Look pivot broken piece necessary?

The black plastic crescent piece broke off the turntable today. Broken on the left, not broken right. This doesn't seem to impact function - maybe the turntable rotates a little easier on the broken side versus non-broken. The white tension piece doesn't seem to create any tension now.

Skied on them the rest of the day and no weird releases. Am I being dumb, or is this not really a problem? Seems like they're just plastic pieces for the heelpad of a boot and the rivets they're attached with aren't super strong.

I can tell you one thing for sure, you are definitely the first person who has ever broken a turntable like that.

I suggest you stop skiing on them and contact Rossignol immediately to report this safety hazard.

I'm sensing a recall of massive proportions here....

Thanks for the confirmation. I've been sitting on hold with corporate in France since the original post. The long distance charges are going to be costly, but it is good to know I'm addressing the issue correctly. I hope the language barrier isn't too great.

Ski them. That heel piece is a sloppy mess with or without it.

Why France...give them a shout out in Utah and they will get you squared away

Quote Originally Posted by SlugInfinite View Post
    Thanks for the confirmation. I've been sitting on hold with corporate in France since the original post. The long distance charges are going to be costly, but it is good to know I'm addressing the issue correctly. I hope the language barrier isn't too great.

I broke the same piece off earlier this season and still ski mine. ski tech in mammoth said the only implication was some potentially unnecessary wear to the heel of the boot but I have yet to see any issues or pre-releases. maybe I am being to lax about the issue...

I was being sarcastic with my response last week. I've skied them another 3 days - there isn't any issue from what I can tell - just wanted confirmation incase someone accredited their pre-release acl tear to a missing crescent piece.