Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    five mile is in Canada it is about 5 miles from the border. That is the name of the creek. There is a bridge there and a sign. There will be skin tracks. Has better snow short runs but there are some rocks. The pass is the usual continental crap snowpack. If you are motivated you can ski down 5 mile creek to the Klehini and try to ski Mcdonell. that is a good place to approach from. Klehini was wide open and raging when I was last there. But really I would save the drive and go to Thompson Pass IMHO that is the place to be this year.
    off your knees Louie

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1457383529.321910.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	362.9 KB 
ID:	177818
    I've got the key to the highway... I'm gonna leave here runnin', walkin's far too slow

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    five mile is in Canada it is about 5 miles from the border. That is the name of the creek. There is a bridge there and a sign. There will be skin tracks. Has better snow short runs but there are some rocks. The pass is the usual continental crap snowpack. If you are motivated you can ski down 5 mile creek to the Klehini and try to ski Mcdonell. that is a good place to approach from. Klehini was wide open and raging when I was last there. But really I would save the drive and go to Thompson Pass IMHO that is the place to be this year.
    Copy, I know right where that is.

We are going to Juneau to heli ski with APD (or watch it rain) for spring break so valdez will have to wait just a little (I hear its all time though)
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

5 mile will be dust on crust right now, way too solar for current conditions. Go up the saddle W of Mcdonnell and ski back there. That climate may have a buried WL down 40-100cm. Otherwise things are locked up across the border in the USA, and i think you'll find stable snow up there.I think with the current weather pattern storms are not making it quite this far N - full blue here today...
    Juneau is maybe a different story.
    Drive slow, homie.

Whats goin on up there, you holdin out on us man?
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    Whats goin on up there, you holdin out on us man?
    Haha. I'll post up in the 2016 thread I saw. It's been prettttty good lately.
    Drive slow, homie.