Page 128 of 145 FirstFirst ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 3611

Thread: NFL 2015/16

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Interesting analysis - which plays hurt the most in a loss: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...d-extra-point/
    I really like 538 but jeeebus christ they messed up on that article. You don't compare the odds of winning before the extra point miss to the odds afterwards, you compare the odds of winning after the miss to what they *would* have been if he had made it. Duh. Editor must have been asleep on that one. They got torn to pieces when they posted that on Facebook a few days ago - kind of surprised they haven't updated it by now.

i said it before he got drafted. i have no idea why anybody would touch manziel. so dallas will probably take him. he has enough marks against him ON the field that if you consider the enormous ones in his personality and off the field behavior that i can't believe people who get paid to analyze this shit would even think twice about him. he doesn't give a fuck. taking him is essentially injecting your team with expensive cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I really like 538 but jeeebus christ they messed up on that article. You don't compare the odds of winning before the extra point miss to the odds afterwards, you compare the odds of winning after the miss to what they *would* have been if he had made it. Duh. Editor must have been asleep on that one. They got torn to pieces when they posted that on Facebook a few days ago - kind of surprised they haven't updated it by now.
    Yeah - take everything they do with a grain of salt, but season's over so it's something...

3 hr flight from DFW to LAS
    (1 hr from LAX, Manziel to Rams confirmed?)
    holy fucking shitballs

Looks like he hit his girlfriend again. RG3 probably a better fit for Cowboys anyhow.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Quote Originally Posted by Ski to Be View Post
    Looks like he hit his girlfriend again. RG3 probably a better fit for Cowboys anyhow.
    Right, because the Cowboys have a zero-tolerance policy for domestic abuse when it comes to free agent signings.

They caught a ton of heat for the Hardy signing and he didn't play that well to boot. Don't see them going down that road again. Then again with JJ who knows. On a side note it makes me wonder if Hardy was as great as his numbers were or was he just the benefactor of a lot of coverage sacks because he had a great defense around him in Carolina.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Was wondering what happened to McMahon.

https://www.whaxy.com/news/jim-mcmahon-medical-cannabis

^^^^Sounds like life isn't real good to these guys after 15 years in the NFL. Maybe play until 30 (8 years) and hang it up. That game is just to hard on the body after playing from a young age (High school and college) and then in the NFL. I know the money is good, but at what cost to your future health and happiness???
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Yeah, but when you look at other guys in the broadcast booth, they seem good. I guess it's hard to tell how much pain they're in or what drugs they are on. Bradshaw took a beating...so I just googled him and this showed up.

Bradshaw is now suffering from short-term memory loss and acute Alzheimer's Syndrome, which he attributes to his experiences as a pro football player.
    Not that my kid had talent to play at a higher level, but I was extremely happy when he quit the HS football team.

How can you have "acute Alzheimer's syndrome" and still have a job? Sure he's spacey but he always has been. But he does commercials, he's on the set talking about players and teams, is it even possible that he has Alzheimer's? I'm no expert, tell me.

NFL 2015/16

They look fine sitting there or standing around, but watch them walk. I partied one night with Oj Anderson Super Bowl winning Giants RB, and followed him as he limbed around from one Memphis strip club to the next.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Don't most 67 year olds have short term memory difficulties sometimes? And how acute can his Alzheimer's be?
    Decisions Decisions

That's why you have to question guys like Manning and Brady who continue to play with all the success they've achieved. They're fucking nuts.

man it must suck to be a Lions fan

That's a big part of why they're so successful though. They're incapable of quitting. They are so driven that they can't just shut it down on a whim despite having enjoyed such success in their careers.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Some guys can be super successful and walk, but for every Barry Sanders or Robert Smith there's 10 guys that prove your point.

That's one of the reason Marvin Hagler is still a hero of mine. Thought he got robbed, decided the game was rigged, walked away and never looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    That's a big part of why they're so successful though. They're incapable of quitting. They are so driven that they can't just shut it down on a whim despite having enjoyed such success in their careers.
    Absolutely. Driven to insanity.

Yeah, Ricky Williams tried to walk, but did it the wrong way and f'd up.

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    Yeah, but when you look at other guys in the broadcast booth, they seem good. I guess it's hard to tell how much pain they're in or what drugs they are on. Bradshaw took a beating...so I just googled him and this showed up.
    Bradshaw has battled pretty severe depression for decades.

Marvelous Marvin Hagler, that dude was the baddest of the bad.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Didn't sugar ray leonard knock him out?

That's why you have to question guys like Manning and Brady who continue to play with all the success they've achieved. They're fucking nuts.
    Maybe Jamarcus Russell was the real winner. Probably not but he does have that sweet necklaces of himself.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Didn't sugar ray leonard knock him out?
    um no. Ray won a split decision that was straight-up robbery. Because of that bullshit Marvin walked and moved to Italy and made movies.

I didn't remember that, too many concussions. Never heard hagler was robbed but ray was definitely a surprise win.

Was wondering what happened to McMahon.

https://www.whaxy.com/news/jim-mcmahon-medical-cannabis

I just don't see pot helping any of those symptoms. He might forget about forgetfulness but it seems to me weed would just make it worse.