Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    doughboyshredder Guest
    I can't believe this is a real thread. Did I miss something?

Did Epic take over?

Silly skiers.

Boots on in the parking lot. I'm okay with the walk from the lot, but I still have to walk up the stairs backwards.
    This is why I prefer the escalators at Beaver Creek.

I wear em all the time except when I'm taking a dump. Not enough forward lean.

It depends on apres ski. If I am going to drink myself silly at such places as the Moose, I prefer to stagger back to the car in shoes.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    I wear em all the time except when I'm taking a dump. Not enough forward lean.

Dfit boots have excellent ramp dump angle.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by telebobski View Post
    I've found AT boots much easier to drive in than Tele - that damn duckbill hangs up on under dash wiring
    I drove in skiboots once. I'm sorry about that dog.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

When we were kids Dad tried to drive us to the local hill once wearing his ski boots. Boot jammed and he rear ended a VW Beetle at the first intersection.

Mom says: "Thank goodness you only hit that car in the trunk."

I could put my boots on in the parking lot but since I live slopeside it makes more sense to do it before I even go outside.

I always put my boots on in the lodge.

I think it's especially important when you have some sick snow boots and patterned socks to give you lodge cred with all the hotties and shine over their inferior boyfriends/husbands. You get to perform the ancient ritual of sliding into your high performance boots and slamming your heel on the ground a couple times to let everyone know how hard your going to shred.There is almost always an opportunity to drop your pants and let the ladies see you in your skivvies for a second as you unfasten your belt and adjust your mid layers before going out to dominate your competition. After strutting around the lodge for a minute or two fully dressed, talking to nobody, you do a quick stretch or two and head outside.

With your impressive display in the lodge all the ladies and wannabes are going to be looking for you on the mountain to see if you can hang. Once they see you ripping in your brightly colored ensemble they will come flocking from near and far.

When your done with your shred sesh, do with them as you wish Après, while once again quickly donning your sick snow boots and dancing the night away without risking the prettiest girl leaving while you "go to your car and change your boots"...

True Story

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    When we were kids Dad tried to drive us to the local hill once wearing his ski boots. Boot jammed and he rear ended a VW Beetle at the first intersection.

Mom says: "Thank goodness you only hit that car in the trunk."
    Too funny... but she's right, considering the gas tank was under the hood.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

With our gang of four at Big Sky we usually do the gear drop off at the lodge, then I go park the car (sometimes far away) while the kids work on getting their stuff on. Almost always hit the bar after skiing and I'd rather not be clomping around. I know it's gaper to boot up in the lodge but I pretty much let the skiing decide who's a gaper. That said, if I'm alone I will usually boot up at the car because it is faster.

Now that many boots have walk mode, you can finally safely drive while wearing ski boots.
    When I lived five miles from the lifts I would usually just drive in my AT boots. Now that I live a half a block away, I walk past people booting up at their cars every day. We don't a have any "base lodges" here.
    When I travel I prefer to boot up the parking lot. Or in the snowcat. Whichever the case may be.
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

I've digressed to the PL this year. Less in/out hassle I guess...
    Gravity. It's the law.

Old farts, females, and nancies boot up in the lodge.
    Total spoiled poser douches have season lockers.

You'd have to be out of yer mind to go in the lodge for any reason at Steaux.

Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post
    I have never ever seen anyone putting boots on in 'the lodge', which I am guessing is a cafe at the bottom or something?
    That is cause Whisler doesn't have a base lodge, Lake Louise does, and they provide places for people to dump their boot bags. Since the 1 st parking lot is a 20 yard walk to the lodge, it is way nicer, especially on a storm day to just haul the bag in, then boot up. Course you also have to get there early as that lot holds maybe 60 cars. Which means that you are in the lodge for a while before the lifts even start spinning. Gives lots of time to get a latte and sit and bitch about how the snow isn't as good as it was in the 'old' days.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post
    Lot for me, every time. I try not to hit the lodge ever, unless #2 is knocking.
    Lodge, but only if it's convenient. #2 is always knocking. And if it isn't yet it will be soon, so it's good to work one up even if it seems premature.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    It depends on apres ski. If I am going to drink myself silly at such places as the Moose, I prefer to stagger back to the car in shoes.

About ten years ago I go to fill the urinal one last time at the Moose at about midnight before taking off. Next to me is some gaper in jeans and, yes, his boots, swaying back and forth at the other urinal. He turns to me and says "yo dude, heh heh", and I realize his entire face is peeling from a sunburn he got two days before on the only cloudless day. He seemed to be having a good time, I guess.

In the locker room, before I hit the Stairmaster to train for Alaska.

Boots on in parking lot, or in lodge/onhill?

Does anyone ski mid week? Quiet, no crowds, no lift lines, no gapers, and no hurries. Drop off the gear near the lodge, park the car, walk back in shoes, and change on a soft seat out of the weather. Getting wet socks in the lot is not for me.

Now touring days are different....

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    duckbill? your tele boots are different than mine.
    Heh, last season I earned enough money to buy heel bindings. I no longer want to ski in the worst way possible, NTN or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Wake and walk... low maintenance.

What I wonder is, how many have had sex with ski boots on? I hear 130 flex stays stiffest.
    It depends on what the meaning of the word "sex" is. Do you mean an improper relationship ? Anyway, it mostly sucked.
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    You'd have to be out of yer mind to go in the lodge for any reason at Steaux.

not if you have 50 percent off the food :P .

I have a locker, resort employee perk. If I travel anywhere else I normally boot up inside because well I am a pussy and like warm feet.

Left boot goes on at home, right boot goes on in the parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by telebobski View Post
    I've found AT boots much easier to drive in than Tele - that damn duckbill hangs up on under dash wiring
    That is one more advantage to NTN.