Thumbs up Backcountry Magazine Hiring Designer

Backcountry Magazine is hiring a designer.

Esteemed maggots,
    We're hiring a designer to work on both Backcountry and Alpinist Magazines.

Looking for a well qualified individual with experience in magazine and layout design. An individual with a passion for skiing, climbing, biking and the outdoors with a brilliant portfolio who's not afraid of deadlines, dogs (they occasionally outnumber people here), and is similarly expertly skilled at fixing kegerators and tuning and mounting. This job is on-site in our offices in Jeffersonville, VT.

Check out the listing on Craigslist:
    http://burlington.craigslist.org/med/4846812153.html

Or contact me directly:
    Mike Lorenz, Art DIrector
    jobs {@} holpublications.com

backcountrymagazine.com
    alpinist.com

Bump because I like your magazines.

Cool looking job in a great location.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Hung like bull.... Can I have the job.... and can shred.

I'm sure it's a lovely part of the world, but rural Vermont doesn't strike me as a hotbed of backcountry skiing or alpinism. I guess dreaming from afar puts you in touch with your readership?

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    I'm sure it's a lovely part of the world, but rural Vermont doesn't strike me as a hotbed of backcountry skiing or alpinism. I guess dreaming from afar puts you in touch with your readership?
    Yeah...the mountains are'nt the big and there is less open land than the kootenays, but fuck...it has some good BC skiing.
    Wish I was there right this fucking minute.
    They think I do not know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do.

Our editors, contributors, and minions for both titles ski and climb all over the globe.

And sometimes, it doesn't get much better then being minutes from the notch.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    Alpinist was started by a noob in Chicago, then it died. Then the dead magazine sat and sat and sat, waiting for liquidation or salvation. No trustfunders from Jackson or Aspen stepped forward. No grizzled alpinsts from Talkeetna or Canmore stepped forward. In the end only an 8th generation Vermonter, lifelong skier and publisher of Backcountry stepped forward to rebuild the title. More important than location, Alpinist is alive and thriving with a talented and committed staff and ownership.