgot that this is TGR which means there's only one acceptable place to live (a yurt in Alaska with your RS6Avanteurpspecdiesel parked out front.) Every other place on the planet is beyond worthless and had no redeeming qualities whatsoever. (Where's Hugh when you need him?)

I spend about half my year on Hilton Head so I will always have a soft spot for SC - and anyone who tells you Low Country is shitty hasn't ever been and is talking out of their ass.

That being said, interior SC is a very very different place from the coast and LC. I've only driven past Aiken and it never occurred to me to stop. The lakes up north are gorgeous but it's nothing that would ever drag me away from the coast.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    Might have to be headed in that direction sometime in the next year or so. Yes, the idea is in fact rather nauseating... biggest concern at the moment is finding a decent school. I know there are plenty of nice neighborhoods, if you're down with the geriatric set... Anyone familiar with the area?
    Lived in Charleston for ten years and traveled the state fairly extensively. I would strongly suggest avoiding Aiken, if at all possible. Unless you are from the South, you may feel welcomed, but I assure you, you won't be. Southerners, particularly South Carolinians, go to great lengths to make you feel at home, but they can't wait for you to leave. You will never be accepted as one of "them." On the surface, you may brush this off, but be forewarned, when it comes time to trust somebody for something, you can't.

Further, that part of the state fucking sucks. There is some decent bass fishing and hunting, but you won't have the right connections to show you where to go. Big freaking snakes and every biting insect imaginable live in the backwaters and forests.

There is absolutely nothing to do there. Nothing. Well, I guess I am wrong, you could always sip sweet tea with the reverend and go to church three days per week.

Edit: I would move back to my home in Sullivan's Island tomorrow if I could...
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb

Two words: swamp ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Two words: swamp ass.

PM Rontele
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Some of the small towns have straightup gangsters. I cant reember the town, but i barracaded the motel room door that night. Compton in the sticks.

i second hilton head as a fantastic place.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I think the OP forgot that this is TGR which means there's only one acceptable place to live (a yurt in Alaska with your RS6Avanteurpspecdiesel parked out front.) Every other place on the planet is beyond worthless and had no redeeming qualities whatsoever. (Where's Hugh when you need him?)

I spend about half my year on Hilton Head so I will always have a soft spot for SC - and anyone who tells you Low Country is shitty hasn't ever been and is talking out of their ass.

That being said, interior SC is a very very different place from the coast and LC. I've only driven past Aiken and it never occurred to me to stop. The lakes up north are gorgeous but it's nothing that would ever drag me away from the coast.
    Let me guess ... you're a Wexford man?

Or perhaps Colleton River chap?

Or maybe you're a Daufuskie guy?

To the OP; Charleston is two hours down the road. Asheville (and some excellent biking) is four hours.

When I lived in the South I joked that I was x hours away from not much. Two seasons; hot and real damn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Let me guess ... you're a Wexford man?

Or perhaps Colleton River chap?

Or maybe you're a Daufuskie guy?

Heh. Wrong on all 3. I've never liked Wexford (it's personal), it's sound-side too; Colleton is gorgeous and has great golf but is off-island; and Daufuskie is fantastic but again, no.

We're ocean-side in PD, in between the lagoon and beach.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    We're ocean-side in PD, in between the lagoon and beach.
    How very pedestrian ...